CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: 6/21/2018  (Read 8535 times)

Threebean

Re: 6/21/2018
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 06:51:39 AM »

Morning Daves and Dean.

Threebean

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 06:53:45 AM »

Morning, all. Short Office Friday for me today. Work has us volunteering locally starting at noon, then throwing a party for us afterwards. Should be a long day. Lol
I hesitate to ask, what's the local volunteer activity?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 06:54:53 AM »

Morning, all. Short Office Friday for me today. Work has us volunteering locally starting at noon, then throwing a party for us afterwards. Should be a long day. Lol
My group is sorting kids school supplies. Seemed the least objectionable of the options we had.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 06:56:32 AM »

Morning Daves and Dean.
Morning Mark.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 06:57:17 AM »

I wasn't going to ask.

Threebean

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:59:53 AM »

My group is sorting kids school supplies. Seemed the least objectionable of the options we had.
Sit in an air conditioned building and take bulk supplies and create individual kits for the kiddos?  Rough.  No wonder you're throwing yourselves a party after.

Threebean

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 07:02:04 AM »

I wasn't going to ask.
Indeed.  I was afraid it was signing up illegals to vote or destroying historical artifacts. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 07:04:07 AM »

I wasn't going to ask.
Indeed.  I was afraid it was signing up illegals to vote or destroying historic artifacts.
That's during the after party.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 07:13:52 AM »

Sit in an air conditioned building and take bulk supplies and create individual kits for the kiddos?  Rough.  No wonder you're throwing yourselves a party after.
The place we're going to afterwards kinda sounds like Chuck E Cheese, but for adults.

http://www.punchbowlsocial.com/location/cleveland

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

The place we're going to afterwards kinda sounds like Chuck E Cheese, but for adults.

Bean - they already have 1 location in Austin, with another coming soon.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 07:20:08 AM »

Today Is the Longest Day of the Year. Here's What to Know About the 2018 Summer Solstice

While it’s already been hot for weeks, summer doesn’t officially start until the summer solstice, which falls on Thursday, June 21 this year.

The summer solstice, which is the longest day of the year, officially starts Thursday morning in the Northern Hemisphere. During the summer solstice, the sun appears to stand still as it reaches its highest point, before moving off toward the horizon.

Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 summer solstice, including what it means and how Stonehenge is connected to the annual event.

What is the summer solstice?

While the calendar may say June 1 was the first day of summer, the season actually starts when the summer solstice happens, according to astronomers. That’s because meteorologists divide the year into four seasons based on weather patterns, so the summer solstice always occurs later than the first day of summer on the calendar.

The summer solstice begins when the tilt of Earth’s axis is most inclined towards the sun directly above the Tropic of Cancer. The winter solstice, which falls on Friday, Dec. 21 this year, is the exact opposite — when the earth’s axis tilted furthest away from the sun, marking the start of winter.

The summer solstice happens every year between June 20 and June 22 when the sun reaches its highest elevation in the Northern Hemisphere, making it the longest day of the year with a stretch of sunlight that lasts for 17 hours.

The term solstice derives from Latin word “sol” meaning “sun” and “sistere” which means “to make stand, ” according Dictionary.com.

When is the 2018 summer solstice?

This year, the summer solstice officially starts at 6:07 a.m. E.T. on Thursday, June 21.

And while the summer solstice marks the start of the summer, the days are about to get shorter now because the sun is rising later and setting earlier.

Threebean

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 07:23:31 AM »

Indeed they do.  The Domain is like downtown Austin north, but nicer to walk around.  Will have to check it out.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 07:32:54 AM »

Good morning LTG, Dean, NJDave, and Mark.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 07:41:29 AM »

Austin kinda place.  That's all we need to know.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 07:41:49 AM »

Morning Mr. Bean and Mr. Mayor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9