CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: 8/12/2014  (Read 45024 times)

sfish

Re: 8/12/2014
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2014, 02:19:14 PM »

WTF #2... Robin Williams suicide... Damn.

Never understand why 'common' people get upset over celebrity deaths.  I never knew Robin Williams, so I can't say I was moved one way or the other at news of his passing.  No offense.
I think it's because you're a cold hearted son of a bitch.  Sad when anyone with mental illness, loses the battle.  I would have the same reaction if someone tells me that a colleague with three kids killed himself, even if I never met the person.

Maybe. I can sympathize with his family.  But I can't say that when I heard about his passing I thought any more about it than, "oh".
I'm sad for the loss of an exceptional talent and unique skillset.  No I didn't hang with the guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed his movies, TV appearances and standup.  Like George Carlin, he had a truly unique angle on life and was able to put it in a unique light.  The loss is in what cannot be replaced and the waste of talent that still had more to give.  A good entertainer should not be undervalued as to their service to the larger whole.  Be they musician, artist, actor or performer.
Well said.
Just released as a death by hanging, with a belt, in his bedroom.
Oh boy, that's not pretty

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »

Never understand why 'common' people get upset over celebrity deaths.  I never knew Robin Williams, so I can't say I was moved one way or the other at news of his passing.  No offense.
I think it's because you're a cold hearted son of a bitch.  Sad when anyone with mental illness, loses the battle.  I would have the same reaction if someone tells me that a colleague with three kids killed himself, even if I never met the person.

Maybe. I can sympathize with his family.  But I can't say that when I heard about his passing I thought any more about it than, "oh".
I'm sad for the loss of an exceptional talent and unique skillset.  No I didn't hang with the guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed his movies, TV appearances and standup.  Like George Carlin, he had a truly unique angle on life and was able to put it in a unique light.  The loss is in what cannot be replaced and the waste of talent that still had more to give.  A good entertainer should not be undervalued as to their service to the larger whole.  Be they musician, artist, actor or performer.
Well said.
Sheesh.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #287 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »

Well said.

What? Are you playing Clue?

~ Red was here too

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #288 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »

Well said.
Also minor-ly slit wrists and a bloody knife was found

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »

Well said.

~ Red was here too
Oof. Double sheesh.

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:45 PM »

... and koosies. What's the point? Beer's gonna be gone before it gets warm. If you need it, you're drinking too damn slow.
Here in the midwest, where we get a lot of humidity in the summer, a lot of the point of koozies is to keep the condensation off wherever the beverage is sitting, table, counter, etc.

I get it, Dave. Warden probably makes you use coasters too. Whipped!
Pussy whipped is better than pussy-less. Haha.
Well, according to the other folks, I'm the first and I know I'm the second....can't quite figure that out...
Like being stuck between a rock and a not-so-hard place.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

Well said.

~ Red was here too
Press conference right now with the Police giving the details

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

On that happy note, I'm out. Later all.

sfish

« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »

Well said.

~ Red was here too
"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »

See ya Dave!

sfish

« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

Later Dave. You should wear a mask on payday, you're robbing the company!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »

Well said.

Well, I was going to possibly go with a Carridine reasoning, but the attempted slit wrists rules that out.

Appears he had made his decision if he actually went with a second option.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

Which Dave???   ::)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »

Well said.

Well, I was going to possibly go with a Carridine reasoning, but the attempted slit wrists rules that out.

Appears he had made his decision if he actually went with a second option.
I'm thinking he "couldn't" do it that way and went with plan b, just a guess tho.  Can't imagine one's mental state when contemplating that.

sfish

« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »

Which Dave???   ::)
Guilty conscience?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24