CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: 8/21/2014  (Read 26364 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 8/21/2014
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »

I wonder what Scott's drinking right now?

Ah, forgot he was on vacation this week.  I liked his plan of everyone chipping in in advance for all the booze.  Didn't like the unique drink recipe each day since that'd require effort.  Liked that the 'bid' on the leftover booze to bring back home.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »

Later, Deano.  Howdy, Joe.

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
How's school treating ya?  I'm seriously considering going back (again).
Dr. Tony?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »

cigar #3, Partagas Cifuentes y Cia toro. thank you dd.
Damn, Deano.  You're smoking like cigars are going out of style.
heading for the nut house soon until 8pm, gotta get my fix in.
Nutless after today??

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »

Nice offerings for AJF fans on CI for the week.  Wish they would have thrown in some New Worlds.

I'm definitely considering a bundle purchase from Atlantic.  Maybe a split with ol' Dan.
Joe, what's the price with VIP ?

I only have a 'direct' account now and not VIP, but my discounts are showing anywhere from $20-$25 off the regular price.  Bundle of 21 robustos are $77.95.
That a good price.
$28 bucks off the CI price, $42 off of MSRP

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

Ah, forgot he was on vacation this week.  I liked his plan of everyone chipping in in advance for all the booze.  Didn't like the unique drink recipe each day since that'd require effort.  Liked that the 'bid' on the leftover booze to bring back home.
The whole thing sounds like fun to me.  But I'll settle for a couple of brews on the couch watching tv with the Mrs after the kiddies go to bed.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
Dr. Tony?
Actually looking at the crazy tuition reimbursement policy now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »

A little complicated, but otherwise you are always at the mercy of a couple of moochers.  Cooking is the same thing...unless you assign cooking days, the same people do all the work and the same one sit around drinking and complaining about when dinner will be ready.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »

The whole thing sounds like fun to me.  But I'll settle for a couple of brews on the couch watching tv with the Mrs after the kiddies go to bed.
Never been big on the big family or big group vacation.  One or two people always get stuck with the bulk of the logistics, give up much of their vacation and get nothing but complaining in return from all the armchair QB's...

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »

Never been big on the big family or big group vacation.  One or two people always get stuck with the bulk of the logistics, give up much of their vacation and get nothing but complaining in return from all the armchair QB's...
+1

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »

I guess you could always just quit the family.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
Dr. Tony?

Would be nice if I could've gotten any of that from my current employer but it'd be quite obvious that I'd leave as soon as I got a job after graduating.  Gotta keep the whole thing on the down-low at work.  Just adds to the stress of it all, haha.  Whatever... all be over in a year or so.  Not much time at all in the grand scheme of things, only makes me wish I would've done it a few years ago instead.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »

19 Legado de Pepin Robusto
         10/34.50
18 Rocky Patel Burn Toro
          5/18.50
17 Perdomo Reserve 10 Anniversary Maduro Robusto
         10/37.50
16 La Aroma de Cuba Toro
          5/24.00
15 Joya de Nicaragua Dream Team Sampler
         12/37.50
14 H. Upmann Media Noche
          5/22.50
13 Graycliff Turbo Ed. Limitada
         10/32.50
12 Asylum Toro
         10/29.99
11 Sosa Classic Natural Wavell Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Obsidian Robusto
         10/24.99
 9 Diesel Delirium Gordo
          5/34.50
 8 Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited Red Eye
         10/39.99
 7 My Father Robusto
          5/32.50
 6 Oliva Serie 'G' Toro
         10/32.50
 5 Montecristo Classic Robusto
          5/27.50
 4 Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona
         10/34.99
 3 Brick House Robusto
          5/24.10
 2 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
         10/29.99
 1 MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend Toro
          5/25.00

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »

I guess you could always just quit the family.
Luckily a very small and not particularly tight family.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
Dr. Tony?

Would be nice if I could've gotten any of that from my current employer but it'd be quite obvious that I'd leave as soon as I got a job after graduating.  Gotta keep the whole thing on the down-low at work.  Just adds to the stress of it all, haha.  Whatever... all be over in a year or so.  Not much time at all in the grand scheme of things, only makes me wish I would've done it a few years ago instead.
I hear ya.  It's very political around here.  My colleague just finished his MBA and the company wouldn't pay for it because our previous manager (one of the many) is a dick and wouldn't approve it.  Other managers would have had no problem doing so.  As far as, "I should have done this years ago", I have to stop thinking that way.  We can only control what goes on going forward.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
Dr. Tony?

I hear ya.  It's very political around here.  My colleague just finished his MBA and the company wouldn't pay for it because our previous manager (one of the many) is a dick and wouldn't approve it.  Other managers would have had no problem doing so.  As far as, "I should have done this years ago", I have to stop thinking that way.  We can only control what goes on going forward.

True.. and deep, haha.  My point being, don't wait another 3-4 years and still want to go back.  Just do it. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18