Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »

btw - wait until that Powerball winner gets the bill from the police department.
Good point!

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.
Your brother-in-law will be busy for a while. Lots of OT.
I'm sure.
Would have made sense to get a couple of the wives together to keep each other company during this...

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »

24 hour rain totals in this area of Austin average around 5-6" but just east of here they are double to triple that.  Not more than 75 miles northwest of here they are at or near 0".
my baby sister is in Bastrop. her husband is a lineman and she was left home alone freaking out with their dog.
Your brother-in-law will be busy for a while. Lots of OT.
I'm sure.
Would have made sense to get a couple of the wives together to keep each other company during this...
Would have made even more sense to pay attention 4-5 days ago and plan ahead.

If across the highway from the river or on the high ground northeast of the river they don't have much to worry about.

If they live in Tahition Village then they are too late to worry about it now.

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 09:27:32 AM »

Funniest hurricane headline (from the Houston Chronicle)

 Texans driving their jacked-up trucks during Hurricane are not helping

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 09:31:10 AM »

Guess I will take the dogs out while the rain has slacked up a bit

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2017, 09:53:34 AM »

Guess I will take the dogs out while the rain has slacked up a bit
Done, really not raining much at all but the damn wind is blowing it so hard it feels like heavy rain.

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

Phrase of the Day:

 "Epic Catastrophic Flooding"

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »

A Few Of The Wisest Thoughts For The Day:

Build and Live On High Ground!

Spend a just few hours and study the elevations and flood tables before buying land or a house!  If you don't have time or know how then pay a surveyor to do it for you, it is cheaper than flood insurance or damage.

EVACUATE BEFORE IT FLOODS NOT AFTER!

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2017, 10:23:30 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.
Sounds like a fine starter Dean.

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.
Sounds like a hearty breakfast but what about the meat?

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

A Few Of The Wisest Thoughts For The Day:

Build and Live On High Ground!

Spend a just few hours and study the elevations and flood tables before buying land or a house!  If you don't have time or know how then pay a surveyor to do it for you, it is cheaper than flood insurance or damage.

EVACUATE BEFORE IT FLOODS NOT AFTER!
See! Texans are getting smarter already.  I'll ignore the big truck piece.

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.
Sounds like a hearty breakfast but what about the meat?
rack of ribs slow cooking on the grill for tonight, saving myself.

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.
Sounds like a hearty breakfast but what about the meat?
rack of ribs slow cooking on the grill for tonight, saving myself.
Now you are talking, that sounds mighty damn good!

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »

mushroom and spinach omelet, buscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns.
Sounds like a hearty breakfast but what about the meat?
rack of ribs slow cooking on the grill for tonight, saving myself.
Now you are talking, that sounds mighty damn good!
I think we are going to fix spaghetti and meatballs for lunch.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6