Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.

SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.
Well, since sometime around 3am.

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.

SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.
Well, since sometime around 3am.

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.
Does that mean the wife has been leaving you alone at night again? Lol

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I heard that same conversation on the news last night. Russia isn't Germany. Putin isn't Hitler. Biden isn't Chamberlain. maybe that guy ought to quit parroting MSNBC or CNN or whatever.
did he say anything about China waiting to see everybody's weaknesses?
did he say anything about opening internment camps?

Hazzuh!

Up to 72 lovely degrees.

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I believe you are correct in your position.  Very different scenario, aside from invading a neighboring country under silly pretext, not much in common with Germany.

[...]

Never thought I'd see the day when Republicans were praising a Russian dictator and helping justify his actions.  Regan must be rolling in his grave.

[...]

This whole thing is pretty messed up. I really wonder how long before we are heavily engaged in this.

On to #2.

On to #2.
Please send us up some of that warm air.

[...]

Other than Trump, I hadn't seen anything that could be construed this way - and Trump was taken out of context.  Who else is doing it?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6