CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 24, 2022, 12:57:12 AM

Title: 2/24/2022
Post by: CigarBanter on February 24, 2022, 12:57:12 AM
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: bluecollar on February 24, 2022, 05:46:14 AM
Good morning. The CAO gold is a good cigar at that price.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 05:59:30 AM
Joe:

CAO Gold Robusto - 10/29.99
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 06:00:47 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Rocky Patel Sun Grown Sixty (Gordo) - 10/49.99

Door #2 - Oliva Top Ten Sampler II - 10/39.99

  Oliva Top Ten Sampler II contains:
    2 x Oliva Serie 'G' Toro (6.0"x50)
    2 x Oliva Master Blends III Robusto (5.0"x50)
    2 x Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto (5.0"x50)
    2 x Oliva Serie 'O' Robusto Maduro (5.0"x50)
    2 x Oliva Connecticut Reserve Robusto (5.0"x50)

Door #3 - Torano Noventa Santiago (Robusto) - 10/24.99
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 06:01:32 AM
Good morning. The CAO gold is a good cigar at that price.
Getting harder and harder to find a decent $3 cigar these days.

Morning, Richard, and the rest of youse guys. Happy PayDayThursday.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:24:21 AM
good morning Rick and Dave. getting ready to head out for a wonderful visit to my rheumatologist followed by a great 2 hour infusion. probably fight the crowds at Cracker Barrel for brunch.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 06:33:23 AM
good morning Rick and Dave. getting ready to head out for a wonderful visit to my rheumatologist followed by a great 2 hour infusion. probably fight the crowds at Cracker Barrel for brunch.
It should be no problem, you should practically have super powers by the time your infusion is done.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:45:36 AM
good morning Rick and Dave. getting ready to head out for a wonderful visit to my rheumatologist followed by a great 2 hour infusion. probably fight the crowds at Cracker Barrel for brunch.
It should be no problem, you should practically have super powers by the time your infusion is done.
I wish. usually takes three days for any improvement and lucky if it lasts two weeks.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 07:00:47 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 07:08:52 AM
good morning Rick and Dave. getting ready to head out for a wonderful visit to my rheumatologist followed by a great 2 hour infusion. probably fight the crowds at Cracker Barrel for brunch.
It should be no problem, you should practically have super powers by the time your infusion is done.
I wish. usually takes three days for any improvement and lucky if it lasts two weeks.
That's a real kick in the shorts.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 07:09:05 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dave, and Dean.
And to you as well, Mayor Tony.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 07:23:45 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: bluecollar on February 24, 2022, 07:25:05 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 07:27:58 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 07:42:34 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: bluecollar on February 24, 2022, 07:51:14 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Yes, we are short handed. I'm training another new guy. He has potential but he came from one boiler room and does not know refrigeration.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 07:53:38 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 07:54:43 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Yes, we are short handed. I'm training another new guy. He has potential but he came from one boiler room and does not know refrigeration.
A good work ethic and willingness to learn is everything.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: bluecollar on February 24, 2022, 08:41:38 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Yes, we are short handed. I'm training another new guy. He has potential but he came from one boiler room and does not know refrigeration.
A good work ethic and willingness to learn is everything.
He's been here everyday since his hire  so that's an improvement. Last new guy stopped showing up.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 08:53:13 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Yes, we are short handed. I'm training another new guy. He has potential but he came from one boiler room and does not know refrigeration.
A good work ethic and willingness to learn is everything.
He's been here everyday since his hire  so that's an improvement. Last new guy stopped showing up.
Easy to shine when the last guy set the bar so low.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 09:01:28 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, and Deano. Have a good morning. I'm dragging just a bit.
You pulled a double yesterday? I'm running to the kitchen now for my first cup of joe.
Yes, we are short handed. I'm training another new guy. He has potential but he came from one boiler room and does not know refrigeration.
A good work ethic and willingness to learn is everything.
He's been here everyday since his hire  so that's an improvement. Last new guy stopped showing up.
Easy to shine when the last guy set the bar so low.
That's my strategy.  ;)
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:05:29 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
Already 62 here.  Come on down Tony!
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:05:58 AM
Morning Mayor Tony, Dave, Rick and Dean.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:06:26 AM
Thanks for keeping the Russians from invading the Banter Tony.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:08:26 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:11:47 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Be sure to pick out something nice to wear for picture day.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:19:45 AM
Today is Thursday, Feb. 24, the 55th day of 2022.
There are 310 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Feb. 24, 1942, the SS Struma, a charter ship attempting to carry nearly 800 Jewish refugees from Romania to British-mandated Palestine, was torpedoed by a Soviet submarine in the Black Sea; all but one of the refugees perished.

On this date:

In 1803, in its Marbury v. Madison decision, the Supreme Court established judicial review of the constitutionality of statutes.

In 1868, the U.S. House of Representatives impeached President Andrew Johnson by a vote of 126-47 following his attempted dismissal of Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton; Johnson was later acquitted by the Senate.

In 1981, a jury in White Plains, New York, found Jean Harris guilty of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of “Scarsdale Diet” author Dr. Herman Tarnower. (Sentenced to 15 years to life in prison, Harris was granted clemency by New York Gov. Mario Cuomo in December 1992.)

In 1986, the Supreme Court struck down, 6-3, an Indianapolis ordinance that would have allowed women injured by someone who had seen or read pornographic material to sue the maker or seller of that material.

In 1988, in a ruling that expanded legal protections for parody and satire, the Supreme Court unanimously overturned a $150,000 award that the Rev. Jerry Falwell had won against Hustler magazine and its publisher, Larry Flynt.

In 1989, a state funeral was held in Japan for Emperor Hirohito, who had died the month before at age 87.

In 1993, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney (muhl-ROO’-nee) resigned after more than eight years in office.

In 2002, the Salt Lake City Olympics came to a close, the same day Canada won its first hockey gold in 50 years (the U.S. won silver) and three cross-country skiers were thrown out of the games for using a performance-enhancing drug.

In 2008, Cuba’s parliament named Raul Castro president, ending nearly 50 years of rule by his brother Fidel.

In 2011, Discovery, the world’s most traveled spaceship, thundered into orbit for the final time, heading toward the International Space Station on a journey marking the beginning of the end of the shuttle era.

In 2015, the Justice Department announced that George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin in a 2012 confrontation, would not face federal charges.

In 2020, former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was convicted in New York on charges of rape and sexual assault involving two women. (Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in state prison.)
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 10:19:55 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Yes sir. Planning to go in tomorrow. In fact, I am in a meeting now where they are proposing back to normal April 1st... I do not believe this is a joke.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:21:01 AM
Ten years ago: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, in Tunisia for a conference on Syria, called Russia and China “despicable” for opposing U.N. action aimed at stopping the bloodshed caused by the Damascus regime’s crackdown on an anti-government uprising. Jan Berenstain, 88, who with her husband, Stan, wrote and illustrated the Berenstain Bears books, died in Solebury Township, Pennsylvania.

Five years ago: Vice President Mike Pence assured the Republican Jewish Coalition meeting in Las Vegas that he and President Donald Trump would work tirelessly on foreign and domestic issues important to the group, such as enacting business-friendly policies at home and supporting Israel abroad.

One year ago: The acting head of the Capitol Police acknowledged to a House panel that the department had intelligence warning of a “significant likelihood for violence” on Jan. 6 but said officers were not prepared for the insurrection that would follow. Lady Gaga’s dog walker was shot and two of the singer’s French bulldogs were stolen in Hollywood during what police described as an armed robbery; the singer offered a $500,000 reward for the return of her dogs. (The dogs were recovered unharmed two days later; five people would be charged either with carrying out the attack or as alleged accomplices.) Palm Beach County defied Florida’s governor and refused to lower its flags for a day in honor of the late conservative broadcaster Rush Limbaugh; flags at the state Capitol and in the Town of Palm Beach were lowered.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:23:58 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-singer Dominic Chianese (kee-uh-NAY’-see) is 91.
Opera singer-director Renata Scotto is 88.
Singer Joanie Sommers is 81.
Actor Jenny O’Hara is 80.
Former Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., is 80.
Actor Barry Bostwick is 77.
Actor Edward James Olmos is 75.
Singer-writer-producer Rupert Holmes is 75.
Rock singer-musician George Thorogood is 72.
Actor Debra Jo Rupp is 71.
Actor Helen Shaver is 71.
News anchor Paula Zahn is 66.
Baseball Hall of Famer Eddie Murray is 66.
Country singer Sammy Kershaw is 64.
Actor Mark Moses is 64.
Actor Beth Broderick is 63.
Actor Emilio Rivera is 61.
Singer Michelle Shocked is 60.
Movie director Todd Field is 58.
Actor Billy Zane is 56.
Actor Bonnie Somerville is 48.
Jazz musician Jimmy Greene is 47.
Former boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is 45.
Rock musician Matt McGinley (Gym Class Heroes) is 39.
Actor Wilson Bethel is 38.
Actor Alexander Koch is 34.
Actor Daniel Kaluuya (Film: “Get Out”) is 33.
Rapper-actor O’Shea Jackson Jr. is 31
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:24:23 AM
Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 9
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 10:25:12 AM
Page 3 ready for Raz arrival.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 10:29:58 AM
Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 9
Nailed it again, 7.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 10:30:21 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Yes sir. Planning to go in tomorrow. In fact, I am in a meeting now where they are proposing back to normal April 1st... I do not believe this is a joke.
That's a damn shame.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 10:34:17 AM
Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 9
6, for me.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 10:35:24 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Yes sir. Planning to go in tomorrow. In fact, I am in a meeting now where they are proposing back to normal April 1st... I do not believe this is a joke.
That's a damn shame.
For now it is on a voluntary basis. But there definitely is a push for returning to normalcy.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 10:39:55 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Yes sir. Planning to go in tomorrow. In fact, I am in a meeting now where they are proposing back to normal April 1st... I do not believe this is a joke.
That's a damn shame.
For now it is on a voluntary basis. But there definitely is a push for returning to normalcy.
Too bad they didn't have the meeting on Tuesday, you could've told them to GFT.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 11:12:07 AM
No PayDay here but still a bit closer to the weekend. Amazing how cold it got, so quickly. I took a walk yesterday in just a shirt after my workday was done and it was nearly 70°. It's currently 27°.
It's ridiculous, is what it is. Snow trying to fall here right now, but not having much success so far.
We're not expecting any snow until 11:PM. And then it will be just enough to make the morning commute sloppy.
For your ride into the city?
Yes sir. Planning to go in tomorrow. In fact, I am in a meeting now where they are proposing back to normal April 1st... I do not believe this is a joke.
That's a damn shame.
For now it is on a voluntary basis. But there definitely is a push for returning to normalcy.
Don't know what that is any more.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 11:24:19 AM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 11:26:45 AM
Dunbarton Stillwell Star cigars have made a reappearance after initial sellout.  These are the ones made with pipe tobacco.  Good cigars, but can't say I was impressed, especially for the price.  From a sampler I got, only the #1 had a real sense of pipe tobacco (not being a pipe smoker)
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 11:31:06 AM
Morning Mayor Tony, Dave, Rick and Dean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 11:43:55 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 11:44:31 AM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 11:47:19 AM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Morning, JustInTimeRaz.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 11:47:39 AM
[...]

Looks like TD the Greek nailed it today. 9
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 11:50:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Bret.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 12:12:03 PM
Morning, muchachos.
morning Bret.
Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 12:27:07 PM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 12:30:49 PM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.
Well, since sometime around 3am.

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 12:56:19 PM
I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 01:30:57 PM
SleepingInRaz going to migrate to being a page
4 boy now?
I did oversleep, but I made it to page 3.
Good that you're sleeping any way. Howdy, Bret.
Well, since sometime around 3am.

But yes, lately sleep patterns have been more normal.
Does that mean the wife has been leaving you alone at night again? Lol
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 02:20:39 PM
I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I heard that same conversation on the news last night. Russia isn't Germany. Putin isn't Hitler. Biden isn't Chamberlain. maybe that guy ought to quit parroting MSNBC or CNN or whatever.
did he say anything about China waiting to see everybody's weaknesses?
did he say anything about opening internment camps?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 02:21:42 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 02:27:09 PM
Up to 72 lovely degrees.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 02:53:05 PM
I've been having a long exchange on Facebook with a friend of mine about events in the Ukraine, with him taking the position that "Putin is just like Hitler and with every passing day becomes more dangerous and should be stopped now but Biden is a coward like Neville Chamberlain was" and me taking the position, essentially, that "This ain't 1936, Russia ain't Germany, and direct military action against Russia could lead to dire consequences (especially if it is successful, which it likely would be given Russia doesn't have the economy to support sustained conventional warfare with the US)."

But man, it really galls me to use the same words the appeasers used to justify inaction against Hitler.
I believe you are correct in your position.  Very different scenario, aside from invading a neighboring country under silly pretext, not much in common with Germany.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 02:56:30 PM
[...]

Never thought I'd see the day when Republicans were praising a Russian dictator and helping justify his actions.  Regan must be rolling in his grave.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 03:13:13 PM
[...]

This whole thing is pretty messed up. I really wonder how long before we are heavily engaged in this.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 03:56:13 PM
On to #2.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 24, 2022, 04:02:30 PM
On to #2.
Please send us up some of that warm air.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 05:31:12 PM
[...]

Other than Trump, I hadn't seen anything that could be construed this way - and Trump was taken out of context.  Who else is doing it?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 05:47:41 PM
well, I applied for a parttime job with Citrus County and I have an interview Monday morning for dispatching their public transportation.

https://www.citrusbocc.com/departments/community_services/transit_services/index.php
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 05:55:14 PM
[...]

I know a few morning news shows like MSNBC, especially Morning Joe and Rev. Sharpton, and CNN are blaming Trump for Russia invading the Ukraine
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 05:57:29 PM
[...]

I see a lot of Republicans condemning Joe Biden, which is arguably unfair, and calling Putin a thug, among other things, but I see none praising Putin or justifying him.  I must be missing something.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 05:58:27 PM
well, I applied for a parttime job with Citrus County and I have an interview Monday morning for dispatching their public transportation.

https://www.citrusbocc.com/departments/community_services/transit_services/index.php
10-4, good buddy.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:10:31 PM
Democrat Eric Swalwell floats kicking Russians out of US universities in retaliation to Putin invading Ukraine.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 06:12:35 PM
Great. There are protestors at DOH in Tumwater protesting the "secret plan to round people up and enforce vaccination at concentration camps." The agency has locked the campus down.

Apparently, some ringleaders were on Steve Bannon's podcast to promote this event.

Morons.

It's a good thing I'm not at the office.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:12:56 PM
Members of the far-left "Squad" warned against "inhumane" and "broad-based sanctions" on Russia that "amount to collective punishment" against Russian citizens.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:15:19 PM
Great. There are protestors at DOH in Tumwater protesting the "secret plan to round people up and enforce vaccination at concentration camps." The agency has locked the campus down.

Apparently, some ringleaders were on Steve Bannon's podcast to promote this event.

Morons.

It's a good thing I'm not at the office.
It's a wonderful life.
where's Jimmy Stewart when you need him?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:18:25 PM
in Orlando they are protesting our involvement in protecting borders in Ukraine while ours are wide open. 🤣🤔
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:19:19 PM
well, I applied for a parttime job with Citrus County and I have an interview Monday morning for dispatching their public transportation.

https://www.citrusbocc.com/departments/community_services/transit_services/index.php
10-4, good buddy.
I must have passed my background check.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 06:20:17 PM
dinner time. just cheese ravioli.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 06:42:48 PM
dinner time. just cheese ravioli.
Do you "roll your own," or get 'em frozen?
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 08:17:10 PM
[...]

Mike Pompeo, JD Vance in Ohio, Matt Gaetz,  Jordan, Meadows,  Dana Rohrabacher  and while not a politician, Tucker Carlson.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 08:29:37 PM
well, I applied for a parttime job with Citrus County and I have an interview Monday morning for dispatching their public transportation.

https://www.citrusbocc.com/departments/community_services/transit_services/index.php
And no heavy lifting!
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 08:32:57 PM
[...]

That infighting is something that emboldens Putin and others, independent of Trump nuttiness.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 24, 2022, 08:38:27 PM
Sally Kellerman dead at 84.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 08:41:50 PM
dinner time. just cheese ravioli.
Do you "roll your own," or get 'em frozen?
frozen. cheese filled only.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 24, 2022, 08:46:51 PM
Sally Kellerman dead at 84.
Had to look her up. I never would've gotten her on a birthday list.
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on February 24, 2022, 08:52:12 PM
[...]

A remarkable Republican statement on the Ukraine invasion
By Analysis by Chris Cillizza

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2524960683860/a-remarkable-republican-statement-on-the-ukraine-invasion
Title: Re: 2/24/2022
Post by: razgueado on February 24, 2022, 11:59:33 PM
[...]

Wow.  I obviously don't follow most of these people.  I'll look it up.