Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2023, 11:01:09 AM »

At some point, someone should send out one of those big Batman signal lights for Travellin' Dave.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 11:04:24 AM »

At some point, someone should send out one of those big Batman signal lights for Travellin' Dave.
I texted him on Monday. He was at the Samuel Adams brewery. I think he's having a good week.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »

Jehovah witnesses just stopped by. Looks like I'm not the only one that needs to find a job. Sheesh.

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2023, 11:11:35 AM »

At some point, someone should send out one of those big Batman signal lights for Travellin' Dave.
I texted him on Monday. He was at the Samuel Adams brewery. I think he's having a good week.
Sounds right up his alley.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »

Jehovah witnesses just stopped by. Looks like I'm not the only one that needs to find a job. Sheesh.
Oof

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2023, 12:15:45 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2023, 12:16:38 PM »

Connections
Puzzle #129
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2023, 12:17:03 PM »

Wordle 851 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2023, 12:19:59 PM »

Wordle 851 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This one took some serious mental effort, at least for me.

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2023, 12:44:20 PM »

Wordle 851 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This one took some serious mental effort, at least for me.
In retrospect, I'm disappointed in myself for not getting it in three. Only because the actual word should have come to me sooner than the one I'd guessed.

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2023, 12:44:37 PM »

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2023, 12:59:46 PM »

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2023, 01:09:51 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Afternoon, Page2Raz.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2023, 01:10:08 PM »

Wordle 851 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2023, 01:19:07 PM »

Today is Wednesday, Oct. 18, the 291st day of 2023.
There are 74 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Oct. 18, 1867, the United States took formal possession of Alaska from Russia.

On this date:

In 1648, Boston shoemakers were authorized to form a guild to protect their interests, becoming the first American labor organization on record.

In 1892, the first long-distance telephone line between New York and Chicago was officially opened.

In 1898, the American flag was raised in Puerto Rico shortly before Spain formally relinquished control of the island to the U.S.

In 1954, Texas Instruments unveiled the Regency TR-1, the first commercially produced transistor radio.

In 1962, James D. Watson, Francis Crick and Maurice Wilkins were honored with the Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology for determining the double-helix molecular structure of DNA.

In 1968, the U.S. Olympic Committee suspended Tommie Smith and John Carlos for giving a “Black power” salute as a protest during a victory ceremony in Mexico City.

In 1969, the federal government banned artificial sweeteners known as cyclamates because of evidence they caused cancer in laboratory rats.

In 1972, Congress passed the Clean Water Act, overriding President Richard Nixon’s veto.

In 1977, West German commandos stormed a hijacked Lufthansa jetliner on the ground in Mogadishu, Somalia, freeing all 86 hostages and killing three of the four hijackers.

In 1984, actor Jon-Erik Hexum, 26, was taken off life support six days after shooting himself in the head with a pistol loaded with a blank cartridge on the set of his TV show “Cover Up.”

In 2001, CBS News announced that an employee in anchorman Dan Rather’s office had tested positive for skin anthrax.

In 2010, four men snared in an FBI sting were convicted of plotting to blow up New York City synagogues and shoot down military planes with the help of a paid informant who’d convinced them he was a terror operative.

In 2012, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York ruled that a federal law defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman was unconstitutional. (The following June, the Supreme Court would use that case to strike down provisions keeping legally-married same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits that were otherwise available to married couples.)

In 2018, President Donald Trump threatened to close the U.S. border with Mexico if authorities could not stop a caravan of migrants making their way from Central America.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3