Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

This Ladc is very, good as I suspected. Now, what to smoke next.. maybe something from that island south of..
Evening Ken.  My old 68 Paddila was pretty damn good too.
I used to love those. have not had one in a while. Very mild, but good.
Oscuro wrapper ones are my preference which this one was.
I used to buy 68's, 32's and Miami's on the Jams for $3 long ago and hoarded them still having 25 or 30 of them.  2008, 2009 and 2010 editions.
That is cool , a good cigar than , a great cigar now ! .
Many will argue but some of my favorites
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »

Bbl off to bils house .
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2014, 08:09:44 PM »

Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2014, 08:19:17 PM »

Wow great game......so close.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »

This Ladc is very, good as I suspected. Now, what to smoke next.. maybe something from that island south of..
Evening Ken.  My old 68 Paddila was pretty damn good too.
I used to love those. have not had one in a while. Very mild, but good.
Oscuro wrapper ones are my preference which this one was.
I used to buy 68's, 32's and Miami's on the Jams for $3 long ago and hoarded them still having 25 or 30 of them.  2008, 2009 and 2010 editions.
That is cool , a good cigar than , a great cigar now ! .
Many will argue but some of my favorites
You won't hear me argue! The Padilla 1932 was, and is an all time favorite cigar. I wish I would have bought a thousand of them!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »

This Ladc is very, good as I suspected. Now, what to smoke next.. maybe something from that island south of..
Evening Ken.  My old 68 Paddila was pretty damn good too.
I used to love those. have not had one in a while. Very mild, but good.
Oscuro wrapper ones are my preference which this one was.
I used to buy 68's, 32's and Miami's on the Jams for $3 long ago and hoarded them still having 25 or 30 of them.  2008, 2009 and 2010 editions.
That is cool , a good cigar than , a great cigar now ! .
Many will argue but some of my favorites
You won't hear me argue! The Padilla 1932 was, and is an all time favorite cigar. I wish I would have bought a thousand of them!

The 8&11 and the short run at the Miami based Padilla factory?  Yes.  Once they moved to central America, consistency and construction went to shit.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

Cupido Criollo Churchill.  Don't have the exact date, but this is a 2011 or 2012 smoke.  Whenever I had my first round of boxes from CC.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »

La Antiguedad next! Very nice looking dark wrapper. Box pressed. No discernible smell on the nose, or taste on a pre-light draw. Very odd for Garcia. Lighting it up now.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2014, 09:17:23 PM »

La Antiguedad next! Very nice looking dark wrapper. Box pressed. No discernible smell on the nose, or taste on a pre-light draw. Very odd for Garcia. Lighting it up now.

That's another one I've had my eye on.  Early reviews are positive.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »

Cupido Criollo Churchill.  Don't have the exact date, but this is a 2011 or 2012 smoke.  Whenever I had my first round of boxes from CC.

This is a distinctive tasting smoke.  If I were to list the flavors, it wouldn't be far off from a large number of other Nic. puros.  Creamy coffee, nuts, white pepper, sharp cedar spice.  Some hints of dark fruit that remind me more of red wine than I usually get from cigars.  But it's balanced in such a way that it doesn't taste similar to a Pepin or AJ or Ernesto blended cigar and really, is fairly unique in the humidor.  Rich, roasted nuts/coffee flavors are in a some of the Don Kiki cigars I've smoked (and not in others), so maybe it's just a particular farm he uses.

Construction is typical Cuban Crafters.  Open draw, plenty of smoke, burn on the verge of being bad but then it manages to fix itself (and repeat).
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

Chatty bunch tonight.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2014, 10:01:53 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »

Chatty bunch tonight.
I have not bought from CC since they did not send back my "Perfect Cut" cutter that I sent back to them for replacement. I was formerly a great customer.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »

Chatty bunch tonight.
I have not bought from CC since they did not send back my "Perfect Cut" cutter that I sent back to them for replacement. I was formerly a great customer.

I didn't see that happening.  I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time due to lack of good sales.  They do 2 box discounts now, like 10%, as well as send a coupon code if you leave things in your cart for a day or so (another 5%, I think), so if something good did pop up, you could do even better.  But not sending back a cutter?  That's some bullshit.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/22/2014
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »

Wow! I hope this cigar gets some taste going. Maybe my taste buds are way off today--medicines, and all. First third not much for me. Donna showed up about the time I fired it up. Maybe she killed my taste buds!
thats a shame, I found it to be a Flor de las Antillas dipped in cocoa. You should have a few more new sticks to try tomorrow, I hope you enjoy one of them.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16