Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 08:42:47 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Very interesting. Didn't realize they put them up and then moved them into a higher orbit. I just assumed they placed them where they needed to be.
New one on me as well.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/space-starlink-satellites-launch-rocket-landing-success-april-2020.html
Interesting new word picked up from that article...."deorbit"
be prepared to see more 'flying saucers' in the future:
Musk has also said that at least 400 Starlink craft are needed before SpaceX can begin to roll out minimal internet coverage, and the company requires at least 800 satellites to provide moderate coverage. That service could start later this year.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 08:47:48 AM »

Got another bike ride in yesterday. Closer to my normal times. 6 min/mi

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 08:48:09 AM »

Morning Dean

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 08:49:53 AM »

Got another bike ride in yesterday. Closer to my normal times. 6 min/mi
Sounds like a much better speed for your face.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »

Got another bike ride in yesterday. Closer to my normal times. 6 min/mi
Sounds like a much better speed for your face.
He said to himself.

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »

Good morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and ChefTony.  Storms blew through here in the early morning hours and dropped an inch of rain the temps about 20 degs.

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »

Anything interesting in store for today or will it be more of the same?
Well, I have some leftover Chinese for lunch, so that'll likely be the highlight of my day. Lol
That sounds very good actually. Not sure what I'll be preparing. I'm spoiling the shit out of these kids, I'll tell you that.
Hot open faced turkey sandwiches slathered in gravy. That's what we'll be having today, just in case you were keeping score at home.
Not keeping score, but definitely cleaning up some drool off my keyboard.
As long as it's just drool.

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Here is the SpaceX tracker if you might want to share my hallucinations:

https://findstarlink.com/?fbclid=IwAR0USUJKDAx8Y2N0xYDdfAWTCyWXJA_ec1m0GIOznCH-UWZIAFc9dJSbkg8
That was very interesting.
Would be awesome to witness a rocket launch.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Here is the SpaceX tracker if you might want to share my hallucinations:

https://findstarlink.com/?fbclid=IwAR0USUJKDAx8Y2N0xYDdfAWTCyWXJA_ec1m0GIOznCH-UWZIAFc9dJSbkg8
That was very interesting.
Would be awesome to witness a rocket launch.
The first time we went with the kids to Disney in 2012, we stayed in Cocoa Beach. The first night we were there, there was a rocket launch we could see. It was amazing.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Here is the SpaceX tracker if you might want to share my hallucinations:

https://findstarlink.com/?fbclid=IwAR0USUJKDAx8Y2N0xYDdfAWTCyWXJA_ec1m0GIOznCH-UWZIAFc9dJSbkg8
That was very interesting.
Would be awesome to witness a rocket launch.
I saw one a few years ago about a mile away. pretty amazing.

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »

morning Mark.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Here is the SpaceX tracker if you might want to share my hallucinations:

https://findstarlink.com/?fbclid=IwAR0USUJKDAx8Y2N0xYDdfAWTCyWXJA_ec1m0GIOznCH-UWZIAFc9dJSbkg8
That was very interesting.
Would be awesome to witness a rocket launch.
I saw one a few years ago about a mile away. pretty amazing.
The sound must be like nothing else.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:27 AM »

[...]

I was at Cape Canaveral when I was a kid/early teens on a shuttle launch day. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to weather, if memory serves me right.

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »

Thought I had finally lost it last night...
Was over a neighbors enjoying a cigar and some beverages from a safe social distance and happened to look up in the sky.  In front of me was the Big Dipper and I thought I saw one of it's stars moving.  Looked a bit more closely and a bunch of stars were moving...and they were moving in a straight line, like a train.  WTF was this?  A UFO parade?
Thank God for the Interwebz….
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Spot-the-line-of-lights-in-the-night-sky-Youre-not-alone-570015391.html
Here is the SpaceX tracker if you might want to share my hallucinations:

https://findstarlink.com/?fbclid=IwAR0USUJKDAx8Y2N0xYDdfAWTCyWXJA_ec1m0GIOznCH-UWZIAFc9dJSbkg8
That was very interesting.
Would be awesome to witness a rocket launch.
I was fortunate enough to launch one last night.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »

[...]

That was what actually surprised me the most. Even from several miles away, how loud it was.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6