« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
<><>It sure isn't, you must be mistaken!  What gig ya preparing for?
It's a two-fer.  First, I have to officiate my dad's wedding.  Then the Hubcaps play at his reception.  Got a surprise planned for his father-daughter dance with my sister.  Gonna make her cry.  But I have to learn the song.  That's today's priority.

I love the Hubcaps!  Sike, never heard of them.  Morning, Bret.  What's the surprise? That you're playing it?
We're the best band you've never heard of.  Morning to ya, Joe.  My sister was a ballerina from toddlerhood to high school.  When she was little (she's 15 years younger than me), I used to play the Elton John song "Tiny Dancer" for her on the piano and she'd dance around the living room to it.  Now she's grown up and I haven't played the song in 20 years but I convinced the band to do it at the reception.  It took some convincing, as there aren't a lot of Elton John fans in the band.
Great song, throw down some Rocket Man for the encore!
No.  I wanted to do "Levon," but the band wasn't going there.
Maybe Crocodile Rock.... Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting or The Bitch is Back.... then again, probably best to stick with your one victory.
Yeah, see, we're a guitar band and Elton John's stuff doesn't lend itself to the extended solos and guitar harmonies for which we're famous (relatively speaking).  We're more Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eagles, Joe Walsh, Brian Setzer, and Santana.  I could have convinced them to do "Rotten Peaches" or "Razor Face" because that's edgier stuff.  They'd have gone with me on "Funeral for a Friend (Love Lies Bleeding)", but that's not a great choice for a wedding.  So I'll stick with this.

« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Two stars aren't known for their social grace.
There is a reason I'm not a 5star-FoundingMember...
Many reasons!
I had that typed and changed it, couldn't be that hard on myself.
Good, that's our job.

« Reply #437 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »

[...]

Question is did you convince her?
That's the surprise.  She'll know we're doing it when I start playing it.
Sounds like a YouTube moment for sure.
Agreed...getcha cameras out!
We're shooting video.  So if we don't screw it up, it'll likely be on YouTube.

« Reply #438 on: June 12, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »

All right, coffee's cold and I have to play this song twice an hour all day.  Back in a few to have a morning cigar.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »

I'm out, golf time...see you 5stars, and less, later
Later Deuce!

Ha. Perfect!

« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »

I'm out, golf time...see you 5stars, and less, later
Later two bit.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #441 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »

I'm out, golf time...see you 5stars, and less, later
Later two bit.

That one makes me think of the Outsiders.

« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:58 PM »

Raz, you ever get any flack from the Fabulous Hubcaps over name?  I've seen them a few times.... not your kind of music however.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #443 on: June 12, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »

I'm out, golf time...see you 5stars, and less, later
Later Deuce!

Ha. Perfect!
I know, huh? Every now and then littlefish parks one!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

All right, coffee's cold and I have to play this song twice an hour all day.  Back in a few to have a morning cigar.

Don't forget to run through the Chicken Dance a couple times too...

« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »

I'm out, golf time...see you 5stars, and less, later
Later Deuce!

Ha. Perfect!
I know, huh? Every now and then littlefish parks one!
A broken clock is right twice a day
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »

My avis were turned off and I didn't do it. Weird.

« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

My avis were turned off and I didn't do it. Weird.
You are pretty old
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »

16 Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Sumatra Robusto #2
          5/19.99
15 Sun Grown Square Off Sampler AB American/RP Sun Grown
         10/39.50
14 Ave Maria Reconquista
          3/39.99
13 Flores y Rodriguez Cabinet Seleccion Maduro Magicos Robusto
         10/19.99
12 La Gloria Cubana Glorias en Cedro Churchill
          7/29.50
11 Cain Habano 'F' Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/34.99
 9 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 8 AVO XO Robusto
         10/39.99
 7 H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 6 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso
         10/39.99
 5 Casa Magna Oscuro Belicoso
          5/22.50
4 Oliva Serie 'O' Churchill
         10/39.99
 3 Man O' War Armada Corona
          5/37.50
 2 The Griffin's
         10/37.50
 1 CAO Flathead
          5/20.50
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »

My avis were turned off and I didn't do it. Weird.
You are pretty old

Damn, Scott. He can still beat you with his cane.