Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »

It may as well be Monday. They just announced a bus broke down ahead of us in the "express" lane.
Man, I don't miss the commute even a little.
I'm actually not minding it but I'm certain it will grow old before too long.
There's probably a bit of nostalgia tied up in there, to the before-times. But yes, I suspect that shine will wear off quickly.
It is a bit windy but not as cold as I was expecting. May be having one of my new cigars on the commute home today.
What new ones?
Did you revitalize your humidor on your last trip in?
I'll be smoking the newly acquired Maceda robusto from Tabanero Cigars.

My cigars at the office look ok but I need to get 'em home today and introduce them to some humidity. Don't want to shock them so will do it slowly.
So far, so good. Mild but pleasant. I think they go for $11 apiece and I'm not sure I can say it's that good.

Retrohale has some nice vanilla and creamy notes. Mild pepper too.

It's tauted to be mild but I'm finding it to have a lot of body... Like me! I thought the sampler was made up of different sizes of the same cigar and now I'm more excited that they are all a bit different. I'll keep you posted.

It was a little heavy in the chest to be considered a mild cigar, IMHFO. I'd smoke it again though.

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

Basketball tournaments rolling.

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2022, 05:24:18 PM »

Basketball tournaments rolling.
Is that an Armada?

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2022, 05:26:34 PM »

Basketball tournaments rolling.
I was going to try to get in touch with Rick from Spokane (forget his moniker). He always had an interesting NCAA pool.

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2022, 05:57:33 PM »

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2022, 08:24:24 PM »

Rainy night in Georgia...well South Carolina too...

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2022, 08:25:50 PM »

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2022, 08:38:06 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. Good night's sleep?
No. Was up most of the night. Grabbed a few winks between 6 and 7:45.
Sheesh. Sorry to hear it.
Had a lot on my mind. It's okay, I'm probably taking the afternoon off, anyway.
Need to start adding cigars to your relaxation regimen.
That might be the key.
Possibly. My consumption has dropped off since I "closed" my cigar lounge owing to conflict at the height of the pandemic with the friends who most often frequented it.
This COVID really did a number on us.
Me too.  Major increase!

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2022, 08:39:54 PM »

More CI stores coming in the next few years:

https://halfwheel.com/cigars-international-plans-6-8-more-stores-by-2025-doubling-retail-footprint/405777/?fbclid=IwAR04GEbSFeKPuLY1m-dujk1tK9eDWR0IAftibYlP7A7qU2W53aAeWj3VGyU
Interesting. I wonder if they will just keep getting bigger and bigger?
Next one will be #3 in Texas.  Wonder if they will venture out of the three cigar friendly states of Texas, Florida and PA?  Maybe they'll put one near Dean.
Dean isn't interested in CI.
I know, but he may be tempted by a lounge.

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2022, 08:56:21 PM »

More CI stores coming in the next few years:

https://halfwheel.com/cigars-international-plans-6-8-more-stores-by-2025-doubling-retail-footprint/405777/?fbclid=IwAR04GEbSFeKPuLY1m-dujk1tK9eDWR0IAftibYlP7A7qU2W53aAeWj3VGyU
Interesting. I wonder if they will just keep getting bigger and bigger?
Next one will be #3 in Texas.  Wonder if they will venture out of the three cigar friendly states of Texas, Florida and PA?  Maybe they'll put one near Dean.
Dean isn't interested in CI.
I know, but he may be tempted by a lounge.
We'll see.

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2022, 08:58:45 PM »

Basketball tournaments rolling.
Is that an Armada?
Looks like an MoWPAM to me.
Close, MOWPA.
Figured it was one of those 2. Nearly impossible to tell the difference if they're not side by side.

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2022, 08:59:57 PM »

[...]

A few hours later and I'm still enjoying the finish on this cigar. It's not at all overwhelming. I'm about to have dinner though and then I'm sure it will be gone.

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2022, 09:05:52 PM »

[...]

Sounds like a definite winner.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]