Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Absolutely.  But what shall we smoke.  Maybe something Floridian?-----AFoC-----Good evening Sir Antnee, Count of Canoli!  I think we should all smoke a nice Cuban cigar (no specific brand or vitola, just whatever you have) to welcome Dean to Florida.  Just MHO.
That sounds like a fine idea.  I think I still have a few.  In fact, I haven't yet smoked one from the Hoyo Epicure I split with Wenglish.  Let's set a date and I'll put it in the calendar.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/2/2014
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2014, 09:08:28 PM »

Best damn thing I've smoked in some time. Faith in cigars restored, for now.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

I'm not smoking nor herfing enough.  I really want to start using the calendar the way it was meant to be used.  I'll have to put my money where my mouth is and set something up, pronto.
Tony, as you probably already know, the calendar, by itself was never that helpful ... but add to that the Sympto-Thermal Method ... well now you HAVE something that is pretty effective.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »

Best damn thing I've smoked in some time. Faith in cigars restored, for now.
Congrats, Oy. What RyJ line/vitola is that?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 8/2/2014
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »

Best damn thing I've smoked in some time. Faith in cigars restored, for now.
Congrats, Oy. What RyJ line/vitola is that?
short Churchill

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »

I'm not smoking nor herfing enough.  I really want to start using the calendar the way it was meant to be used.  I'll have to put my money where my mouth is and set something up, pronto.
Tony, as you probably already know, the calendar, by itself was never that helpful ... but add to that the Sympto-Thermal Method ... well now you HAVE something that is pretty effective.
Huh?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »

I'm not smoking nor herfing enough.  I really want to start using the calendar the way it was meant to be used.  I'll have to put my money where my mouth is and set something up, pronto.
Tony, as you probably already know, the calendar, by itself was never that helpful ... but add to that the Sympto-Thermal Method ... well now you HAVE something that is pretty effective.
Huh?
The Calendar or Rhythm method of naturally spacing births, often blamed for the large size of Catholic families vs the Sympto-Thermo method also known as Natural Family Planning (NFP), which has been found to be highly effective with the added bonus that there is also a very low divorce rate among couples who practice it (because it promotes communication & mutual respect between husband & wife).  After I dropped the joke I just read a good article on it. There's also an even more refined version that's also been very effective in helping use the same tools to help infertile couples to conceive naturally.  Developed by an OB/GYN in Omaha, NE., Thomas W. Hilgers, MD, called NaPro Technology ... associated with Creighton University. (in case anyone is interested or know someone who could be helped by this info.)
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »

Best damn thing I've smoked in some time. Faith in cigars restored, for now.
Congrats, Oy. What RyJ line/vitola is that?
short Churchill
Back to cigars ... One of the best ISoKW smokes I've had was a black & silver labeled corona given to me by a German journalist based in DC who could get them legally through the German Embassy.  It lasted at least 40 minutes & it was wonderful!

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »

[...]
LOL.  I was too lazy to Google it.  I should have known that.  Anyhoo, I'm all about abstinence.  :)
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »

[...]
Not on purpose though.

« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »

[...]
What's choice have to do work it?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »

[...]
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »

Had a real nice JdN 1970 Antano toro yesterday with coffee & a side of bourbon ... nice late afternoon treat.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

Sorry, I didn't greet everyone. Evening all y'all.  I wanted to let you know about a nice cigar dinner my blind CiL Gene invited me to Thursday evening.  He has a group of 4-5 guys that meet to herf on Tuesday evenings on his deck for adult beverages & fine smokes.  One of them (most lawyers) has a country club membership which hosted the event.  Members were allowed to invite guests which is how riff raff like me got through the door of the sumptuous club house onto the white canopy covered patio.  Walking out, the bar was setup to the right with some excellent bourbons, scotches, rye, etc.  Beer available also.  After getting your drink, next was the cigar table where the regional Davidoff rep or local B&M sponsor would toast your Camacho Ecuadoran Habano (blue label).  While we are mingling, puffing, sipping waitstaff are bringing about finger food (see how I shied away from having to spell Horse Devors?), including real fresh fried shrimp (not some frozen mush).  Then, first course of Crab Imperial is served (this is just north of Baltimore, so this is the real stuff), then chopped salad, steak dinner (salmon for me), wine, dessert table (didn't hit that until my way out).  After the main course, a cigar bag with two new cigars & plastic cutter were brought to the tables by the two reps with a brief description of the second & third cigars with some encouragement to light up #2 with some port, coffee or more scotch.  The Johnny Walker Black 12 year was tasting remarkably good, so I went with that.  Second cigar was an AVO TA Maduro (only available at 75 B&Ms nationally), #3 was a Room
 101 The Big Payback.  Camacho was excellent beyond my expectations, so was the AVO.  It was one of those evenings, great weather, beautiful views of the golf course, and good company with interesting and witty guys.  Some of them buy from CI, while also supporting the B&M & a couple have been to CFest in the past.

« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2014, 11:20:07 PM »

Very cool, Sly.  Please send my regards to Gene, the next time you talk to him.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14