CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: 8/13/2014  (Read 52239 times)

sfish

Re: 8/13/2014
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

Any raving reviews for the Tatuaje La Casita Criolla? Coronas Mashing 5/25

*consists entirely of specially cured Connecticut Broadleaf tobacco.
I've smoked several.  Each time expecting that maybe the previous one was a fluke.  I'm just not impressed.  Hands down, my least favorite Tat.  And to keep things in perspective, I've never paid for any of them so you would expect "free" to taste better.

My least favorite Tat has been the Tattoo...
+1. Although I've never had the LCC. Still hard to imagine a Tat worse than the Tattoo.

That cigar just seems like a mistake.  Maybe it needs a decade or two of downtime?  I'd put it right 'up' there with the Bueso Genesis and Armada as far as worst cigar I've had in recent memory.  I don't have a full "Not Top 10" but those three would be at the top.

I smoked a RP Edge last night, been sitting in the humidor for who knows how long. Had fleeting hints of some really nice flavors, but every other puff was hot air.  I was ready to toss it after an inch and grab something else, but then it got decent.  Creamy nuttiness, real pleasant.  Then back to nothing and I was ready to toss it at the halfway point.  Then it got better.  Then the burn got all crazy.  Then it straightened out.  Incredibly inconsistent cigar that was tasty, except for when it wasn't.  Kinda my experience with every RP cigar I've had in the past 5-6 years.

Used to like the corojo Edge. Haven't had one in awhile, but your description seems to be right on with my experience. This and the Decade probably the only RP I liked well enough to buy again in some capacity.
But unfortunately, depending on when you had your last one....the blend has probably changed.

Indeed.  So-so cigar, so-so construction, that may or may not be so-so with each subsequent purchase?  Easy pass.
I have a couple Decades and a few 15th Anniversaries in my humi, will probably give them away at some point. Thinking I don't want to waste quality smoking time. BTW drank and enjoyed a Stone Enjoy By last night

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »

I've smoked several.  Each time expecting that maybe the previous one was a fluke.  I'm just not impressed.  Hands down, my least favorite Tat.  And to keep things in perspective, I've never paid for any of them so you would expect "free" to taste better.

+1. Although I've never had the LCC. Still hard to imagine a Tat worse than the Tattoo.

That cigar just seems like a mistake.  Maybe it needs a decade or two of downtime?  I'd put it right 'up' there with the Bueso Genesis and Armada as far as worst cigar I've had in recent memory.  I don't have a full "Not Top 10" but those three would be at the top.

I smoked a RP Edge last night, been sitting in the humidor for who knows how long. Had fleeting hints of some really nice flavors, but every other puff was hot air.  I was ready to toss it after an inch and grab something else, but then it got decent.  Creamy nuttiness, real pleasant.  Then back to nothing and I was ready to toss it at the halfway point.  Then it got better.  Then the burn got all crazy.  Then it straightened out.  Incredibly inconsistent cigar that was tasty, except for when it wasn't.  Kinda my experience with every RP cigar I've had in the past 5-6 years.

Used to like the corojo Edge. Haven't had one in awhile, but your description seems to be right on with my experience. This and the Decade probably the only RP I liked well enough to buy again in some capacity.
But unfortunately, depending on when you had your last one....the blend has probably changed.

Indeed.  So-so cigar, so-so construction, that may or may not be so-so with each subsequent purchase?  Easy pass.
I have a couple Decades and a few 15th Anniversaries in my humi, will probably give them away at some point. Thinking I don't want to waste quality smoking time. BTW drank and enjoyed a Stone Enjoy By last night
And?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »

I like the Stone Enjoy By series.  I'd have said it's my favorite Stone IPA up until trying the RuinTen.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »

Hey NJDave, how are the Room 101 Paybacks?
A bitch.

sfish

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »

I like the Stone Enjoy By series.  I'd have said it's my favorite Stone IPA up until trying the RuinTen.
Even while trying the RuinTen first the Enjoy By is very good, will definitely buy more

sfish

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »

Hey NJDave, how are the Room 101 Paybacks?
A bitch.
CNS, actually took me reading it twice to get it

sfish

« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »

And?
Sorry, And Tony sucks

sfish

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2014, 01:41:31 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2014, 01:42:33 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »

And?
Sorry, And Tony sucks
That's better.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »

I'm going to take a ride to a shop in Union, about 15 minutes from here. Says they have 601s so hoping for Sake Bombs. Id call and find out but they carry great brands so I'll take the ride anyway

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »

Figured you liked to be the rider

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:11 PM »

Same reason I don't call liquor stores if I'm looking for some specific.  Even if they don't have it, there's a near 100% chance they'll have something else I want.
Looking around is over half the fun to me!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:33 PM »

And even if they don't, you still get to walk around a liquor store.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »

Looking around is over half the fun to me!
Figured you liked to be the watcher.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23