CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 9/23/2017  (Read 3414 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
9/23/2017
« on: September 23, 2017, 12:07:32 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 9/23/2017
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:50:52 AM »

rough day yesterday. woke up with a hell of a chest cogestion, lungs hurt couldn't breathe. met with the hand surgeon at 9am and there's more wrong with my wrists than surgery will resolve, had 9 shots of cortisone, 5 in my right, 4 in my left. went across the street to see my primary and put on antibiotics and steroids. I have a touch of COPD and he wants me to stop smoking, now. :-(
when I got home I had chicken soup, hit the bed, woke up at midnight, did some more chicken soup and TheraFlu and hit the bed. just woke up again.
no cigar yet.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:10:09 AM »

rough day yesterday. woke up with a hell of a chest cogestion, lungs hurt couldn't breathe. met with the hand surgeon at 9am and there's more wrong with my wrists than surgery will resolve, had 9 shots of cortisone, 5 in my right, 4 in my left. went across the street to see my primary and put on antibiotics and steroids. I have a touch of COPD and he wants me to stop smoking, now. :-(
when I got home I had chicken soup, hit the bed, woke up at midnight, did some more chicken soup and TheraFlu and hit the bed. just woke up again.
no cigar yet.
Holy Chit Dean'O!  That is just too much for one day.

My father smoked more cigars than you do for about 40 years and  he came down with a serious case of the flu, he was so sick he did not have a cigar for about 10 days and never smoked another cigar afterwards.  Lived another healthy +\-25 years.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 05:18:06 AM »

Maria shifting a little east on the 5 day forecast and could be a threat to the Outer Banks and Virginia.

...WARNINGS DISCONTINUED FOR THE BAHAMAS AND THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS... ...HIGH SWELLS ARE EXPECTED

5:00 AM EDT Sat Sep 23
Moving: NNW at 9 mph
Min pressure: 952 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »

no cigar yet.

My father smoked more cigars than you do for about 40 years and  he came down with a serious case of the flu, he was so sick he did not have a cigar for about 10 days and never smoked another cigar afterwards.  Lived another healthy +\-25 years.
well, I doubt I will quit completely, but I will make a serious effort to cut back. other than redheads it's the only vice I have.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 05:28:06 AM »

no cigar yet.

well, I doubt I will quit completely, but I will make a serious effort to cut back. other than redheads it's the only vice I have.
LOL, less cigars and more red heads sounds like a possible miracle cure!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »

Warm and Humid 75 degrees here this morning, sunny and 83 for the afternoon.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 06:19:24 AM »

no cigar yet.

......but cigars are easier to acquire than redheads.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 06:22:52 AM »

72° here, 95% humidity, may be close to 90's.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »

72° here, 95% humidity, may be close to 90's.
Down to 71 here now but 98% so mucho sweaty when I took the dogs out

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »

no cigar yet.

......but cigars are easier to acquire than redheads.
And in some cases less deadly than red heads :)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »

Having my OJ and Raisen Bran Muffin on the porch watching the sky light up.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:29 AM »

Morning all you slackers, time to get moving.

Tony has games to get to and burgers to burn, Fish has packing to do, Bean has curtains to pick out and a pool to maintain, Travellin Dave has birthdays and commie quotes to post along with a Clemson Woody to Rub Out...........SHEESH!

Me, I got to go paint 4' squares of sample paint colors on the wall, then at 3:30 got to watch my little Alma Mater play the Mighty Gamecocks.  LATech will Probably get killed but they need the $million+ to maintain a competitive program in their conference (C-USA). Tech is only a 9 point underdog though.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »

Warden and DIL are going to an arts festival at the Atalaya Castle right down the road, I bribed the DIL to go with her so I did not have to 8)

http://www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.net/atalaya.html

But, unfortunately the warden wants to "help" me paint the squares before they go. :(

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 07:44:33 AM »

no cigar yet.

Or a path to a different set of symptoms.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4