CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: 8/13/2014  (Read 52226 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 8/13/2014
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »

Hi Bret.  Not a fan of Elton?
Of the man, no.  Of his music prior to 1980, yes.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

Double hazzuh for Tony!
Sure, a nice pair of tits show up and you leave...see ya Davey!

sfish

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!
No Sake Bombs but got a MF Connie, LAT lancero and La Antiquedad CG

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:25 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Some great sticks!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »

I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »

Hey NJDave, how are the Room 101 Paybacks?
A bitch.
That Dave is a funny guy.
I had one out for you last visit (on the tray), forgot to take it with you.
Anyway, nice smoke but very average.  Reminds me of the original Rm 101 (before Conjura)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »

I know you're not really a connie fan.  Damb curious about that MF.  I'm gonna pick one up this week.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2014, 02:51:46 PM »

I know you're not really a connie fan.  Damb curious about that MF.  I'm gonna pick one up this week.
Had one last weekend.  Good cigar but can't say that I was wowed.  Some very  interesting aspects here and there, but balance didn't seem quite right.  May be from travel, may just need a little alone time.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »

Year is half over and I'm still waiting for my first wow cigar....maybe I'm just getting too picky, maybe my senses have gone the way of Oy....but I'm still looking.
Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

Tat Black CG? Oy-syndrome is never good, not sure he has found a cure yet either...
True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »

I almost let this go but I feel there is an interesting story here.  Care to elaborate?
Not that interesting a story.  Back in the late 80's I dated a girl who was best friends with Linda Ronstadt's niece.  We went to some benefit event, Reg was also there, and he was being a dick.  Not to me, I was just an observer at a distance.  This was when he was still recovering from throat surgery, so I suppose that could bring out the dick in any singer.  So...yeah, just that I got the distinct pleasure of seeing Elton John fifteen feet away being a dick. 

But I do like his early work, especially "Madman Across the Water", where Tiny Bastige Dancer comes from.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »

The Tat Black was that for me, but I'm still a neophyte.

sfish

« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »

I wouldn't have bought a connie from anybody else but I was curious about this one. They had the DPG Blue Maduro there also. Illusione Rothchildes were empty or I would have grabbed a couple, plenty of Tats and Lats. Very nice shop overall, had the Paybacks too but figured they were meh

sfish

« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »

True..but I guess I wasn't thinking of it as new as the Black has been around.....and I enjoyed Pudgy Chuck....but it's not like I'll ever have a stockpile of them.  There is also the Casa Fernandez 35th, Curivari Reserva Limitada Cafe Noir, Intemperance BA XXI, Nica Rustica was this year, right?, Room 101 MC2, San Christobal Revelation, so I guess I stand corrected yellowstar.
The Room 101 MC2 was outstanding and I thought the Intemperence BA XXI Envy also stood out
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23