CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: 8/7/2014  (Read 50842 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 8/7/2014
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »

Has anyone had the Rogue Nut Brown Nectar beer?  I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, gonna give it a shot this weekend.

Not me.  Never really had a Rogue beer that I thought was as good or better as countless other beers available here so I've given up on them.  Scott talked of one of their IPAs being great, though, so I guess I'll give that one a shot.
Hmm, good to know.  I'll give it a shot this weekend and relay my findings...the Beard Beer seems to get a decent amount of traction, just doesn't sound like one I would enjoy.

Haven't been drinking beer very long, though, so don't pay much attention to my opinions.  It's based on trying only a handful of Rogue beers and a relatively small sampling of everything else.  Rogue's stuff just never seems to live up to as good as it sounds it'll be.
Yeah the micro scene is pretty new to me, too many options...couldn't imagine being in a state with the options you have.
You must be used to few options though, you live in ND for god's sake
Quantity over Quality in this state unfortunately.  But we do have a kick ass local brewery(Fargo Brewing Co), and MN has some great stuff(Summit, Surly, etc)
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for that!!!

Sucker.
What do you expect? Slow on the uptake out there, doesn't seem like a bad all-around guy though
Fuckin Joizy Scotts!
No offense Shaun, I though I PM'd that to Joe  ;D
Yeah, yeah, yeah, w/e  :P

sfish

« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »

San Diego area alone has 74 breweries....whole lot of explorin' to be done Joe!
http://www.drinkupsandiego.com/sandiegobreweries.html
I've only gotten to Ballast Point, Belching Beaver, Green Flash, Hess, Carl Strauss, Pacific Beach, and Stone.  Got my work cut out for me.
Geez, San Diego (German for whale's vagina) is fucking utopia! I like the Green Flash IPA if you haven't tried it, high IBU from memory

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »

I've only gotten to Ballast Point, Belching Beaver, Green Flash, Hess, Carl Strauss, Pacific Beach, and Stone.  Got my work cut out for me.
Damn, that's crazy! 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

Not counting Will, I on the other hand have the following two local breweries:  Riverhorse and Triumph.....27 in all of NJ

sfish

« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »

NJDave - Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti in growlers at Joe Canal's Lawrenceville

sfish

« Reply #275 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

See you guys tomorrow for a Fun Friday, don't let your meat loaf

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #276 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:59 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty crazy!  And there are new ones opening all the time.  I've only been to a handful of them but off the top of my head I've had stuff from Stone, Ballast Point, Karl Strauss, Alesmith, Green Flash, St. Archer, Belching Beaver, Mother Earth, Alpine, Port/Lost Abbey, Coronado, Urbn St... Gordon Biersh and Ogie's show up on San Diego lists but they're more restaurants in my mind, and they also happen to brew their own beer.  Don't think any of it is particularly interesting.

I bolded the breweries I've actually visited.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #277 on: August 07, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »

NJDave - Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti in growlers at Joe Canal's Lawrenceville
Was just there yesterday, picked up two as a matter of fact...along with grapefruit vodka, orange vodka and pineapple rum....long story, but I was so embarrassed checking out...she didn't ask for my mancard luckily.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #278 on: August 07, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »

Later, Scott.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »

I'm also outta here.  Hope to make it for the rest of the day, but we'll see.  Have a great rest of the day, all.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »

I'm also outta here.  Hope to make it for the rest of the day, but we'll see.  Have a great rest of the day, all.
See ya Joe!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2014, 03:25:41 PM »

Later Scotty!

sfish

« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2014, 03:27:19 PM »

Was just there yesterday, picked up two as a matter of fact...along with grapefruit vodka, orange vodka and pineapple rum....long story, but I was so embarrassed checking out...she didn't ask for my mancard luckily.
Did you get the Deep Eddy Grapefruit?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

My wife promised her mom she was going to stop drinking soda.  But apparently if she has a mixed drink, then it's ok.  So I recently had to pick up some raspberry vodka for her so that she could mix it with Sierra Mist.  (It appeared we went from craft beer to flavored vodka and I wanted to add my 2¢).

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2014, 03:49:52 PM »

My wife promised her mom she was going to stop drinking soda.  But apparently if she has a mixed drink, then it's ok.  So I recently had to pick up some raspberry vodka for her so that she could mix it with Sierra Mist.  (It appeared we went from craft beer to flavored vodka and I wanted to add my 2¢).

I have friends who do the same thing...but I also do the same thing, but I don't claim to quit...I just only have pop with cigars or booze.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22