Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 10:44:47 AM »

Been on the phone for the last hour and a half trying to straighten out a bill payment.
Got an email from the gas company that they were going to cut off my gas today for lack of payment.
Payment has been scheduled on my bank site for the proper time.

So starts the phone calls....

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 10:45:54 AM »

FYI - today is National Eat What You Want Day. So have it!
I was looking for an excuse to have lunch delivered.

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 10:47:24 AM »

Been on the phone for the last hour and a half trying to straighten out a bill payment.
Got an email from the gas company that they were going to cut off my gas today for lack of payment.
Payment has been scheduled on my bank site for the proper time.

So starts the phone calls....
This is why I refuse to use my bank's bill pay service. I don't like the idea of someone else being responsible for sending my money out. Cause if something happens, I'm the one getting screwed, not the bank.

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »

First gas company...
Called and said I had scheduled payment.  They said they had a lot of customers that have had that problem this month, had checked on it and no trouble on their end...
my thought...if there are a lot of people, why are you just assuming it's all of them and not investigate further....and who threatens to cut off services after one month missed payment?

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2022, 10:51:01 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »

First gas company...
Called and said I had scheduled payment.  They said they had a lot of customers that have had that problem this month, had checked on it and no trouble on their end...
my thought...if there are a lot of people, why are you just assuming it's all of them and not investigate further....and who threatens to cut off services after one month missed payment?
That does seem fast. Though, I'm lucky enough to have never had that be an issue, so I don't really know how long that process normally takes.

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »

First gas company...
Called and said I had scheduled payment.  They said they had a lot of customers that have had that problem this month, had checked on it and no trouble on their end...
my thought...if there are a lot of people, why are you just assuming it's all of them and not investigate further....and who threatens to cut off services after one month missed payment?
For the banter's sake, just don't have the same issue with your internet provider. Sheesh.

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2022, 10:54:11 AM »

Now for the fun part....call the bank...
After wading through multiple steps of computer queries,  finally get a live person, not that I could understand him...
He said there was no money deducted from the account.  Yes, I know but the account says payment was scheduled and made for April 25....ok, xfer call to another department, from Indian to Asian accent...then another transfer to another Asian accent that I could at least understand.
She at least understood what I was saying and was able to see the same thing in the account.  Investigation ticket started, they'll get back to me in three or four days...

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2022, 10:57:13 AM »

Now for the fun part....call the bank...
After wading through multiple steps of computer queries,  finally get a live person, not that I could understand him...
He said there was no money deducted from the account.  Yes, I know but the account says payment was scheduled and made for April 25....ok, xfer call to another department, from Indian to Asian accent...then another transfer to another Asian accent that I could at least understand.
She at least understood what I was saying and was able to see the same thing in the account.  Investigation ticket started, they'll get back to me in three or four days...
Hope you're not planning on cooking anything until then! :D

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2022, 10:59:00 AM »

Now don't think of myself as a xenophobe, but I would prefer to have someone at a call center that can speak and understand english beyond reading from a script.  When it comes to credit cards and banking, I would prefer not to be giving critical information to call centers in India and Asia...(two of the three or four top hacking countries).

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2022, 10:59:50 AM »

Now for the fun part....call the bank...
After wading through multiple steps of computer queries,  finally get a live person, not that I could understand him...
He said there was no money deducted from the account.  Yes, I know but the account says payment was scheduled and made for April 25....ok, xfer call to another department, from Indian to Asian accent...then another transfer to another Asian accent that I could at least understand.
She at least understood what I was saying and was able to see the same thing in the account.  Investigation ticket started, they'll get back to me in three or four days...
Hope you're not planning on cooking anything until then! :D
I'll build a fire out in the back alley.

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2022, 11:04:40 AM »

Now don't think of myself as a xenophobe, but I would prefer to have someone at a call center that can speak and understand english beyond reading from a script.  When it comes to credit cards and banking, I would prefer not to be giving critical information to call centers in India and Asia...(two of the three or four top hacking countries).
That sounds reasonable enough.

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2022, 11:07:37 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.
Three yellows and a green on the first guess.  I HAVE to solve this in two.

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2022, 11:10:04 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.
Three yellows and a green on the first guess.  I HAVE to solve this in two.
The tension mounts!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6