CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/7/2014  (Read 50854 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/7/2014
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »

sorry, page refreshed like i hadn't posted message, sorry for the duplication.
The beauty of this site is that you can delete the post.  How are you, Flip?

That wouldn't be productive. Deleting posts = decreased post count.  ::)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals. 
YOLO?
One of Shaun's more annoying favorites, You Only Live Once

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.
doesn't anybody type words out anymore. WTF.

Smartass. At least we all know this one. #FuckingOldPeople
that's me, just an old fuck.
..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Ha! Just joking, Deano. Just a counter to my last #tag.

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.

Sounds like it would take some forethought to actually have it mean something. Kids don't have time for that. Hashtags are easier... and maybe they'll trend and make it look like they knew what they were doing. #CrossesFingers

I see it a lot on late night talk shows.  They'll want people to post something to twitter and hashtag it.  That way they can search by the hashtag instead of sorting through a million separate emails or whatever.  Not knocking the concept - it's no sillier than email seemed when it came about.  Or message boards.  Or private messages.  Or texts.  Just another way of communicating. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
YOLO?

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.

..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.

Sounds like it would take some forethought to actually have it mean something. Kids don't have time for that. Hashtags are easier... and maybe they'll trend and make it look like they knew what they were doing. #CrossesFingers
#makessense #Ithinkyouaregettingitnow

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »

+1!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

I see it a lot on late night talk shows.  They'll want people to post something to twitter and hashtag it.  That way they can search by the hashtag instead of sorting through a million separate emails or whatever.  Not knocking the concept - it's no sillier than email seemed when it came about.  Or message boards.  Or private messages.  Or texts.  Just another way of communicating.

Oh, I understand the potential, but I thought we were just fuckin with YellaStar. Well, I was anyway. #GFY, Yella!  ;D

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

#whateverdude

GFY!  LMAO!  J/K, LOL. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

Oh, I understand the potential, but I thought we were just fuckin with YellaStar. Well, I was anyway. #GFY, Yella!
Fuckin while I was away! I had to come back to my computer, that knife in my back was just nagging me all morning!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

Oh, I understand the potential, but I thought we were just fuckin with YellaStar. Well, I was anyway. #GFY, Yella!

I'm usually just fucking with anyone and everyone.  I don't take much here seriously at all.  Shame on someone if they do!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2014, 01:40:28 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

I'm usually just fucking with anyone and everyone.  I don't take much here seriously at all.  Shame on someone if they do!
I'M GONNA FUCKIN JUST UP AND LEAVE THIS PLACE!
#peanutbutterbeers #justkidding #loveeveryone #heretostay

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

Except for the Cigar and Beer stuff, right?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2014, 01:45:48 PM »

Has anyone had the Rogue Nut Brown Nectar beer?  I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, gonna give it a shot this weekend.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

Has anyone had the Rogue Nut Brown Nectar beer?  I picked up a bottle a few weeks ago, gonna give it a shot this weekend.

Not me.  Never really had a Rogue beer that I thought was as good or better as countless other beers available here so I've given up on them.  Scott talked of one of their IPAs being great, though, so I guess I'll give that one a shot.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

Except for the Cigar and Beer stuff, right?

Naturally.  Although there are a few peoples' opinions that mean very little to me since I know I don't share similar tastes with them... so I don't take them seriously.  No offense. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »

Thought I read someone tried Deans Nut Brown Nectar.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »

Right, can't have that now, can we!
I'm OK,
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22