CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44

Author Topic: 6/12/2014  (Read 127523 times)

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2014, 12:04:59 PM »

And once again, the Hair of the Dog is a swing and a miss....
Now look what you did, promotion to a two ** congrats!
See how that works, embrace the suck of the 1 * and they give ya another! lol.
Don't worry, two is still pretty sucky
Oh, and since I forgot to reply to this earlier......fuh cough..

sfish

« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »

Cam, what have you been smoking?  Give us an idea of what newer stuff to suggest.  One that comes to mind is Drew's Nica Rustica.
I haven't been smoking much.  Probably a cigar a week or less.  The Luchador, Camacho Ecuador, Room 101 Payback and Tattoo (which was very meh, IMO) are the only things that are new that I have tried.  They all came from the B&M.
How was the Room 101 Payback?
It left something to be desired IMO.  Was a good smoke for the price, but not what I have come to expect from Room 101. I am going to give it another shot on Saturday as a first cigar to see if it changes my mind at all.  I'll be sure and let ya know a bit more when it is more fresh on the mind.
That's what I was afraid of, their stuff has been so good why put out a bargain smoke that's average? Tattoo also for that matter but at least he admitted it was to keep the pattent

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »

go figure, I had interweb problems, then my nuts got in the way.

good morning guys!
Morning 3d, ball washing was yesterday
...and Oy is painting his today
heading out in a bit. Think I'll have that new DPG when I get home. C yaz

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

go figure, I had interweb problems, then my nuts got in the way.

good morning guys!
Morning 3d, ball washing was yesterday
...and Oy is painting his today
heading out in a bit. Think I'll have that new DPG when I get home. C yaz

Report back on it, you'll be the first to have tried it here.

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »

Cam, what have you been smoking?  Give us an idea of what newer stuff to suggest.  One that comes to mind is Drew's Nica Rustica.
I haven't been smoking much.  Probably a cigar a week or less.  The Luchador, Camacho Ecuador, Room 101 Payback and Tattoo (which was very meh, IMO) are the only things that are new that I have tried.  They all came from the B&M.
It left something to be desired IMO.  Was a good smoke for the price, but not what I have come to expect from Room 101. I am going to give it another shot on Saturday as a first cigar to see if it changes my mind at all.  I'll be sure and let ya know a bit more when it is more fresh on the mind.
That's what I was afraid of, their stuff has been so good why put out a bargain smoke that's average? Tattoo also for that matter but at least he admitted it was to keep the pattent
I agree, even the guy at the B&M told me it was good for the price, but would not live up to a Room 101 cigar.  I am lucky that our B&M owner is a legit guy.  He has steered me away from many smokes telling me they are not worth what he has to charge for them.  I later tried some of them from samplers and online buys and was glad I did not pay B&M prices for them.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »

Morning, amigos.  Took the day off today, as I'm running behind preparing for tomorrow night's gig.  Is that Officer Cam I see?
<><>It sure isn't, you must be mistaken!  What gig ya preparing for?

sfish

« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »

I agree, even the guy at the B&M told me it was good for the price, but would not live up to a Room 101 cigar.  I am lucky that our B&M owner is a legit guy.  He has steered me away from many smokes telling me they are not worth what he has to charge for them.  I later tried some of them from samplers and online buys and was glad I did not pay B&M prices for them.
Sounds like a good dude, that's what we have Joe and Dave for :-)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2014, 12:15:37 PM »

15 Sun Grown Square Off Sampler AB American/RP Sun Grown
         10/39.50
14 Ave Maria Reconquista
          3/39.99
13 Flores y Rodriguez Cabinet Seleccion Maduro Magicos Robusto
         10/19.99
12 La Gloria Cubana Glorias en Cedro Churchill
          7/29.50
11 Cain Habano 'F' Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/34.99
 9 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 8 AVO XO Robusto
         10/39.99
 7 H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 6 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso
         10/39.99
 5 Casa Magna Oscuro Belicoso
          5/22.50
4 Oliva Serie 'O' Churchill
         10/39.99
 3 Man O' War Armada Corona
          5/37.50
 2 The Griffin's
         10/37.50
 1 CAO Flathead
          5/20.50

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »

Yeah, the Tattoo is a dud.  Hate to speak from just one bad experience but you can usually tell right away if a cigar is great or has potential to be great.  I can only think of a small amount of cigars that I didn't think much of at first but loved a year or two down the road, but they were at least OK to begin with.

I can't think of any cigars I've thought were total turds that I enjoyed years down the road after some down time.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »

Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »

Sounds like a good dude, that's what we have Joe and Dave for :-)

Ha, just Dave.  I think he and I have similar tastes. In fact, I'm just gonna copy and paste his reviews from now on and not smoke anything myself.  I'll save a ton of money! 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

<><>It sure isn't, you must be mistaken!  What gig ya preparing for?
It's a two-fer.  First, I have to officiate my dad's wedding.  Then the Hubcaps play at his reception.  Got a surprise planned for his father-daughter dance with my sister.  Gonna make her cry.  But I have to learn the song.  That's today's priority.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »

That said, I do want to try those new My Fathers but I'm in mandatory hiatus mode.  Leave for vacation a week from Monday, need to be sure incoming orders are all here within the next 5-6 days since I have everything delivered to the office.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2014, 12:19:45 PM »

Fuggin pigs! Morning/Afternoon Raz
Geeze, Shaun...you're just askin' for a cavity search, aren't you?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44