CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: 8/20/2014  (Read 30828 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 8/20/2014
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2014, 12:24:28 PM »

FYI - http://craftshack.com/collections/frontpage/products/ballast-point-grapefruit-sculpin-ipa $3/bottle
Grapefruit flavored beer....  I'm not so sure I would like that...?  But on the other hand, I said the same for Banana Bread Beer, and was pretty darn good...!
As with all these beers, just because the product is used in the mash doesn't mean the beer will taste overwhelmingly like the addition.  It just adds a citrus sweet note to the profile.
So the peanut butter stouts you guys love don't taste like JIF spiked with vodka? ;)
At least you said JIF and not Skippy or Peter Pan...JIF is the ONLY Peanut Butter as far as I am concerned!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

My wife stopped at the convenience store and purchased something for $11.11.  She gave the girl $11.00 plus a quarter and a penny.  The girl looked at the twenty six cents, and then called a supervisor over to help her with the transaction.  The girl apologized to my wife by saying, "I'm sorry, I majored in English, not mathematics...!"
WOW...and she also graduated and works at a convenience store...that's your other hint ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

Good morning Guy's , has any one tried the .Saint Luis Rey - Regios
Today?
LOL, any time and if so what did you think of them .
(Edit)
One of my favorite Cubans (that includes the wife).  Creamy and nutty flavors.  Love it after a meal.  More full bodied than it initially lets on, especially at the nub.
Creamy nutty flavors....more full bodied than it initially lets on........the cigar or the wife?
Well the full-bodied definitely applies to both.  The flavors, not so much.
LMAO!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »

FYI - http://craftshack.com/collections/frontpage/products/ballast-point-grapefruit-sculpin-ipa $3/bottle
Grapefruit flavored beer....  I'm not so sure I would like that...?  But on the other hand, I said the same for Banana Bread Beer, and was pretty darn good...!
As with all these beers, just because the product is used in the mash doesn't mean the beer will taste overwhelmingly like the addition.  It just adds a citrus sweet note to the profile.
So the peanut butter stouts you guys love don't taste like JIF spiked with vodka? ;)
Not quite, no....just don't tell FB and the real beer BOTLs.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »

I really want to try that beer...wish we got it locally!
I have not tried it but do believe I have seen it at the supply house here.  Have to check and give it a try if there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

Early day done, hazzuh!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »

My wife stopped at the convenience store and purchased something for $11.11.  She gave the girl $11.00 plus a quarter and a penny.  The girl looked at the twenty six cents, and then called a supervisor over to help her with the transaction.  The girl apologized to my wife by saying, "I'm sorry, I majored in English, not mathematics...!"
WOW...and she also graduated and works at a convenience store...that's your other hint ;)
Not necessarily these days, plenty of good graduates working at convenience store checkouts and other places where college graduates are not usually found.  If you have not tested it the job market sux in most areas for young graduates.  Now in her case obviously she also does not know that with an english degree you get 6-9 hours of math too, not to speak of the math in elementary school that should cover that complex equation she was dealing with.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »

Lunching at my desk two days in a row, that might be a first.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »

Good morning Guy's , has any one tried the .Saint Luis Rey - Regios
Today?
LOL, any time and if so what did you think of them .
(Edit)
One of my favorite Cubans (that includes the wife).  Creamy and nutty flavors.  Love it after a meal.  More full bodied than it initially lets on, especially at the nub.
Creamy nutty flavors....more full bodied than it initially lets on........the cigar or the wife?
Well the full-bodied definitely applies to both.  The flavors, not so much.
LMAO!
Damn, that's funny...!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »

Early day done, hazzuh!
Sounds good Dave.  Have a good one!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »

In trying to say some thing nice to my wife I said, "oh, the drug store tobacco you bought for me was rather nice.."  This morning I woke up to find another half pound of it on the kitchen table.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »

In trying to say some thing nice to my wife I said, "oh, the drug store tobacco you bought for me was rather nice.."  This morning I woke up to find another half pound of it on the kitchen table.
Thank Her with some nice designer brand french perfume from Ebay.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:17 PM »

Not necessarily these days, plenty of good graduates working at convenience store checkouts and other places where college graduates are not usually found.  If you have not tested it the job market sux in most areas for young graduates.  Now in her case obviously she also does not know that with an english degree you get 6-9 hours of math too, not to speak of the math in elementary school that should cover that complex equation she was dealing with.
I am with you, the job market is still a POS.  I am in an area that's considered 'back to normal' and growing but it's still shitty.  Lot of competition..but like you said, the first mistake was an English major. 
Do Chinese students major in Chinese?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »

I am with you, the job market is still a POS.  I am in an area that's considered 'back to normal' and growing but it's still shitty.  Lot of competition..but like you said, the first mistake was an English major. 
Do Chinese students major in Chinese?
Austin is a strong job market with one of the lowest major city unemployment rates in the country - sounds great but outside of the computer industry most of the jobs are service industry, restaurant, construction labor and retail clerk type positions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18