CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: 6/12/2014  (Read 127549 times)

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2014, 11:22:47 AM »

On a site related note, I really like the way this is set up.  It makes it very easy to see what is going on. 

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »

PM, FredBob.
I got it Joe, Agreed and thanks!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2014, 11:24:25 AM »

I have a question about these CC orders.  What happens when they catch them?  They just take them and send a "naughty you" note?  Or what happens?
That's what happens.  Then you contact the seller  and they refund you or reship an order, assuming you go with one who offers that.
<><>You been caught before, Joe? Naughty naughty!
Who me?  Ordering ISOKWs?  It's all alleged.  But I've only read about that happening on the many forums dedicated to the topic.  I've never had an issue.
How much extra do you pay to buy from a site that will refund or re-ship if captured?
I think most sites offer it for 'free'.  Price of doing business, for them.
Agreed, most guarantee it that I have ordered from...wouldn't order from them if they didn't
Same here.  If it's not offered, I'm not ordering.  I can't think of a site that's shared among everyone here that doesn't offer it, though I tend to stick with one or two and that's it.
Yeah, I would be worried I would send off my money and nothing would come in return.  Always a fear of mine when buying online from anywhere other than large companies.

Nerve wracking until that first order comes in safely.  Then you turn in to a monster, like Chip!!
I don't make enoug money to turn into a monster, but im sure I'd get myself in trouble if I started.
Make sure you have Visa cards, many only accept them and not MCs...

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »

I have a question about these CC orders.  What happens when they catch them?  They just take them and send a "naughty you" note?  Or what happens?
That's what happens.  Then you contact the seller  and they refund you or reship an order, assuming you go with one who offers that.
Who me?  Ordering ISOKWs?  It's all alleged.  But I've only read about that happening on the many forums dedicated to the topic.  I've never had an issue.
How much extra do you pay to buy from a site that will refund or re-ship if captured?
Agreed, most guarantee it that I have ordered from...wouldn't order from them if they didn't
Same here.  If it's not offered, I'm not ordering.  I can't think of a site that's shared among everyone here that doesn't offer it, though I tend to stick with one or two and that's it.
Yeah, I would be worried I would send off my money and nothing would come in return.  Always a fear of mine when buying online from anywhere other than large companies.

Nerve wracking until that first order comes in safely.  Then you turn in to a monster, like Chip!!
I don't make enoug money to turn into a monster, but im sure I'd get myself in trouble if I started.
I have to restock regular cigars before I go dabbling in the CC market.  It'll be a while, but im sure the day will come.

sfish

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »

I used to order from puroexpress with a guy I worked with. When they shipped to his address they got seized twice. The Swissair envelope was cut, box gone and re-taped with a letter from Chicago DEA/ATF whatever stating that the package was believed to be illegal but if you think it's an error, call this number! (yeah right) Scan the document, email puro and they ask if you want a refund or re-ship. Changed to my addres and they came right through

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »

I have to restock regular cigars before I go dabbling in the CC market.  It'll be a while, but im sure the day will come.
[/quote]

Just wait until non-Cubans are banned, then jump in.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

I used to order from puroexpress with a guy I worked with. When they shipped to his address they got seized twice. The Swissair envelope was cut, box gone and re-taped with a letter from Chicago DEA/ATF whatever stating that the package was believed to be illegal but if you think it's an error, call this number! (yeah right) Scan the document, email puro and they ask if you want a refund or re-ship. Changed to my addres and they came right through
They have some nice combos on multi-box deals.  Another company who has been very popular as of late(and used to be almost foolproof with shipping) and I hear about seizures of their shipments constantly now.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »

I think it is time for the first smoke of the day.  A Diesel HOTDog, not a huge fan of these, but I was told I should give them another shot and was gifted one by the owner of the B&M here.  Why not?
Speaking of cigars he gave me to try.  Has anyone smoked a Luchador yet? Or the new Camacho Equador?
Luchador is solid but not a standout IMHO.  Have not been a fan of the new Camacho's , do you mean the Namakubi Ecuador?  If so, love the Namakubi but the Ecuador is one of my least favorite Room 101s.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »

I got some coronas.

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »

[/quote]That'll be a shitty day.  But there will always be places to get the things you want.

sfish

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »

[/quote]LMAO! Don't pick on the single-star guy

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »

On a site related note, I really like the way this is set up.  It makes it very easy to see what is going on.
Bacon!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »

Mornin' gents.....early mornin slam, work-wise. Hope all is well.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »

That'll be a shitty day.  But there will always be places to get the things you want.
[/quote]

I hate saying that a lot of these retailers have "too much to lose", but it's true.  They're not just gonna close up shop and say "well, that was a good run!"  There are always workarounds and loopholes and it'll be fought for a LONG time.  You'll never see me go in to full panic mode over this sort of thing. 

And I would just buy everything first, THEN start screaming to panic.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »

Morning Dusty!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44