Fred Bumpus

« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

The stuff that I ordered yesterday from The King will be here tomorrow, The stuff I ordered from last weekends jam won't get here until Friday. SHEESH!

« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:17 AM »

Just hit some CC sales, 20-BRC A/T and 25-RASCC...cutting up credit card after this one, I SWEAR!
BRC Tubos are sold out...SHEESH!
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
Bands are like boxes, you can't smoke them, so who gives a fuck.

« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
Bands are like boxes, you can't smoke them, so who gives a fuck.
I use the bands for projects and will do something with the boxes I have...probably some man-cave wall art

« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
Bands are like boxes, you can't smoke them, so who gives a fuck.
Says the guy pissed about post counts... ;)

« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »

« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »

« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Maybe you were why he started signing them. Haha.
I'm sure I wasn't the only guy who mentioned it but it was more like "you have a great cigar here, put your friggin' name on it"
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »

Good point,  MR FAKE POST COUNT!

« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:35 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
That's fine, though I don't agree with it but if you're buying the cigar you have already identified it. When you're giving away singles at an event where guys are getting 80-100 cigars, make sure you have a label for your own good

« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »

Only Hoill's I've had were the original OSOKs made by Room 101.
For whatever reason, I have a dislike for premium cigars that can't manage a band.  Its not cool, it's lazy, and unless you buy and keep them by the box, it's hard to keep track in aging.  Even RoMa Craft Cromagnon/Intemperance now have nice simple labels.
Funny Dave, I smoked the Edgar Hoill at CF13 then went back to talk to him about the cigar. I told him "great cigar but why did you put out a new cigar and hand out singles with no band?" He didn't like that but I told him the people who didn't smoke it here will never know what the hell it was
Some manufacturers seem to think it is cool or rustic or trendy.
Bands are like boxes, you can't smoke them, so who gives a fuck.
Obviously I do.

« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »

[...]
Or at least a little baggie to put it in with a label behind it, like a lot of the 1-cigar samples from companies.

« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »

Here you go, this is for your post count-related tears. Feel free to share it with Fred Bob.

I just tea-bagged your bucket!
I sat here for a couple minutes trying to come up with a response to that, but I got nothing.
+1   -   I pondered something related to why Scott chose pink but in the end, I had nothing.
Alrighty then! And pink's the obvious choice, fleshtone would've been creepy :-)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.

« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »

Mmmm, Edgar Hoills.  I really like those.  Morning, all.
Morning JoeWs