CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 6/19/2018  (Read 5567 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 6/19/2018
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »

Great article about what Bob Dole is up to these days.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Bob-Dole-s-final-mission-13005359.php
I'm honestly surprised to find out he's still alive.
The monument is powerful enough (as are the others), but I'll tell you I couldn't go near it when he was there.  Very powerful scene (and with the amount of estrogen now in my system...)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »

Some solid offers at the Holts weekly special.  Includes some Room 101 left over from the flash sale (more limited vitola's), Crowned Heads Luminosa for $30 a box less that I've seen it, AF Short Story and a number of other good smokes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »

Thought for Today: "To seek fulfillment is to invite frustration." — Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian author and philosopher (1895-1986).
Hence this morning's conference call that I rushed into the office for and no one else joined?
So like nine out of 10 conference calls, not really necessary.  But kudos for trying, ContractorTony.
No, I chased the main guy down and got the information I needed.

Threebean

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »

Thought for Today: "To seek fulfillment is to invite frustration." — Jiddu Krishnamurti, Indian author and philosopher (1895-1986).
Hence this morning's conference call that I rushed into the office for and no one else joined?
So like nine out of 10 conference calls, not really necessary.  But kudos for trying, ContractorTony.
Exactly my point.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »

Exactly my point.
We were the only two scheduled in that meeting and therefore, his time is more valuable than mine. Gotcha.

Edit: ...and since he has a reputation for blowing me off (not in a good way, either) and I invited that frustration... we've come full circle.

Threebean

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:48 AM »

Great article about what Bob Dole is up to these days.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Bob-Dole-s-final-mission-13005359.php
Very nice Mr. Bean.  Thanks for sharing.

Of course the best quote from it is:

He says he has more fun when his wife doesn't come with him.
Out for strange even at 94.

Threebean

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 10:00:58 AM »

Exactly my point.
We were the only two scheduled in that meeting and therefore, his time is more valuable than mine. Gotcha.
Two people on a conference call is not a conference call.  It's just a phone call.  Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

Exactly my point.
Two people on a conference call is not a conference call.  It's just a phone call.  Sheesh.
You are correct. I should have said a scheduled phone call between two people. In any case, I edited the post above and I think it sums it up well.

Threebean

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »

Exactly my point.
You are correct. I should have said a scheduled phone call between two people. In any case, I edited the post above and I think it sums it up well.
What sums it up is he made you his bitch.  Happy Tuesday, bitch!   ;D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »

Exactly my point.
That is an accurate summary of the summary. GFY.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »

Exactly my point.
Doesn't everybody?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »

Exactly my point.
Doesn't everybody?
This post hurt more.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 11:05:23 AM »

Exactly my point.
Doesn't everybody?
This post hurt more.
Sounds like you might need yourself a safe space.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/egoistemondiale/pause-pod-your-private-pop-up-space-for-relaxation

Threebean

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »

Exactly my point.
Doesn't everybody?
This post hurt more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/egoistemondiale/pause-pod-your-private-pop-up-space-for-relaxation
Sounds like this will help.
https://www.karesskrafters.com/products/whispers-for-women-salve

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »

Exactly my point.
Doesn't everybody?
This post hurt more.

Sounds like this will help.
https://www.karesskrafters.com/products/whispers-for-women-salve
Won't even ask how you happened on that.... :-[
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6