CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: 11/21/2017  (Read 4575 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/21/2017
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

Evening/afternoon, all! SC Redfish, I enjoyed the My Father flor de las antillas the other night that you gifted me 8 or 9 months ago. :) Thanks for that!

Threebean, you asked the other day what area of law I plan to get into. Answer is I have no clue! I'm just hoping I'll make it into the bar at this point! I haven't really been job hunting. I thought at one point I'd try to go the public defender route to gain trial experience before going solo. I've also thought seriously about civil litigation of one sort of another. Family law is an option too. Time will tell!

Hope everyone is doing well! I know it's late but maybe a straggler or two is lurking...
Evening Shank, glad you enjoyed the FDLA.   Been a good while since I smoked one of those.

Been to happy hour with the lawyer.  He would probably tell you to consider the prosecutor or solicitor route for a couple of years if you want a steady salary and good experience.

Threebean

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »

Evening/afternoon, all! SC Redfish, I enjoyed the My Father flor de las antillas the other night that you gifted me 8 or 9 months ago. :) Thanks for that!

Threebean, you asked the other day what area of law I plan to get into. Answer is I have no clue! I'm just hoping I'll make it into the bar at this point! I haven't really been job hunting. I thought at one point I'd try to go the public defender route to gain trial experience before going solo. I've also thought seriously about civil litigation of one sort of another. Family law is an option too. Time will tell!

Hope everyone is doing well! I know it's late but maybe a straggler or two is lurking...
Lurking indeed.  Being a small business owner I've had to avail myself of that type lawyer a time or two.  Not very exciting or glamorous, but they seem to make good money! 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 11:32:10 PM »

Always had to laugh at the oxymoron of family law. I know it encompasses more, but the bulk is still divorce....or anti-family.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »

I'll save David Cassidy news for tomorrow...RIP.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »

I'll save David Cassidy news for tomorrow...RIP.
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty young too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]