CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/7/2014  (Read 50857 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 8/7/2014
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2014, 01:06:55 PM »

sorry, page refreshed like i hadn't posted message, sorry for the duplication.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »

Laughing out loud - but not really, it's all in my head - but I did find that post amusing.  Didn't he just say that?!  Or just a big time case of deja vu.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals. 
YOLO?
One of Shaun's more annoying favorites, You Only Live Once

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.
doesn't anybody type words out anymore. WTF.

Smartass. At least we all know this one. #FuckingOldPeople
that's me, just an old fuck.
..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Ha! Just joking, Deano. Just a counter to my last #tag.

Joe likes 'em.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »

hello Boys, Returned the rental car yesterday, got the old new car, bad news is i have to use at least 89 octane in the Lexus IS-250.  good thing I don't drive much.
I look at it this way: if you can afford a Lexus, you can afford to feed it.
it was a 2006 with 103000 miles on it, it was kinda cheap.  2500 under blue book.  they had totaled my 2007 Pontiac Torrent.  up until last week I had been driving around in an old 2001 Buick regal. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

shit! just found out I need a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!

Hey there, Bret. It's been a minute. Did ya take that other job?
Morning, Dave.  Haven't got the call yet.  If I don't hear from them today, I start figuring it's a no-go.  Got an interview for another position here at the state next Friday.

There's too many Daves around here, so you can just call me Steve. If not, Dave will work too.  8)
Sheeittt.  It's one of those mornings.  Sorry.

Easier to just never use a name, that way you're never wrong. Or make your screen name such that everyone assumes it's your real name, too.  Morning, Bret.

It's all good. Dave is a lot better than some of the other things I've been called.

dwgbryant

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
YOLO?

All of that sort of 'speak' is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Feel free to overuse it now.

..... and in 1971 I thought computers were fly by night and wouldn't amount to anything.

Joe likes 'em.
seriously, I really am an old fuck.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

You still might be right about that one.  For the record, I had to Google, "yolo" too.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2014, 01:17:48 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

You're only old if you can't do the things you want anymore and can't stop thinking about it. Of course, that could just be dementia. I forget.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

I understand the point of hashtags when trying to come up with some sort of campaign, or generating a mass conversation, but not when people do it in place of a sentence and the tags don't link or correlate to anything else.
#whateverdude

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »

The beauty of this site is that you can delete the post.  How are you, Flip?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.
At least you're fucking.  That's more than I can say for myself.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.
At least you're fucking.  That's more than I can say for myself.
Getting fucked is still fucking, just rape when it's not voluntary ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.

Sounds like it would take some forethought to actually have it mean something. Kids don't have time for that. Hashtags are easier... and maybe they'll trend and make it look like they knew what they were doing. #CrossesFingers

sfish

« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »

YOLO!
YOLO?

Joe likes 'em.
Thanks for the bulletin
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22