CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: 8/6/2014  (Read 58566 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/6/2014
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »

Littlefish, could you kindly remove your MUWATs?  They're blocking the jam.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

Also, Don't know if GolfinDave posted alreay, but here's Wednesdays "Place" email... 5ers.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/keyword/ff50/a/catalog.search/PgStart/1/PAGERMAXITEMS/9999?utm_source=5Pack+Feeding+Frenzy+-+Aug+6%2C+2014+-+List-B&utm_campaign=Feeding+Frenzy+-+8%2F6%2F14+12pm+-+List+B&utm_medium=email

Thought of Dean on the Partagas Blacks... $14.37 a 5er. Also, FREE Shipping August 5th-12th.

Looks like he got quite a delivery, so he's probably out for any new purchases. Ah, well.

For some reason I was thinking that the prices shown on the site were after the discount (since that's how they were displayed in the email).  Just picked up two 5-ers of the Fuente Chateau Naturals for $12 each.  Between those and the OOO deal from earlier it's been a productive shopping day!  $1.85 per cigar, delivered!
Is there a promo code involved in the Cigar Place deal?

ff40

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2014, 02:00:17 PM »

Afternoon, all. Not a lot of time today for banter, but noticed a message and though the site had a spammer. lol

Anyway, thanks for the headsup on the OOO deal. No brainer there. 'Still processing' but hopeful.
Good afternoon Steve!

Sup, Yellow?
Psh, nothing.  Trying to sell my Monte Connoisseur Sampler...anyone want one?  I'll give ya a slammin deal?!?!
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/72073/montecristo-connoisseur-edition-collection/

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

Afternoon, all. Not a lot of time today for banter, but noticed a message and though the site had a spammer. lol

Anyway, thanks for the headsup on the OOO deal. No brainer there. 'Still processing' but hopeful.

They seem to be quick with adjusting it to out of stock if they're indeed sold out (re: automated inventory).  So good luck, haha.  Afternoon, Steve.

Hey ya, Joe. Know what you mean, but just so happened to get email confirmation and tracking number. Things are looking good.  8)
Now that's service!
Lori's cousin works there

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2014, 02:01:33 PM »

I like the BFs, little pricey tho when Papas Fritas are so close

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »

Also, Don't know if GolfinDave posted alreay, but here's Wednesdays "Place" email... 5ers.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/keyword/ff50/a/catalog.search/PgStart/1/PAGERMAXITEMS/9999?utm_source=5Pack+Feeding+Frenzy+-+Aug+6%2C+2014+-+List-B&utm_campaign=Feeding+Frenzy+-+8%2F6%2F14+12pm+-+List+B&utm_medium=email

Thought of Dean on the Partagas Blacks... $14.37 a 5er. Also, FREE Shipping August 5th-12th.

Looks like he got quite a delivery, so he's probably out for any new purchases. Ah, well.

For some reason I was thinking that the prices shown on the site were after the discount (since that's how they were displayed in the email).  Just picked up two 5-ers of the Fuente Chateau Naturals for $12 each.  Between those and the OOO deal from earlier it's been a productive shopping day!  $1.85 per cigar, delivered!

ff40
Thank You Steve!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

As long as you're willing to order them, I think there is no comparison with the budget Cubans.  The Por Larranaga Panetelas is $2.45-2.50/ea and is easily better than the PF, imo.  Obviously not a maduro, so if you specifically want the maduro flavor you're shit out of luck.  But if you just want an excellent tasting small smoke, I think there are a bevy of options quite a bit cheaper than the PF (and never cared a lick for the Bait Fish, but that's also fairly expensive). 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

Good afternoon Steve!

Sup, Yellow?
Psh, nothing.  Trying to sell my Monte Connoisseur Sampler...anyone want one?  I'll give ya a slammin deal?!?!
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samplers/72073/montecristo-connoisseur-edition-collection/

You're sellin? Sheesh. Thought you were upsizing the humi?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »

ff40
Thank You Steve!

Sure thing, New guy.  ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2014, 02:08:21 PM »

Good afternoon Steve!

Sup, Yellow?

Sellin to buy more...story of my life!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »

Speaking of Fritas... message me if they make the Jam. haha. 2 left. =(

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #356 on: August 06, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »

Good afternoon Steve!

Sup, Yellow?

Smoke more!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »

Good afternoon Steve!

Sup, Yellow?

Smoke more!
Ohh GFY...had 2 last night!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »

As long as you're willing to order them, I think there is no comparison with the budget Cubans.  The Por Larranaga Panetelas is $2.45-2.50/ea and is easily better than the PF, imo.

Need to try these and make an order some day. Still have yet to hit an ISOKW site.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »

Speaking of Fritas... message me if they make the Jam. haha. 2 left. =(

Will do.  There's been a lot of talk of PFs (and the LP9s) going flat after some age but I can't say I've experienced that personally.  Got some LP9s wtih almost three years on them and some PFs from when they first released, and while both have seen some of the typical effects of aging (smoother profile, reduction in strength), they're both still tasting fantastic.  I take that 'rumor' that they go bad to just be another example of people spreading crap they read on the internet and speaking as if it's truth or from personal experience. 

So if they come up, buy a hundred of them so you don't have to worry about running low any time soon, haha.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29