« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
Phew, thought we were gonna have to send you to Oy's for a week to straighten you out!

« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.
I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?
Not that interesting a story.  Back in the late 80's I dated a girl who was best friends with Linda Ronstadt's niece.  We went to some benefit event, Reg was also there, and he was being a dick.  Not to me, I was just an observer at a distance.  This was when he was still recovering from throat surgery, so I suppose that could bring out the dick in any singer.  So...yeah, just that I got the distinct pleasure of seeing Elton John fifteen feet away being a dick.

But I do like his early work, especially "Madman Across the Water", where Tiny Bastige Dancer comes from.
Acting like a dick can be a real turnoff.  That's why I'm never acting.  I'm the real deal.

« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.
I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?
Not that interesting a story.  Back in the late 80's I dated a girl who was best friends with Linda Ronstadt's niece.  We went to some benefit event, Reg was also there, and he was being a dick.  Not to me, I was just an observer at a distance.  This was when he was still recovering from throat surgery, so I suppose that could bring out the dick in any singer.  So...yeah, just that I got the distinct pleasure of seeing Elton John fifteen feet away being a dick.

But I do like his early work, especially "Madman Across the Water", where Tiny Bastige Dancer comes from.
Acting like a dick can be a real turnoff.  That's why I'm never acting.  I'm the real deal.
I let my dick do the acting!

« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
Phew, thought we were gonna have to send you to Oy's for a week to straighten you out!

FYI - http://halfwheel.com/2014-new-cigars

« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2014, 03:28:51 PM »

[...]

So just small roles then?

« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »

[...]

He wishes the camera would add 10lbs in that region...

« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
Phew, thought we were gonna have to send you to Oy's for a week to straighten you out!
Damn...talk about tough love....or is that scared straight....

« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »

Think its time to call it a day.  Have a good one gents, check in later.

« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
Phew, thought we were gonna have to send you to Oy's for a week to straighten you out!
Damn...talk about tough love....or is that scared straight....
Little bit of both :)

« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »

Think its time to call it a day.  Have a good one gents, check in later.
See ya bud, have a good night!

« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »

Think its time to call it a day.  Have a good one gents, check in later.
Have a great evening, Dave.

« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

Yeah, the Nica Rustica would probably be a candidate for "wow", but the Tat Black very much eclipses it.  That cigar wowed me on several levels.

« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »

Yeah, the Nica Rustica would probably be a candidate for "wow", but the Tat Black very much eclipses it.  That cigar wowed me on several levels.
I have smoked 5 or 6 and have loved every one of them...can't wait to smoke 50+ more!

« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »

« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »

What is that, Shaun? I'm not seeing the image come up.  Are you trying to crash the site?