« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2014, 11:31:35 AM »

For the record, Dusty, GFY!
Wait, what'd I say?  :o
You implied that you'd rather be watching Chrissy Tiegen.  So you'll settle for hanging out here with us?!?

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

Morning, all.
I'll get this out of the way early, I had the Laguanita's Cappuccino Stout yesterday, not a bad "cheaper" brew
I've had one chilling in the basement fridge for about a month now.  Does it go well with a cigar?
I didn't smoke one with it yesterday but I can't see why it wouldn't given it's flavor profile. I think my favorite beer to smoke with is Ballast Point VaS
I asked for VaS and they were all out.  I'm curious about the pumpkin stuff but I hate the implication that summer is gone and we're already into fall.
Believe me, the saddest time of the year is the end of Summer for me. You must press onward though and fall is great with football season, hearty beers, playoff baseball and the start of the NHL season
I'm going to my first Yankees game of the season tomorrow night.  There was a time I had season tickets.  End of the season used to depress the heck out of me.  Not sure I give a shit anymore.

Was that last season that you were on TV?  Home run ball landing a row in front of you?
Right, he was too busy chomping on a Dirk Diggler to offer at the ball

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »

[...]

I got rid of my season tickets the year after they moved to the new stadium.  But that game you mentioned is probably the last game I attended.  I believe that was last year, but who knows?  Was that you're question?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 8/7/2014
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:29 AM »

For the record, Dusty, GFY!
Wait, what'd I say?  :o
You implied that you'd rather be watching Chrissy Tiegen.  So you'll settle for hanging out here with us?!?
Ha! Now that you mention it, this is true. What I meant at the time was the filter is fuckin' strange.  8)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »

[...]

Sure.  Stopped caring shortly after I asked, anyway.  There's another fast ball right down the middle...
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »

Morning, all.
I'll get this out of the way early, I had the Laguanita's Cappuccino Stout yesterday, not a bad "cheaper" brew

Fuck the haters.  Going in depth about beer is the same thing as going in depth about motorcycles, birds, golf, deadbeats, and whatever else.  I like the Cappuccino Stout - cheap, higher ABV.  I have some of their NightTime Ale in the fridge right now, actually.
I've looked at that several times but never bought it. Cases of Pumpkin beer are showing up on liquor store floors around here

The NightTime is PFG. You should try it... why the hell wouldn't you.  ;D
Sierra made a pretty good black ipa too. Got it in a 4way pack when I was looking for the Beer Camp.

Not a fan of the punkin stuff. Just don't care for punkin. Seasonal stouts and porters will be coming soon enough though. yippee! look at me! look at me!

haha
A friend of mine works at the local liquor store in town, I asked her about Ballast Point. The conversation lead to the Beer Camp 12 packs. She said they had 4 cases in stock and a guy from Asbury Park (1-1/2 hour drive) reserved it over the phone and drove up and bought it all

Yeah, seems like people go crazy for that release.  I've seen it everywhere here - grocery stores, liquor stores, Costco... very easy to find.  Or was, not sure if it's still floating around.  I thought about grabbing a 12 pack but figured I'd try all of this 'base' stuff first before getting in to the collaborations and whatnot.

Also, agreed with your VaS/cigar pairing thoughts - that's my favorite combo.  Others have been good but the VaS is subtle with all of it's flavors.  I do like some IPAs with milder cigars, though.  Gotta let either the beer (or whiskey, or whatever) take center stage, or the cigar.  Strong cigar and a strong beer doesn't always work for me.
Did you ever get around to trying the choc or espresso oak aged yeti? That will dominate anything

Haven't tried them. I've had them in my hands multiple times but I always find something else on my way to checking out.  I try not to buy more than a couple beers at any one time to keep them from building up.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »

[...]

Always find it funny, though, when the Padres ticket people start calling about season tickets.  Give me ONE good reason why I should commit to any large quantity of tickets to see that mess of a team?  Gotta turn down the Chargers each season, too, but that's because it costs $5,000,000 to take a family of four to a game.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »

shit! just found out I need a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

[...]

You should really try the choc, it seems right up your alley with that potent oak aged element you seem to like
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2014, 12:09:35 PM »

[...]

I should have some free time this afternoon between a medical exam and getting the kids.  The office is in the same shopping center as BevMo...

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »

shit! just found out I need a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

shit! just found out I need a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2014, 12:39:33 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals.
YOLO?

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »

Tiger currently at +3, a mere 8 shots back

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »

shit! just found out I neked a couple of surgical procedures done but talked the doctor into putting them off until I get into Florida. trying to find doctors in my area now. got a Rheumatologist set up for September. oh well, time for an Oval and water. fuck it.
YOLO!
Indeed.  Smoke TWO Ovals.
YOLO?
One of Shaun's more annoying favorites, You Only Live Once