Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Evening, muchachos.
Yes it is, Bret. How goes it?
Recycled an old water heater, assembled a battery charger, replaced the cartridge in the shower, won some auctions on the Devil, and I'm getting the Suburban ready to go in the rebuild shop. Guess it's been a productive day.
So what the the old water heater become?
Part of a cargo of recycled appliances. I considered making it into a still, but I have better candidates for that.
So what did the old water heater become?
Dunno. I left it at the transfer station.

Evening, muchachos.
Yes it is, Bret. How goes it?
Recycled an old water heater, assembled a battery charger, replaced the cartridge in the shower, won some auctions on the Devil, and I'm getting the Suburban ready to go in the rebuild shop. Guess it's been a productive day.
So what the the old water heater become?
Part of a cargo of recycled appliances. I considered making it into a still, but I have better candidates for that.
So what did the old water heater become?
Dunno. I left it at the transfer station.
WTF is a transfer station?  Sorry to be so inquisitive, but recycling indicates it became something else, and a transfer station in the real world would mean it's waiting to catch the next train.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.
Ahhhh. Thanks for asking the questions, Mark. I was a bit confused too.

You guys don't live in commie states.

Well, Jersey's fascist, but that's obviously not the same.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.
Oh, got it.  Commie state thing.  But still curious what becomes of the water heater after the gubmint moves it to "elsewhere".   I mean, what can be done with a used up water heater?  Gut it for the copper, I guess, but that's surely a losing proposition with commodities prices these days.  Sometimes it's fun to run this stuff past the feel good part and see if it really pans out.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.
Oh, got it.  Commie state thing.  But still curious what becomes of the water heater after the gubmint moves it to "elsewhere".   I mean, what can be done with a used up water heater?  Gut it for the copper, I guess, but that's surely a losing proposition with commodities prices these days.  Sometimes it's fun to run this stuff past the feel good part and see if it really pans out.
Tear it apart for scrap. I dunno. We just can't dump it in the trash.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.
Oh, got it.  Commie state thing.  But still curious what becomes of the water heater after the gubmint moves it to "elsewhere".   I mean, what can be done with a used up water heater?  Gut it for the copper, I guess, but that's surely a losing proposition with commodities prices these days.  Sometimes it's fun to run this stuff past the feel good part and see if it really pans out.
Tear it apart for scrap. I dunno. We just can't dump it in the trash.
Washington state trash, you mean.  They put them on a freighter to China.

Recycling means I turned it over to a government program that makes sure it doesn't end up in a landfill. The transfer station is like a dump, except that all the stuff goes into 18-wheelers and is moved elsewhere.
Oh, got it.  Commie state thing.  But still curious what becomes of the water heater after the gubmint moves it to "elsewhere".   I mean, what can be done with a used up water heater?  Gut it for the copper, I guess, but that's surely a losing proposition with commodities prices these days.  Sometimes it's fun to run this stuff past the feel good part and see if it really pans out.
Tear it apart for scrap. I dunno. We just can't dump it in the trash.
Washington state trash, you mean.  They put them on a freighter to China.
I expect so. But hey, we're progressive.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]