CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: 8/12/2014  (Read 45025 times)

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
Re: 8/12/2014
« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »

We started out 4 years ago doing individuals, so 6 days of DotD plus everything else was a bit much. We toned it down to couples, every other day. This is what we're going with this year - http://www.threeolives.com/recipe/559
[/quote]What about the peanut butter?

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »

Thanks for getting that done Tony, now GFY!(Tuesday protocol)
No problem.  I was trying to avoid creating a group just for one person but it's fine.  Drastic changes are a coming though.
Automatically blocking all yellow stars and blue balls? Good call, long time coming.
Hence the blue balls.
Ha.  Well played, Tom.
Hi Tony.  Just stopping by to check up on the Hatfields and McCoys.

Hi Tom. It's not that big a deal... or at least it shouldn't be. Nuff said.
Hi Steve

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:47 PM »

The Drink of The Day thing isn't that easy. Over the years we've made a bunch of recipes. Can't be too heavy, have to please both genders, can't be too strong or people will drown in the ocean. We went with a flavor vodka nobody in our group has had. My one BIL is making a cocktail with Fireball, should be interesting. The other couple spent $90 at the store to try 2 drinks and they said both sucked so back to square one

I take it that bourbon and 7-Up doesn't count...
Believe me, I'm easy. Scotch on the rocks would get my vote

Probably not going to get too many ladies drinking that. Catering for the two is challenging. Though, it sounds like you have enough variables.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »

The Drink of The Day thing isn't that easy. Over the years we've made a bunch of recipes. Can't be too heavy, have to please both genders, can't be too strong or people will drown in the ocean. We went with a flavor vodka nobody in our group has had. My one BIL is making a cocktail with Fireball, should be interesting. The other couple spent $90 at the store to try 2 drinks and they said both sucked so back to square one

Light rum, dark rum, orange liqueur.  Enjoy the mai-tais, folks, see ya in the morning.

sfish

« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »

We started out 4 years ago doing individuals, so 6 days of DotD plus everything else was a bit much. We toned it down to couples, every other day. This is what we're going with this year - http://www.threeolives.com/recipe/559
What about the peanut butter?
[/quote]That's ridiculous, it's not a beer

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »

OK, I'm done at the office for the day.  Gotta head out to Alpine Beer Co. to pick up my half of the trade for these Pumkings.  Have a great afternoon, all.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »

Light rum, dark rum, orange liqueur.  Enjoy the mai-tais, folks, see ya in the morning.
See ya, Joe.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

OK, I'm done at the office for the day.  Gotta head out to Alpine Beer Co. to pick up my half of the trade for these Pumkings.  Have a great afternoon, all.
Later, Joe.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »

WTF #2... Robin Williams suicide... Damn.

Never understand why 'common' people get upset over celebrity deaths.  I never knew Robin Williams, so I can't say I was moved one way or the other at news of his passing.  No offense.
I think it's because you're a cold hearted son of a bitch.  Sad when anyone with mental illness, loses the battle.  I would have the same reaction if someone tells me that a colleague with three kids killed himself, even if I never met the person.

Maybe. I can sympathize with his family.  But I can't say that when I heard about his passing I thought any more about it than, "oh".
I'm sad for the loss of an exceptional talent and unique skillset.  No I didn't hang with the guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed his movies, TV appearances and standup.  Like George Carlin, he had a truly unique angle on life and was able to put it in a unique light.  The loss is in what cannot be replaced and the waste of talent that still had more to give.  A good entertainer should not be undervalued as to their service to the larger whole.  Be they musician, artist, actor or performer.
Well said.

sfish

« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »

I was going to whip-up this bloody mary but I don't want to pack the deep fryer

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »

While we still have a little summer, go with an Island Girl   [ 1 1/2 oz. Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
1 oz. orange juice, 1 oz. pineapple juice, 2 oz. lemon-lime soda]   
or my Bermudan favorite  Dark and Stormy (just don't add lime like some people do around here)  Just Dark Rum [Goslings Black Seal] and Ginger Beer.  As for Fireball, mix with RumChata, equal parts...it tastes like a cinnamon bun.  Better to save for the winter season.  Here's a couple of others...http://hot-tub-blog.spadepot.com/top-6-summer-cocktails-recipes.html?gclid=CJuqvMSpjsACFSxk7AodAywAPw

sfish

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »

Later Joe

TRO

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:26 PM »

What about the peanut butter?
That's ridiculous, it's not a beer
[/quote]Ooops, sorry.  Harry Burnett Reese thought that the peanut butter might go well with the chocolate.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2014, 02:18:09 PM »

WTF #2... Robin Williams suicide... Damn.

Never understand why 'common' people get upset over celebrity deaths.  I never knew Robin Williams, so I can't say I was moved one way or the other at news of his passing.  No offense.
I think it's because you're a cold hearted son of a bitch.  Sad when anyone with mental illness, loses the battle.  I would have the same reaction if someone tells me that a colleague with three kids killed himself, even if I never met the person.

Maybe. I can sympathize with his family.  But I can't say that when I heard about his passing I thought any more about it than, "oh".
I'm sad for the loss of an exceptional talent and unique skillset.  No I didn't hang with the guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed his movies, TV appearances and standup.  Like George Carlin, he had a truly unique angle on life and was able to put it in a unique light.  The loss is in what cannot be replaced and the waste of talent that still had more to give.  A good entertainer should not be undervalued as to their service to the larger whole.  Be they musician, artist, actor or performer.
Well said.
Just released as a death by hanging, with a belt, in his bedroom.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »

I was going to whip-up this bloody mary but I don't want to pack the deep fryer
I saw that yesterday or facebook, INSANE!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24