« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

Double hazzuh for Tony!
Sure, a nice pair of tits show up and you leave...see ya Davey!

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG
Some great sticks!

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.
I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »

Hey NJDave, how are the Room 101 Paybacks?
A bitch.
That Dave is a funny guy.
I had one out for you last visit (on the tray), forgot to take it with you.
Anyway, nice smoke but very average.  Reminds me of the original Rm 101 (before Conjura)

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG
I know you're not really a connie fan.  Damb curious about that MF.  I'm gonna pick one up this week.

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2014, 02:51:46 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG
I know you're not really a connie fan.  Damb curious about that MF.  I'm gonna pick one up this week.
Had one last weekend.  Good cigar but can't say that I was wowed.  Some very  interesting aspects here and there, but balance didn't seem quite right.  May be from travel, may just need a little alone time.

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...

« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.

« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.
I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?
Not that interesting a story.  Back in the late 80's I dated a girl who was best friends with Linda Ronstadt's niece.  We went to some benefit event, Reg was also there, and he was being a dick.  Not to me, I was just an observer at a distance.  This was when he was still recovering from throat surgery, so I suppose that could bring out the dick in any singer.  So...yeah, just that I got the distinct pleasure of seeing Elton John fifteen feet away being a dick.

But I do like his early work, especially "Madman Across the Water", where Tiny Bastige Dancer comes from.

« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
The Tat Black was that for me, but I'm still a neophyte.

« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG
I know you're not really a connie fan.  Damb curious about that MF.  I'm gonna pick one up this week.
I wouldn't have bought a connie from anybody else but I was curious about this one. They had the DPG Blue Maduro there also. Illusione Rothchildes were empty or I would have grabbed a couple, plenty of Tats and Lats. Very nice shop overall, had the Paybacks too but figured they were meh

« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
The Room 101 MC2 was outstanding and I thought the Intemperence BA XXI Envy also stood out