CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/7/2014  (Read 50844 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/7/2014
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »

Morning, all.
I'll get this out of the way early, I had the Laguanita's Cappuccino Stout yesterday, not a bad "cheaper" brew
I've had one chilling in the basement fridge for about a month now.  Does it go well with a cigar?
I didn't smoke one with it yesterday but I can't see why it wouldn't given it's flavor profile. I think my favorite beer to smoke with is Ballast Point VaS
I asked for VaS and they were all out.  I'm curious about the pumpkin stuff but I hate the implication that summer is gone and we're already into fall.
Believe me, the saddest time of the year is the end of Summer for me. You must press onward though and fall is great with football season, hearty beers, playoff baseball and the start of the NHL season
I'll second that!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals. 
YOLO?
One of Shaun's more annoying favorites, You Only Live Once

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.
doesn't anybody type words out anymore. WTF.

Smartass. At least we all know this one. #FuckingOldPeople
that's me, just an old fuck.
..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Ha! Just joking, Deano. Just a counter to my last #tag.

Joe likes 'em.
seriously, I really am an old fuck.
At least you're fucking.  That's more than I can say for myself.
You want sympathy???   GFY!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

Has anyone had the Rogue Nut Brown Nectar beer?  I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, gonna give it a shot this weekend.

Not me.  Never really had a Rogue beer that I thought was as good or better as countless other beers available here so I've given up on them.  Scott talked of one of their IPAs being great, though, so I guess I'll give that one a shot.
Hmm, good to know.  I'll give it a shot this weekend and relay my findings...the Beard Beer seems to get a decent amount of traction, just doesn't sound like one I would enjoy.

sfish

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »

Has anyone had the Rogue Nut Brown Nectar beer?  I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, gonna give it a shot this weekend.

Thought I read someone tried Deans Nut Brown Nectar.
CNS

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
YOLO?

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.

..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.

Sounds like it would take some forethought to actually have it mean something. Kids don't have time for that. Hashtags are easier... and maybe they'll trend and make it look like they knew what they were doing. #CrossesFingers

I see it a lot on late night talk shows.  They'll want people to post something to twitter and hashtag it.  That way they can search by the hashtag instead of sorting through a million separate emails or whatever.  Not knocking the concept - it's no sillier than email seemed when it came about.  Or message boards.  Or private messages.  Or texts.  Just another way of communicating.

Oh, I understand the potential, but I thought we were just fuckin with YellaStar. Well, I was anyway. #GFY, Yella!
Fuckin while I was away! I had to come back to my computer, that knife in my back was just nagging me all morning!
You'll always get full frontal from me.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

Thought I read someone tried Deans Nut Brown Nectar.
Ohh sweet baby Jesus!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2014, 01:55:27 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.

Sounds like it would take some forethought to actually have it mean something. Kids don't have time for that. Hashtags are easier... and maybe they'll trend and make it look like they knew what they were doing. #CrossesFingers

I see it a lot on late night talk shows.  They'll want people to post something to twitter and hashtag it.  That way they can search by the hashtag instead of sorting through a million separate emails or whatever.  Not knocking the concept - it's no sillier than email seemed when it came about.  Or message boards.  Or private messages.  Or texts.  Just another way of communicating.

Oh, I understand the potential, but I thought we were just fuckin with YellaStar. Well, I was anyway. #GFY, Yella!
Fuckin while I was away! I had to come back to my computer, that knife in my back was just nagging me all morning!
You'll always get full frontal from me.
I appreciate that Dave!   ???

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2014, 01:55:57 PM »

Not me.  Never really had a Rogue beer that I thought was as good or better as countless other beers available here so I've given up on them.  Scott talked of one of their IPAs being great, though, so I guess I'll give that one a shot.
Hmm, good to know.  I'll give it a shot this weekend and relay my findings...the Beard Beer seems to get a decent amount of traction, just doesn't sound like one I would enjoy.

Haven't been drinking beer very long, though, so don't pay much attention to my opinions.  It's based on trying only a handful of Rogue beers and a relatively small sampling of everything else.  Rogue's stuff just never seems to live up to as good as it sounds it'll be.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »

If you already bought it, why the hell you asking now. Just drink the damn thing! #FuckinRookies

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »

If you already bought it, why the hell you asking now. Just drink the damn thing! #FuckinRookies

That, too.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »

#yolo?

sfish

« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.
seriously, I really am an old fuck.
At least you're fucking.  That's more than I can say for myself.
You want sympathy???   GFY!
Yeah, not to mention it's untrue. You fucked the small of my back according to you, I felt nothing

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »

Haven't been drinking beer very long, though, so don't pay much attention to my opinions.  It's based on trying only a handful of Rogue beers and a relatively small sampling of everything else.  Rogue's stuff just never seems to live up to as good as it sounds it'll be.
Yeah the micro scene is pretty new to me, too many options...couldn't imagine being in a state with the options you have.

sfish

« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2014, 02:00:52 PM »

Yeah I thought the Organic 7 Hop IPA was good and not that expensive ($7). The Dead Guy Ale is also good, other than I'm not a huge fan

sfish

« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »

Yeah the micro scene is pretty new to me, too many options...couldn't imagine being in a state with the options you have.
You must be used to few options though, you live in ND for god's sake
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22