Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »

Goddam workaference today, plus having to be a lot more careful about being observed bantering. Sucks.

I smoked a cigar on Friday that was a gift and I don't know what it is. The band portrayed a head wearing a crown that was too large and flopping down over the eyes. Can somebody ID that?
Long Live the King:
Had one at the last NJHerf and I thought it was just OK.  Not as enamored with it as the guy sitting behind us at the next table.  I specifically smoked The Heater Corojo 46 x 5.75.
Caldwell cigars.  Two year old boutique after splitting off from Christian Eiroa.  Pretty pricy, heavily marketed at B&Ms and as Tony said, profile on the three or four that I tried didn't wow me.

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2015, 02:25:49 PM »

See youse guys Wednesday. Hazzuh!
Later Ohio D

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

See youse guys Wednesday. Hazzuh!
Later, bro.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

Looks like my crumbs shipped with the mystery pack I gambled on.
You'll have to let me know how they are, I won't see mine for at least 10 days
Will do.  Ever try the mystery pack from them?  interested what they think is worth $20.00
Mystery pack at CFest was crappy ... don't know about the place you're dealing with.
Hi Sly,  Me either, 1st order.  had Cracker Crumbs for $10.00/5 (never tried them either) so I hit 2 5-packs and a "mystery 5-pack" caught my eye for $19.99 and i hit that too.  just speculating on what a mystery pack means to a place called "Cigars At Your Price" or something like that.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »

Wife going to CO with her mom, bro and SIL late Wednesday, be gone until early next Tuesday. Kids sleeping over my parents house Wednesday-Friday so I don't have to miss work. Gonna be awfully quiet at the house there for a little bit.
I'll send some sausage to keep you company  ;)
Hot damn! I have Nate and another buddy of ours coming over Saturday night for a man night in the man cave. Lots of grilling, lots of smoking and drinking. Always a good time.
Why not Friday AND Saturday?
Don't worry, there will be plenty of smoking Friday, too. But that will be solitary smoking.
Are we still talkin' sausage?
Golf keeping up his Lake Harmony skills.
What happened in Lake Harmony/Split Rock stays there.  Besides, who are we to judge, right, Dave? 8). Afternoon gents ... hit 97/107 yesterday afternoon here ... spent most of the day outside (in the shade).  First cigar (?) was very good, then one ... a plume covered OOO ... that became harsh in the middle & had to toss.  Had excellent Grimalkin torp & 1502 robusto on Fri night spirits tasting in Philly ... great night of whiskys & brandy/cognac.
Grimalkin is a cigar I enjoy very much.  They can still be found around, but were rebranded about two years ago to "La Musa Mousa".  Supposed to be the same blend.  Don't know what will happen to the Emilio brand now that Gary Griffith has retired.  They were his babies.  Very nice offerings across the line.  Also helped start Cigar Federation where these are available on line (OK but not great pricing).  They do have one of the best cigar of the month programs.  You will get truly new and botique cigars, not like CI or Cigar.com generic retreads.
Didn't know Gary retired.  Worked or him a few years ago, great guy.  Very personable to talk to and extremely knowledgeable in cigars & tobacco.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2015, 02:37:05 PM »

See youse guys Wednesday. Hazzuh!
Later LTG!

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2015, 02:38:47 PM »

This from my CAYP order:

Scott,
Thank you for your order. Unfortunately we are temporarily out of stock of
the following items you ordered:

1 Tatuaje Reserva Petite Cazadores 5 Pk

We will put these items in a back order status and ship them as soon as they become available. We estimate your order will ship in 5-10 business days. The rest of your order will ship once the back ordered items arrive. We will hold the funds from PayPal to ensure we are able to ship the back order items out as soon as they become available.

Once again thank you for your order and we are sorry for any inconvenience
this delay may cause you.

Best Regards,

David Kleehamer
Well, as long as they're sorry.
I especially love the part where they'll be sure to hang on to your money. You know, for convenience.
Yeah, Lori is never sorry.

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »

I'm off, see you guys tomorrow
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »

Looks like my crumbs shipped with the mystery pack I gambled on.
You'll have to let me know how they are, I won't see mine for at least 10 days
Will do.  Ever try the mystery pack from them?  interested what they think is worth $20.00
No, this is my first order. Did they identify the contents on the shipping confirmation?
No, just "1 mystery 5-pack".
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/20/2015
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »

I'm off, see you guys tomorrow
Later 'fish

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »

Afternoon Banterers, back to my office where somebody decided I needed 2 monitors and installed them sometime since last Thursday, oh well should be better for bantering and  Jamming!

Hotter than fuk juice in San Antonio I can tell you that.

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »

I'm off, see you guys tomorrow
Hi and Bye Fish

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »

Goddam workaference today, plus having to be a lot more careful about being observed bantering. Sucks.

I smoked a cigar on Friday that was a gift and I don't know what it is. The band portrayed a head wearing a crown that was too large and flopping down over the eyes. Can somebody ID that?
Long Live the King:
Had one at the last NJHerf and I thought it was just OK.  Not as enamored with it as the guy sitting behind us at the next table.  I specifically smoked The Heater Corojo 46 x 5.75.
Caldwell cigars.  Two year old boutique after splitting off from Christian Eiroa.  Pretty pricy, heavily marketed at B&Ms and as Tony said, profile on the three or four that I tried didn't wow me.
That's the one. I thought it a solid smoke, not overwhelming, but enjoyable. Burned nice. Don't know that I'd buy many, but they'll smoke.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

39 year old Zach Johnson from Cedar Rapids, Iowa wins 4 hole aggregate playoff to take British Open and the Claret Jug at "the birthplace of the game". He said he was grateful, honored, "had Scripture going through my head. Thankful to God" through his tears.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »

[...]
Thanks, Dave ... I really enjoyed that cigar ... my eyes lit up when I saw the box, having remembered banter conversation about them and the Emilios ... but had never had the opportunity to try them.  If you hear of where Gary may have a shop in the DC area, please let me know.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10