CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: 8/21/2014  (Read 26368 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/21/2014
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2014, 11:49:45 AM »

Hit 'em straight, Shaun.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »

Hope everyone is happy we have finally driven the banter to Cigars! ;D
sorry, let's get back to peanut butter/jelly/coconut/raspberry beer.
Got a personal invite back to Karl Strauss for Cask Tapping tonight....Toasted Coconut Wreck Alley Imperial Stout....I'll be there!

Friend of mine is very excited about that!!  They also have a chocolate PB porter but I don't like it as much as any of the others I've had.
I was surprised to find that they've never offered a Pumpkin beer.

I wasn't as in to the craft beer scene last fall (or summer, for that matter) to know who did and didn't put out seasonal offerings like that, but I gotta think that people will experiment this time around since it's absolutely exploded recently. Stone's been cranking out the one-offs recently.  Ballast Point experiments quite a bit.  My only 'beef' with BP these days is that all their limited, experimental type stuff is usually only served by the glass at the brewery.  Stone will at least fill growlers with their random stuff.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »

Nice offerings for AJF fans on CI for the week.  Wish they would have thrown in some New Worlds.

I'm definitely considering a bundle purchase from Atlantic.  Maybe a split with ol' Dan. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:03 PM »

cigar #3, Partagas Cifuentes y Cia toro. thank you dd.
Damn, Deano.  You're smoking like cigars are going out of style.
heading for the nut house soon until 8pm, gotta get my fix in.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »

Later, Deano.  Howdy, Joe.

dogdays

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »

Nice offerings for AJF fans on CI for the week.  Wish they would have thrown in some New Worlds.

I'm definitely considering a bundle purchase from Atlantic.  Maybe a split with ol' Dan.
Joe, what's the price with VIP ?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »

I only have a 'direct' account now and not VIP, but my discounts are showing anywhere from $20-$25 off the regular price.  Bundle of 21 robustos are $77.95.

dogdays

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »

I only have a 'direct' account now and not VIP, but my discounts are showing anywhere from $20-$25 off the regular price.  Bundle of 21 robustos are $77.95.
That a good price. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.
How's school treating ya?  I'm seriously considering going back (again).

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.

It's going well, I'm enjoying it despite the massive time suck it's become.  And since there's a specific goal with it it's much easier to WANT to spend the time on it, as opposed to the bullshit undergrad stuff where I just wanted to get it done with minimal effort.  I'm most amazed at how 'respected' a master's degree has become, whereas the undergrad degree is just assumed. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.

It's going well, I'm enjoying it despite the massive time suck it's become.  And since there's a specific goal with it it's much easier to WANT to spend the time on it, as opposed to the bullshit undergrad stuff where I just wanted to get it done with minimal effort.  I'm most amazed at how 'respected' a master's degree has become, whereas the undergrad degree is just assumed.
What's more amazing is how we can find the time for it if we try hard enough.  If I could just get my current company to foot the bill for it, I think the deal would be sealed.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.

What's more amazing is how we can find the time for it if we try hard enough.  If I could just get my current company to foot the bill for it, I think the deal would be sealed.

That, too.  Lots of late nights for me these past few months but it's been worth it and it's very rewarding.  It's been a little tough since it's a total career/field change but I'm enjoying it.  Had the first day of the internship yesterday and even the attitude toward the finance people was funny.  On one hand, "we" are a necessary evil.  On the other, be nice to us since it's our decisions that can make your life miserable.  Looking forward to doing some 'real world' work in the field... unless all gov't jobs are just trainings and lunch breaks.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »

Morning/afternoon, Tony.

That, too.  Lots of late nights for me these past few months but it's been worth it and it's very rewarding.  It's been a little tough since it's a total career/field change but I'm enjoying it.  Had the first day of the internship yesterday and even the attitude toward the finance people was funny.  On one hand, "we" are a necessary evil.  On the other, be nice to us since it's our decisions that can make your life miserable.  Looking forward to doing some 'real world' work in the field... unless all gov't jobs are just trainings and lunch breaks.
Pretty much.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »

I wonder what Scott's drinking right now?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18