CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: 7/20/2015  (Read 17123 times)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »

Looks like my crumbs shipped with the mystery pack I gambled on.
You'll have to let me know how they are, I won't see mine for at least 10 days
Will do.  Ever try the mystery pack from them?  interested what they think is worth $20.00
Mystery pack at CFest was crappy ... don't know about the place you're dealing with.
Hi Sly,  Me either, 1st order.  had Cracker Crumbs for $10.00/5 (never tried them either) so I hit 2 5-packs and a "mystery 5-pack" caught my eye for $19.99 and i hit that too.  just speculating on what a mystery pack means to a place called "Cigars At Your Price" or something like that.
Hi Sam ... hope you hit the jackpot.
Are the Cracker Crumbs a small Surrogate's stick?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »

Wife going to CO with her mom, bro and SIL late Wednesday, be gone until early next Tuesday. Kids sleeping over my parents house Wednesday-Friday so I don't have to miss work. Gonna be awfully quiet at the house there for a little bit.
I'll send some sausage to keep you company  ;)
Hot damn! I have Nate and another buddy of ours coming over Saturday night for a man night in the man cave. Lots of grilling, lots of smoking and drinking. Always a good time.
Why not Friday AND Saturday?
Don't worry, there will be plenty of smoking Friday, too. But that will be solitary smoking.
Are we still talkin' sausage?
Golf keeping up his Lake Harmony skills.
What happened in Lake Harmony/Split Rock stays there.  Besides, who are we to judge, right, Dave? 8). Afternoon gents ... hit 97/107 yesterday afternoon here ... spent most of the day outside (in the shade).  First cigar (?) was very good, then one ... a plume covered OOO ... that became harsh in the middle & had to toss.  Had excellent Grimalkin torp & 1502 robusto on Fri night spirits tasting in Philly ... great night of whiskys & brandy/cognac.
Grimalkin is a cigar I enjoy very much.  They can still be found around, but were rebranded about two years ago to "La Musa Mousa".  Supposed to be the same blend.  Don't know what will happen to the Emilio brand now that Gary Griffith has retired.  They were his babies.  Very nice offerings across the line.  Also helped start Cigar Federation where these are available on line (OK but not great pricing).  They do have one of the best cigar of the month programs.  You will get truly new and botique cigars, not like CI or Cigar.com generic retreads.
Didn't know Gary retired.  Worked or him a few years ago, great guy.  Very personable to talk to and extremely knowledgeable in cigars & tobacco.
I've met him a couple of times in some of his Delaware stores and events.  Just quirky enough to be entertaining, and some nice different cigars.  I read of it on Halfwheel in May.  Rather sudden and no detail.  My guess would be health related, but it is just a guess.
http://halfwheel.com/gary-griffith-leaves-house-of-emilio/84472

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

Will do.  Ever try the mystery pack from them?  interested what they think is worth $20.00
Mystery pack at CFest was crappy ... don't know about the place you're dealing with.
Hi Sly,  Me either, 1st order.  had Cracker Crumbs for $10.00/5 (never tried them either) so I hit 2 5-packs and a "mystery 5-pack" caught my eye for $19.99 and i hit that too.  just speculating on what a mystery pack means to a place called "Cigars At Your Price" or something like that.
Exactly.  http://halfwheel.com/surrogates-cracker-crumbs

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »

Afternoon Banterers, back to my office where somebody decided I needed 2 monitors and installed them sometime since last Thursday, oh well should be better for bantering and  Jamming!

Hotter than fuk juice in San Antonio I can tell you that.
Hey TR!  I routinely do take-offs from blueprints, and I have used 2 26" screens for 4 years now (been here for 5 and fought the 2nd monitor for 1 year) and would never go back to having blueprints unrolled all over the place vs having it all on the screen. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2015, 03:25:21 PM »

Yes to the Surrogate question, and THANKS! I hope so too! 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »

Wife going to CO with her mom, bro and SIL late Wednesday, be gone until early next Tuesday. Kids sleeping over my parents house Wednesday-Friday so I don't have to miss work. Gonna be awfully quiet at the house there for a little bit.
I'll send some sausage to keep you company  ;)
Hot damn! I have Nate and another buddy of ours coming over Saturday night for a man night in the man cave. Lots of grilling, lots of smoking and drinking. Always a good time.
Why not Friday AND Saturday?
Don't worry, there will be plenty of smoking Friday, too. But that will be solitary smoking.
Are we still talkin' sausage?
Golf keeping up his Lake Harmony skills.
What happened in Lake Harmony/Split Rock stays there.  Besides, who are we to judge, right, Dave? 8). Afternoon gents ... hit 97/107 yesterday afternoon here ... spent most of the day outside (in the shade).  First cigar (?) was very good, then one ... a plume covered OOO ... that became harsh in the middle & had to toss.  Had excellent Grimalkin torp & 1502 robusto on Fri night spirits tasting in Philly ... great night of whiskys & brandy/cognac.
Grimalkin is a cigar I enjoy very much.  They can still be found around, but were rebranded about two years ago to "La Musa Mousa".  Supposed to be the same blend.  Don't know what will happen to the Emilio brand now that Gary Griffith has retired.  They were his babies.  Very nice offerings across the line.  Also helped start Cigar Federation where these are available on line (OK but not great pricing).  They do have one of the best cigar of the month programs.  You will get truly new and botique cigars, not like CI or Cigar.com generic retreads.
Didn't know Gary retired.  Worked or him a few years ago, great guy.  Very personable to talk to and extremely knowledgeable in cigars & tobacco.
I've met him a couple of times in some of his Delaware stores and events.  Just quirky enough to be entertaining, and some nice different cigars.  I read of it on Halfwheel in May.  Rather sudden and no detail.  My guess would be health related, but it is just a guess.
http://halfwheel.com/gary-griffith-leaves-house-of-emilio/84472
He's had health issues for a while.  I haven't seen him in a couple of years.  I used to work close to his main B&M in Glasgow DE and would stop in periodically.  he always has time to chat and invariably would hand me a new cigar he was trying to get my impression.  (not that he needs MY input, he's just cool that way.)  I've changed jobs and don't go by there anymore.  Always had a good crew working there.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:47 PM »

Yes to the Surrogate question, and THANKS! I hope so too!
Thanks, Sam & Dave ("Hold On, I'm Coming"). My blind CiL, Gene, picked up an Animal Cracker at CI's Hamburg store to smoke on the way home from CFest ... I couldn't get over how good it smelled (after 3 days of cigar overload).

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »

I found the label from the cigar I enjoyed so much yesterday. It was the blue label Casa de Garcia Nicaragua Churchill ... I picked it up in a Total Wine & More in DE on our way up to Philly.  Bought a CAO La Traviata Divino for our driver & host and the blue label for me ... look forward to trying another.  I've had the white label and it was meh, so this was a pleasant surprise.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »

Heading Home!  Later folks.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »

Heading Home!  Later folks.
Later TR.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »

I found the label from the cigar I enjoyed so much yesterday. It was the blue label Casa de Garcia Nicaragua Churchill ... I picked it up in a Total Wine & More in DE on our way up to Philly.  Bought a CAO La Traviata Divino for our driver & host and the blue label for me ... look forward to trying another.  I've had the white label and it was meh, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Which Total Wine did you stop at?  I haven't been one in a while, didn't realize they even had cigars.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »

alrighty then,  heading home.  CLE Cuarenta corona gordo being sacrificed on the praying to make it home alter.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2015, 04:46:18 PM »

Which Total Wine did you stop at?  I haven't been one in a while, didn't realize they even had cigars.
Hi Sam, I wasn't driving, so I wasn't paying that much attention ... just looked at a map, it might have been Claymont or near there ... not far from PA border.  There was a Home Depot or Lowe's in the same center.  Right next door was a Rigatoni's Restaurant touting their crabcakes and other crab concoctions so we ate there (nothing fancy - carryout and sit down).  The Total Wine and More, had a liquor area, besides the walkin in cigar humidor.  We have the latter, but the VA ABC controls liquor sales at state stores dotted around.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »

alrighty then,  heading home.  CLE Cuarenta corona gordo being sacrificed on the praying to make it home alter.
Bye Sam.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »

Went with a Tat Black CG for the way home.  Always pleases.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10