CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: 8/20/2014  (Read 30821 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/20/2014
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2014, 02:57:21 PM »

FYI - http://craftshack.com/collections/frontpage/products/ballast-point-grapefruit-sculpin-ipa $3/bottle
Grapefruit flavored beer....  I'm not so sure I would like that...?  But on the other hand, I said the same for Banana Bread Beer, and was pretty darn good...!
As with all these beers, just because the product is used in the mash doesn't mean the beer will taste overwhelmingly like the addition.  It just adds a citrus sweet note to the profile.
So the peanut butter stouts you guys love don't taste like JIF spiked with vodka? ;)
At least you said JIF and not Skippy or Peter Pan...JIF is the ONLY Peanut Butter as far as I am concerned!
been enjoy boxcar beers mango ginger of late. I had two pints of a raspberry wheat beer at Iron city brewpub on Sunday.
Apricot Wheat is always a favorite of mine but that sounds really good too!
Careful guys...you may be labeled by the beer police as an enjoyer of the unmanly beverage...
Ohh sorry, Coors light for me please!
Longneck Shiner for Me Mother Futcher
Now there's a solid!.....forget that foreign Coors beer....got to be "Merican!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

FYI - http://craftshack.com/collections/frontpage/products/ballast-point-grapefruit-sculpin-ipa $3/bottle
Grapefruit flavored beer....  I'm not so sure I would like that...?  But on the other hand, I said the same for Banana Bread Beer, and was pretty darn good...!
As with all these beers, just because the product is used in the mash doesn't mean the beer will taste overwhelmingly like the addition.  It just adds a citrus sweet note to the profile.
So the peanut butter stouts you guys love don't taste like JIF spiked with vodka? ;)
At least you said JIF and not Skippy or Peter Pan...JIF is the ONLY Peanut Butter as far as I am concerned!
been enjoy boxcar beers mango ginger of late. I had two pints of a raspberry wheat beer at Iron city brewpub on Sunday.
Careful guys...you may be labeled by the beer police as an enjoyer of the unmanly beverage...
And none of that sissy light chit either.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »

Apparently a SOTL dropped in at the banter....wonder if it's just FB in a dress?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »

And none of that sissy light chit either.
Shameful state of affairs when Coors, Miller and Bud are all foreign owned.  Seems only the fru-fru brewers are still American.  So we're patriots after all.

dwgbryant

« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »

party was nice. package of snacks for the trip, and toiletries. what every man needs.
No Condoms or do those fall in with the toiletries? 
no condoms, but there are thousands in Addictions free for the taking. stocked up at the split though so I'm all set.
no cigars either.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »

Fuckin Shiner, so god damned good!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »

Yep!  Do they sell it up there?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »

They started about 4 years ago, and it's caught on really well.  I used to always have it when we would go south(lot of family in OK and TX) and would hate that we didn't have it up north...but now it's a commonly stocked beer, more so than even Blue Moon is.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »

They started about 4 years ago, and it's caught on really well.  I used to always have it when we would go south(lot of family in OK and TX) and would hate that we didn't have it up north...but now it's a commonly stocked beer, more so than even Blue Moon is.
Yeah I think they distribute the Boch most everywhere now but they have some seasonal stuff that is really great but limited distribution.  The Spring Seasonal FM 966 Farmhouse Ale is one of my favorite beers.   Wild Hare is very good too.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »

Yeah I think they distribute the Boch most everywhere now but they have some seasonal stuff that is really great but limited distribution.  The Spring Seasonal FM 966 Farmhouse Ale is one of my favorite beers.   Wild Hare is very good too.
We get the seasonal samplers and a few extras...Cheer is one of my all time favorite beers

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2014, 04:13:41 PM »

OK girls and others think I will go home and hit the pool with a drink to the left of me and a cigar to the right.  Thick cut pork chop with some asparagus on the grill for dinner tonight. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »

What's with the beer talk?  Do I need to change the name to beerbanter.com?

dwgbryant

« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »

pouring rain here. no burgers cooked outside. in the shed with an AJ Overrun.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »

How bout Cigar, beer and useless b.s. banter?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2014, 04:18:37 PM »

How bout Cigar, beer and useless b.s. banter?
With a minor in pipe discussions
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18