CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 2/13/2023  (Read 1068 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 2/13/2023
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »

Page 2 Raz!  How was your weekend?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2023, 11:42:00 AM »

Don't know if you got these or not...
Didn't figure I needed to picture Springer, Gabriel or Jackson.
Jackson wasn't on my list. I know of him but wouldn't recognize him.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2023, 11:50:42 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 7
Nine. I should have recalled Bo Svenson, but couldn't put name to face.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2023, 11:59:56 AM »

... Playing in their home stadium, the Los Angeles Rams beat the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20 in the Super Bowl.

Interesting that the last two Superbowls ended with a difference of only a field goal. Beats the heck out of watching a blowout. That's my opinion, anyway.
I agree.

Purely from a football perspective, yesterday's game was superb. Both teams were highly disciplined, there was very little  "chippiness," few injuries, not a lot of mistakes or mental lapses (other than the Hurts fumble) and the game really came down to coaching, play design, and execution. There were only two controversial calls from officials that I recall, and for one of them the Philly player who got tagged admitted after the game it was a legitimate call.

That was clean football, all things considered.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2023, 12:00:28 PM »

Page 2 Raz!  How was your weekend?
Lazy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2023, 12:02:20 PM »

... Playing in their home stadium, the Los Angeles Rams beat the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20 in the Super Bowl.

Interesting that the last two Superbowls ended with a difference of only a field goal. Beats the heck out of watching a blowout. That's my opinion, anyway.
I agree.

Purely from a football perspective, yesterday's game was superb. Both teams were highly disciplined, there was very little  "chippiness," few injuries, not a lot of mistakes or mental lapses (other than the Hurts fumble) and the game really came down to coaching, play design, and execution. There were only two controversial calls from officials that I recall, and for one of them the Philly player who got tagged admitted after the game it was a legitimate call.

Well said. I really enjoyed it. Back on the diet today though.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2023, 12:07:41 PM »

I agree.

Especially considering how generally terrible the officiating was this year overall.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »

Terrible officiating lull?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2023, 04:35:41 PM »

Morning, Tony. Planned on getting up to work a couple hours before the electrician got here and shut me down, but I woke up in the middle of the night with whatever the Japanese buffet's version of Montezuma's revenge is. Hiroshima's revenge? Youngest stayed home from school with a stomach ache, so she's feeling it as well.

Electrician should be here in 45.
Oh no you ate the mystery meat.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2023, 04:39:46 PM »

I agree.

Well said. I really enjoyed it. Back on the diet today though.
I made the observation watching the game that KC got better as the season went on and the Bills got worse.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2023, 05:40:51 PM »

Morning, Tony. Planned on getting up to work a couple hours before the electrician got here and shut me down, but I woke up in the middle of the night with whatever the Japanese buffet's version of Montezuma's revenge is. Hiroshima's revenge? Youngest stayed home from school with a stomach ache, so she's feeling it as well.

I think in this case, it was the chicken on a stick. It's the only thing the 2 of us ate that no one else did.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »

I think in this case, it was the chicken on a stick. It's the only thing the 2 of us ate that no one else did.
Which is painfully ironic, since I chose that because their bourbon chicken looked undercooked.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2023, 09:07:33 PM »

I agree.

Agreed.  Football game was good (except my team didn't win   :-\)  Field made it look like they were playing on ice though.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2023, 09:08:21 PM »

Which is painfully ironic, since I chose that because their bourbon chicken looked undercooked.
It wasn't the fluorescent pink pork?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4