Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Sally Kellerman dead at 84.

dinner time. just cheese ravioli.
Do you "roll your own," or get 'em frozen?
frozen. cheese filled only.

Sally Kellerman dead at 84.
Had to look her up. I never would've gotten her on a birthday list.

I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I heard that same conversation on the news last night. Russia isn't Germany. Putin isn't Hitler. Biden isn't Chamberlain. maybe that guy ought to quit parroting MSNBC or CNN or whatever.
did he say anything about China waiting to see everybody's weaknesses?
did he say anything about opening internment camps?
Never thought I'd see the day when Republicans were praising a Russian dictator and helping justify his actions.  Regan must be rolling in his grave.
Other than Trump, I hadn't seen anything that could be construed this way - and Trump was taken out of context.  Who else is doing it?
I see a lot of Republicans condemning Joe Biden, which is arguably unfair, and calling Putin a thug, among other things, but I see none praising Putin or justifying him.  I must be missing something.
That infighting is something that emboldens Putin and others, independent of Trump nuttiness.

A remarkable Republican statement on the Ukraine invasion
By Analysis by Chris Cillizza

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2524960683860/a-remarkable-republican-statement-on-the-ukraine-invasion

[...]

Mike Pompeo, JD Vance in Ohio, Matt Gaetz,  Jordan, Meadows,  Dana Rohrabacher  and while not a politician, Tucker Carlson.
Wow.  I obviously don't follow most of these people.  I'll look it up.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]