« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »

Later, Deano.  Howdy, Joe.

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
How's school treating ya?  I'm seriously considering going back (again).
Dr. Tony?
Actually looking at the crazy tuition reimbursement policy now.

Would be nice if I could've gotten any of that from my current employer but it'd be quite obvious that I'd leave as soon as I got a job after graduating.  Gotta keep the whole thing on the down-low at work.  Just adds to the stress of it all, haha.  Whatever... all be over in a year or so.  Not much time at all in the grand scheme of things, only makes me wish I would've done it a few years ago instead.
Better late then never!

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

20 CI Legends by Drew Estates [Copper] Toro
         10/32.50
19 Legado de Pepin Robusto
         10/34.50
18 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
17 Perdomo Reserve 10 Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
16 La Aroma de Cuba Toro
          5/24.00
15 Joya de Nicaragua Dream Team Sampler
         12/37.50
14 H. Upmann Media Noche
          5/22.50
13 Graycliff Turbo Ed. Limitada
         10/32.50
12 Asylum Toro
         10/29.99
11 Sosa Classic Natural Wavell Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Obsidian Robusto
         10/24.99
 9 Diesel Delirium Gordo
          5/34.50
 8 Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited Red Eye
         10/39.99
 7 My Father Robusto
          5/32.50
 6 Oliva Serie 'G' Toro
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Classic Robusto
          5/27.50
 4 Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona
         10/34.99
 3 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
 2 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
         10/29.99
 1 MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend Toro
          5/25.00

« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »

22 Shuriken Cutter  Black
           1/15.00
21 Romeo y Julieta 1875 Robusto
         10/37.50
[...]

« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »

Fucking Yankees.  AmIright?

« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2014, 02:34:27 PM »

s of Aug. 1, the retail and distribution operation is now at least four separate companies, a move that is expected to leverage some tax benefits, while also bringing the retailer closer to how its biggest competitor, JR Cigars/Santa Clara, is run. Products will now be purchased by Meier & Dutch, which in turn will sell the cigars and other items to its end consumer operations which include physical retail operations in Pennsylvania, four different online storefronts and a physical mail-in catalog.

“The long-rumored CI superstore project for Texas has been put on hold (until the) second half of 2015 once the offering is complete,” said a high-ranking official at another cigar manufacturer. The restructuring of the company’s business is said to create a situation in which Cigars International would be able to open up business in other states without putting its nexus in Pennsylvania, a state without a cigar tax, in jeopardy.

Despite the restructuring of Cigars International and the public offering of the larger ST Group, a sale of Cigars International is highly unlikely.

Movin' and shakin' at Scandinavian Tobacco Group/General Cigar.
http://halfwheel.com/parent-general-cigar-co-going-public-swedish-match-divests-ownership-stake/68444

« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »

Fucking Yankees.  AmIright?
You are always right Sir Antnee.    (the little lady doesn't get a vote here)

« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »

[...]

That would fuk me and the others in TX because we would have to start paying sales tax so fuk them if they open here.  TX does have a very low cigar tax but average 8.75% sales tax.

« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2014, 02:40:29 PM »

23 Rocky Patel Royal Vintage Robusto
          10/34.99
[...]
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »

[...]

With all the proposed anti-tobacco legislation these days, seems like investing in a 'cigar company' is as good a way to lose your money as there is, if you're in to that sort of thing.  One of those things where I'd like to keep it strictly a hobby - buy, smoke, and enjoy good cigars and that's it.  I don't want to ever own a cigar shop or work at one.  I don't want to invest in cigar companies.  If anything, I see this move as a way to make some BIG money now, before any regulation slams them hard.

« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

[...]

+1   Go Public, Senior Management steals all the money, file bankruptcy then blame it on the government is the general method of operation.

« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »

[...]

Very interesting.

« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »

[...]

SteveR, movin' on up...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »

Well, I'm outta here.  Need to make a brewery stop on the way home to finish up ol' Tim Gervasio's trade package.  See you all again on Tuesday, most likely.

« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »

Well, I'm outta here.  Need to make a brewery stop on the way home to finish up ol' Tim Gervasio's trade package.  See you all again on Tuesday, most likely.
Have a good one JWacky....I'll let you know how the Toasted Coconut Stout is.

« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »

Dusty ever show up today?