CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: 8/13/2014  (Read 52238 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/13/2014
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »

Must be lunch break... Roast beef and Swiss for me. Romaine lettuce. Nice garden fresh tomato. Lovely.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

Must be lunch break... Roast beef and Swiss for me. Romaine lettuce. Nice garden fresh tomato. Lovely.

The quicker I get my shit done, the quicker I'm outta here! 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

The quicker I get my shit done, the quicker I'm outta here!

Well, stop posting and get that shit done Mr!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

FYI, I did the add to cart test, 35 Tat Black CG jars at Famous in stock :)

You'd think it should take awhile to go through 10,000 jars (total production)... but you never know.

We all should probably get at least 1 more ea.  ;D
Catsrule still work?  ;D

Oh yeah. You can have them delivered for only $142.
DO IT!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »

Any raving reviews for the Tatuaje La Casita Criolla? Coronas Mashing 5/25

*consists entirely of specially cured Connecticut Broadleaf tobacco.
I've smoked several.  Each time expecting that maybe the previous one was a fluke.  I'm just not impressed.  Hands down, my least favorite Tat.  And to keep things in perspective, I've never paid for any of them so you would expect "free" to taste better.

My least favorite Tat has been the Tattoo...
+1. Although I've never had the LCC. Still hard to imagine a Tat worse than the Tattoo.
Agreed

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

JWacky.....34K* posts, impressive.

I'm such a phoney.
Yea, there's that...
That's about the nicest thing anyone's ever said about you

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »

I've smoked several.  Each time expecting that maybe the previous one was a fluke.  I'm just not impressed.  Hands down, my least favorite Tat.  And to keep things in perspective, I've never paid for any of them so you would expect "free" to taste better.

+1. Although I've never had the LCC. Still hard to imagine a Tat worse than the Tattoo.
Agreed
I'm gonna smoke a Tat TAA 2012 tonight...been wanting to try one for a while...the 2014s drop in the next week or 2

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »

Agreed
I'm gonna smoke a Tat TAA 2012 tonight...been wanting to try one for a while...the 2014s drop in the next week or 2

'Bout time you started smoking some of that hoard you have.  ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »

Agreed

'Bout time you started smoking some of that hoard you have.  ;)
Ohh go sit on your thumb!  I do plenty of smokin...I just do more buying :)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »

You gonna post up the plans and the materials list for that humi? At least PM me so's I can get a look. I'd be interested in a similar project.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »

That cigar just seems like a mistake.  Maybe it needs a decade or two of downtime?  I'd put it right 'up' there with the Bueso Genesis and Armada as far as worst cigar I've had in recent memory.  I don't have a full "Not Top 10" but those three would be at the top.

I smoked a RP Edge last night, been sitting in the humidor for who knows how long. Had fleeting hints of some really nice flavors, but every other puff was hot air.  I was ready to toss it after an inch and grab something else, but then it got decent.  Creamy nuttiness, real pleasant.  Then back to nothing and I was ready to toss it at the halfway point.  Then it got better.  Then the burn got all crazy.  Then it straightened out.  Incredibly inconsistent cigar that was tasty, except for when it wasn't.  Kinda my experience with every RP cigar I've had in the past 5-6 years.

Used to like the corojo Edge. Haven't had one in awhile, but your description seems to be right on with my experience. This and the Decade probably the only RP I liked well enough to buy again in some capacity.
But unfortunately, depending on when you had your last one....the blend has probably changed.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

You gonna post up the plans and the materials list for that humi? At least PM me so's I can get a look. I'd be interested in a similar project.
Without question!  I will have everything, even assembly instructions, materials, cost, etc.  Here is a link to the doc detailing it so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kZ6yEMOvToitso4oaGNU7aXQFu6dOb3E1om5QoW_vcE/edit?usp=sharing

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »

That cigar just seems like a mistake.  Maybe it needs a decade or two of downtime?  I'd put it right 'up' there with the Bueso Genesis and Armada as far as worst cigar I've had in recent memory.  I don't have a full "Not Top 10" but those three would be at the top.

I smoked a RP Edge last night, been sitting in the humidor for who knows how long. Had fleeting hints of some really nice flavors, but every other puff was hot air.  I was ready to toss it after an inch and grab something else, but then it got decent.  Creamy nuttiness, real pleasant.  Then back to nothing and I was ready to toss it at the halfway point.  Then it got better.  Then the burn got all crazy.  Then it straightened out.  Incredibly inconsistent cigar that was tasty, except for when it wasn't.  Kinda my experience with every RP cigar I've had in the past 5-6 years.

Used to like the corojo Edge. Haven't had one in awhile, but your description seems to be right on with my experience. This and the Decade probably the only RP I liked well enough to buy again in some capacity.
But unfortunately, depending on when you had your last one....the blend has probably changed.

Indeed.  So-so cigar, so-so construction, that may or may not be so-so with each subsequent purchase?  Easy pass.

sfish

« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

Hey NJDave, how are the Room 101 Paybacks?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23