Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2022, 01:08:44 PM »

Wife has been dispatched to pick up the youngest from school. Apparently, some jackass kid thought it would be a super funny prank to set off some sort of pepper spray device in a trash can, and she's still feeling the effects from it. Fuckin' sheesh.

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2022, 01:57:50 PM »

Irish Car Bomb?  Really?  Do these guys sit in some back room with Caldwell, get stoned and try to think up the most stupid names for cigars?

https://store.cigarfederation.com/
I'm betting they named it after the cocktail.
Most likely.
A souped up version of a good old boilermaker.

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2022, 02:01:56 PM »

Irish Car Bomb?  Really?  Do these guys sit in some back room with Caldwell, get stoned and try to think up the most stupid names for cigars?

https://store.cigarfederation.com/
I'm betting they named it after the cocktail.
Most likely.
A souped up version of a good old boilermaker.
Except that you have to drink it quick before the Baileys curdles.  Then it is unpleasant.

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »

Wife has been dispatched to pick up the youngest from school. Apparently, some jackass kid thought it would be a super funny prank to set off some sort of pepper spray device in a trash can, and she's still feeling the effects from it. Fuckin' sheesh.
What do we call it when we herd people with awful judgement and a compunction for establishing a pecking order together into institutional buildings? Jail. And school.

And the difference between what occurs in jails and schools is a matter only of scale and intensity...and even that is progressively narrowing.

The American public education system is flawed all the way down to its philosophical foundation.

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2022, 02:14:51 PM »

Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 11
Only four for me. But Ali MacGraw being 83 shocked the heck out of me.

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2022, 02:16:25 PM »

Wife has been dispatched to pick up the youngest from school. Apparently, some jackass kid thought it would be a super funny prank to set off some sort of pepper spray device in a trash can, and she's still feeling the effects from it. Fuckin' sheesh.
What do we call it when we herd people with awful judgement and a compunction for establishing a pecking order together into institutional buildings? Jail. And school.

And the difference between what occurs in jails and schools is a matter only of scale and intensity...and even that is progressively narrowing.

The American public education system is flawed all the way down to its philosophical foundation.
The school she's in has really gone down hill this year. They got a new absolute jackass principal and it's gone to shit. He's the kind of guy who views women's rights as "trouble ahead".

I'll be feeling much better in June when she's done with that building and gets to move to the one her sisters are at.

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2022, 02:17:16 PM »

[...]

Also, I agree about the system being seriously flawed. I do not envy my teacher friends, summers off or not.

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2022, 02:17:37 PM »

Anyhoo, it's about that time now. Hazzuh!

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2022, 02:18:19 PM »

[...]

Is she ok?

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »

Anyhoo, it's about that time now. Hazzuh!
Have a nice weekend.

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2022, 02:28:20 PM »

Discovered a new country today....
Well, a really old country, but new to me.
How did I miss this one?

Eritrea

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2022, 02:30:04 PM »

[...]

Different principal at the different building?

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2022, 03:16:04 PM »

[...]

Yes, thankfully.

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2022, 03:16:52 PM »

[...]

She's fine now. But it was still in her eyes and making it hard for her to see when they called.

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2022, 03:17:10 PM »

Discovered a new country today....
Well, a really old country, but new to me.
How did I miss this one?

Eritrea
Sounds fake to me.
Logged