CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 2/24/2022  (Read 2559 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 2/24/2022
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2022, 11:50:17 AM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2022, 12:12:03 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2022, 12:27:07 PM »

SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2022, 12:30:49 PM »

4 boy now?
Well, since sometime around 3am. 

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2022, 12:56:19 PM »

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2022, 01:30:57 PM »

4 boy now?
Well, since sometime around 3am. 

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.
Does that mean the wife has been leaving you alone at night again? Lol

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2022, 02:20:39 PM »

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I heard that same conversation on the news last night. Russia isn't Germany. Putin isn't Hitler. Biden isn't Chamberlain. maybe that guy ought to quit parroting MSNBC or CNN or whatever.
did he say anything about China waiting to see everybody's weaknesses?
did he say anything about opening internment camps?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2022, 02:21:42 PM »

Hazzuh!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »

Up to 72 lovely degrees.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2022, 02:53:05 PM »

I believe you are correct in your position.  Very different scenario, aside from invading a neighboring country under silly pretext, not much in common with Germany.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »

I heard that same conversation on the news last night. Russia isn't Germany. Putin isn't Hitler. Biden isn't Chamberlain. maybe that guy ought to quit parroting MSNBC or CNN or whatever.
Never thought I'd see the day when Republicans were praising a Russian dictator and helping justify his actions.  Regan must be rolling in his grave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2022, 03:13:13 PM »

Never thought I'd see the day when Republicans were praising a Russian dictator and helping justify his actions.  Regan must be rolling in his grave.
This whole thing is pretty messed up. I really wonder how long before we are heavily engaged in this.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2022, 03:56:13 PM »

On to #2.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2022, 04:02:30 PM »

On to #2.
Please send us up some of that warm air.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »

Other than Trump, I hadn't seen anything that could be construed this way - and Trump was taken out of context.  Who else is doing it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6