glassken

« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »

Hi there, Mark.
Hey Tony.  Guess what, we just started a weight loss contest here at work.  Six of us in at $20 ea, runs until Thanksgiving.  No cigars involved with this one, just the $$.  I've gained 15 of the 20 lbs I lost last summer back, so figured it was time to get back on the wagon.
It's a fucking illness, Mark.  I've lost it and gained it twice since our contest.  I need to get on the wagon again.
The only time I lost was when I had the pancreas thing. Dropped 30lb. in 9 days. But, I was dying. I'm glad that shit went away. I'm back to my svelte 35 lbs over weight!
  Howdy, Ken.  There's a Harley in your avatar...did you get one or just thinking about it?
Raz, it's around the corner. I keep wishing someone will buy it. I got some info from KC. Is not a very good deal, and not good for long drives. I am interested in getting one soon.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »

Hi there, Mark.
Hey Tony.  Guess what, we just started a weight loss contest here at work.  Six of us in at $20 ea, runs until Thanksgiving.  No cigars involved with this one, just the $$.  I've gained 15 of the 20 lbs I lost last summer back, so figured it was time to get back on the wagon.
It's a fucking illness, Mark.  I've lost it and gained it twice since our contest.  I need to get on the wagon again.
The only time I lost was when I had the pancreas thing. Dropped 30lb. in 9 days. But, I was dying. I'm glad that shit went away. I'm back to my svelte 35 lbs over weight!
  Howdy, Ken.  There's a Harley in your avatar...did you get one or just thinking about it?
ha, I thought that was you Bret.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »

« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »

That's it for me.  Time to hit the dusty trail as Dusty isn't here to hit it.  Have a good evening all.
Adios, mofo.  8)

« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »

[...]
Sportster?  Yeah, OK for around town, but I'd recommend something more suitable for all day touring.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »

[...]
That is what KC cautioned me on.

« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

[...]
He's right.  Sportsters aren't good for long rides.  They look sexy, though.

« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

[...]
Yes.  And frankly, anything you can do around town on a Sporty you can do equally well on a big twin - except outrun cops.

Still, I shake my head at folks who say they want a bike suitable for all day touring when they've never spent a day on two wheels.  An entire day on two wheels is a far different experience than a couple hours, and it is NOT the experience people imagine.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »

Hi there, Mark.
Hey Tony.  Guess what, we just started a weight loss contest here at work.  Six of us in at $20 ea, runs until Thanksgiving.  No cigars involved with this one, just the $$.  I've gained 15 of the 20 lbs I lost last summer back, so figured it was time to get back on the wagon.
It's a fucking illness, Mark.  I've lost it and gained it twice since our contest.  I need to get on the wagon again.
The only time I lost was when I had the pancreas thing. Dropped 30lb. in 9 days. But, I was dying. I'm glad that shit went away. I'm back to my svelte 35 lbs over weight!
  Howdy, Ken.  There's a Harley in your avatar...did you get one or just thinking about it?
ha, I thought that was you Bret.
Change your avi, Dean.  It's making me hungry and thirsty.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »

okay Sly, hang on.

« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »

okay Sly, hang on.
Must be from his Friday sleepovers...

« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

Smoking an EPC Short Run (vintage, I think) it doesn't have a year on the 2nd band.  Me likes.  I think I prefer it to the 2013.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »

Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2014, 06:04:53 PM »

Smoking an EPC Short Run (vintage, I think) it doesn't have a year on the 2nd band.  Me likes.  I think I prefer it to the 2013.
just finished an EPC 2nd myself.trying to decide on what's next.

« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »

Smoking an EPC Short Run (vintage, I think) it doesn't have a year on the 2nd band.  Me likes.  I think I prefer it to the 2013.
Really?  I much prefer the 2013.