« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
I watched the whole series.  IMHO, I would have to have complete, undisputed evidence (beyond a shadow of a doubt,) in order to vote guilty.  Almost everything about the case was screwed up. Nothing made sense.  I've only sat on one jury, and it was not about finding the truth.  It was about the DA winning at any cost, and the defense attorney doing any thing he could to persuade the jury. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but I feel this is the first attempt to allow the public know how corrupt our court system is.  Rich people get off, and poor people feed the money making prison system.
We overuse the word corruption. It's corruption when the judge or the prosecution gets bribed. What you describe is the inherent flaw in a capitalist democratic republic: you get what you pay for. If you have more money, you can hire a better lawyer, and a better lawyer is your only defense against a venal prosecutor.
Agree completely Raz.  Of course the DA wants to prosecute (win) and the defense lawyer wants to get their client off (at all costs).  In most cases, the onus is on the prosecutor for proof, and because of that plenty of "guilty" parties get off scott free.

This was a "documentary" with a bias (as many are).  They are able to edit and selectively omit facts, statements and issues that don't fit neatly into their story.  While not as grossly biased as a Michael Moore "documentary", this is no more a realistic presentation of facts as Fox News "Fair & Balanced"....not that CNN or MSNBC are much better.

« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???  Where do they take place?

« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2016, 11:47:25 AM »

Good morning, gents. Still employed here but it's been a tortuous week. About a quarter of my team was notified that they would be laid off. We were one of the least affected teams. I think I'm safe for now until April.
You dodged the bullet again.  Are congratulations due?  At least you can plan on a few more paychecks.  Morning Antnee.
Howdy, Mikey. It's hard to celebrate when a large number of your colleagues are walking around pretty depressed but I appreciate the sentiment.

« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
I watched the whole series.  IMHO, I would have to have complete, undisputed evidence (beyond a shadow of a doubt,) in order to vote guilty.  Almost everything about the case was screwed up. Nothing made sense.  I've only sat on one jury, and it was not about finding the truth.  It was about the DA winning at any cost, and the defense attorney doing any thing he could to persuade the jury. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but I feel this is the first attempt to allow the public know how corrupt our court system is.  Rich people get off, and poor people feed the money making prison system.
It gets worse...the union I was legislated into helps perpetuate the prison system - just try to propose closing prisons and reducing the workforce.
We don't need to close prisons or reduce the workforce, just need to do a little better on the diversity.... ;)

« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2016, 11:50:11 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[

« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
Well then, you have something else to put on your weekend social calendar.

« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
I just finished the first season a couple days ago, after watching the second season first. Excellent show, and movie.

« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:25 AM »

Just contacted the Mrs to pick up some booze and she replied that she already returned from the supermarket and has no intention of going back out.

So I'll have to stop to pick up vermouth on the way home. She texted me back to pick up some booze for her too. Looks like we're finally on the same page.
Tell her you're not fukkin' changing your schedule, if she wants it get it herself.
But then Tony doesn't get his alcohol.

« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
Haven't seen either. Is there a crime committed in the movie/show?

« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »

Just contacted the Mrs to pick up some booze and she replied that she already returned from the supermarket and has no intention of going back out.

So I'll have to stop to pick up vermouth on the way home. She texted me back to pick up some booze for her too. Looks like we're finally on the same page.
Tell her you're not fukkin' changing your schedule, if she wants it get it herself.
But then Tony doesn't get his alcohol.
She stopped at the supermarket, I will stop at the liquor store. I'm ok with that.

« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
Haven't seen either. Is there a crime committed in the movie/show?
You could say that, yeah.

« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »

Hey Bean, don't know if you saw or not, DPG Blue's are CI's DOD....ONLY 44.99/10 !

« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »

Just contacted the Mrs to pick up some booze and she replied that she already returned from the supermarket and has no intention of going back out.

So I'll have to stop to pick up vermouth on the way home. She texted me back to pick up some booze for her too. Looks like we're finally on the same page.
Tell her you're not fukkin' changing your schedule, if she wants it get it herself.
But then Tony doesn't get his alcohol.
...or anything else.

« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2016, 11:57:38 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
Well then, you have something else to put on your weekend social calendar.
I'm going to be perma-drunk from today at 5pm to Sunday at noon, but Sunday hangover might yield some Fargo watching

« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

@BD: Did you finish watching the Making a Murderer? If so, what did you think?
You're smarter than them Tony.  Avoid their errors like burning the victims belongings in a barrel next to the house and burning the victims body in a burn mound on your property and you should be in good shape.
Wild docu-series - really enjoyed watching it, never going to Wisco to commit a crime that's for sure.
Ummmm......there was this movie....and then TV show called "Fargo"...... ???
Would you believe that I've never seen the movie in its entirety?  I've seen 1 or 2 episodes of the show  :-[
I just finished the first season a couple days ago, after watching the second season first. Excellent show, and movie.
My parents are obsessed with it, I"m excited to dive in.  Just need to finish The Following first