CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 18, 2019, 12:06:40 AM

Title: 3/18/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on March 18, 2019, 12:06:40 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:17:12 AM
Morning Slackers, cup of fresh brewed Cuban.  An amazing  super bright moon shining through the balcony doors this morning.  Probably what woke me up so early.

“To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.”

Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:19:06 AM
39 frik’n degrees this morning, Sheesh!  Mostly sunny today with a high in the mid 60’s.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 05:35:21 AM
Good morning Dave. Don't feel bad my today's high is 33 deg.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:44:36 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019

Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 05:47:28 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 05:53:34 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
You still stuck on that? Get over it! Hahaha.
Good morning, Rick and Dave.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:54:17 AM
Good morning Dave. Don't feel bad my today's high is 33 deg.
Morning Boiler Checker Rick, I could never survive very long up your way!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 05:55:47 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Those were the days, indeed.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:56:45 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
You still stuck on that? Get over it! Hahaha.
Good morning, Rick and Dave.
Morning Mayor, I was still working in MO when the last of the great March Madness Cigar Offers existed.  That was at least 6 years ago and they were exciting.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 06:05:39 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
You still stuck on that? Get over it! Hahaha.
Good morning, Rick and Dave.
Morning Mayor, I was still working in MO when the last of the great March Madness Cigar Offers existed.  That was at least 6 years ago and they were exciting.
Yeah, those were fun and exciting times. I probably spend more of my cigar money on b&m events these days. Definitely get a lot less but I like supporting the local businesses. Especially since the online deals aren't that great anyways.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 06:08:17 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Those were the days, indeed.
You got to win in a bracket so that you don't mind spending so much.

Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 06:51:59 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Those were the days, indeed.
You got to win in a bracket so that you don't mind spending so much.

Good morning, LTG.
That's a sound strategy there, I'm on it.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 07:02:33 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Those were the days, indeed.
You got to win in a bracket so that you don't mind spending so much.

Good morning, LTG.
That's a sound strategy there, I'm on it.
Easy peasy.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:21:39 AM
In years passed. March madness meant great cigar deals.
Key there is years passed....
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:23:02 AM
Morning SCDave, ReptileRick and PartyBusTony.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:23:41 AM
Rick, did you see the suggested Connies to try from yesterday?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:24:06 AM
Still no pictures from the Party Bus Tony!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:36:33 AM
Today is Monday, March 18, the 77th day of 2019. There are 288 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On March 18, 1965, the first spacewalk took place as Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leonov went outside his Voskhod 2 capsule, secured by a tether.

On this date:
In 1766, Britain repealed the Stamp Act of 1765.
In 1925, the Tri-State Tornado struck southeastern Missouri, southern Illinois and southwestern Indiana, resulting in some 700 deaths.
In 1937, in America's worst school disaster, nearly 300 people, most of them children, were killed in a natural gas explosion at the New London Consolidated School in Rusk County, Texas.
In 1938, Mexican President Lazaro Cardenas nationalized his country's petroleum reserves and took control of foreign-owned oil facilities.
In 1940, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini met at the Brenner Pass, where the Italian dictator agreed to join Germany's war against France and Britain.
In 1942, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed an executive order authorizing the War Relocation Authority, which was put in charge of interning Japanese-Americans, with Milton S. Eisenhower (the younger brother of Dwight D. Eisenhower) as its director.
In 1959, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the Hawaii statehood bill. (Hawaii became a state on Aug. 21, 1959.)
In 1963, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Gideon v. Wainwright, ruled unanimously that state courts were required to provide legal counsel to criminal defendants who could not afford to hire an attorney on their own.
In 1980, Frank Gotti, the 12-year-old youngest son of mobster John Gotti, was struck and killed by a car driven by John Favara, a neighbor in Queens, New York. (The following July, Favara vanished, the apparent victim of a gang hit.)
In 2002, Brittanie Cecil died two days short of her 14th birthday after being hit in the head by a puck at a game between the host Columbus Blue Jackets and Calgary Flames; it was apparently the first such fan fatality in NHL history.
In 2005, Doctors in Florida, acting on orders of a state judge, removed Terri Schiavo's feeding tube. (Despite the efforts of congressional Republicans to intervene and repeated court appeals by Schiavo's parents, the brain-damaged woman died on March 31, 2005, at age 41.)
In 2017, Chuck Berry, rock 'n' roll's founding guitar hero and storyteller who defined the music's joy and rebellion in such classics as "Johnny B. Goode," ''Sweet Little Sixteen" and "Roll Over Beethoven," died at his home west of St. Louis at age 90.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:37:51 AM
Ten years ago: Under intense pressure from the Obama administration and Congress, the head of bailed-out insurance giant AIG, Edward Liddy, told Congress that some of the firm's executives had begun returning all or part of bonuses totaling $165 million. Tony-winning actress Natasha Richardson, 45, died at a New York hospital two days after suffering a head injury while skiing in Canada.

Five years ago: With a sweep of his pen, President Vladimir Putin added Crimea to the map of Russia, provoking denunciations from the Western leaders who called Putin a threat to the world. Venture capitalist Bruce Rauner won the GOP primary in his bid for Illinois governor (he went on to defeat the Democratic incumbent, Pat Quinn). A KOMO-TV news helicopter crashed and burst into flames near Seattle's Space Needle, killing both people on board.

One year ago: A self-driving Uber SUV struck and killed a pedestrian in suburban Phoenix in the first death involving a fully autonomous test vehicle; Uber suspended its autonomous vehicle testing program in Arizona, California, Pittsburgh and Toronto after the crash. Vladimir Putin rolled to a crushing re-election victory for six more years as Russia's president. The fourth in a series of bombings in Austin, Texas, left two people injured; authorities said it was triggered along a street by a nearly invisible tripwire. "Black Panther" became the first film since "Avatar" in 2009 to top the weekend box office for five weeks in a row.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 07:41:13 AM
Rick, did you see the suggested Connies to try from yesterday?
I seen the luminosa you posted. I need to look back.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:42:37 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Composer John Kander is 92.
Country singer Charley Pride is 85.
Nobel peace laureate and former South African president F.W. de Klerk is 83.
Country singer Margie Bowes is 78.
Actor Kevin Dobson is 76.
Actor Brad Dourif is 69.
Jazz musician Bill Frisell is 68.
Singer Irene Cara is 60.
Alt-country musician Karen Grotberg (The Jayhawks) is 60.
Movie writer-director Luc Besson is 60.
Actor Geoffrey Owens is 58.
Actor Thomas Ian Griffith is 57.
Singer-songwriter James McMurtry is 57.
TV personality Mike Rowe is 57.
Singer-actress Vanessa L. Williams is 56.
Olympic gold medal speedskater Bonnie Blair is 55.
Country musician Scott Saunders (Sons of the Desert) is 55.
Actor David Cubitt is 54.
Rock musician Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains) is 53.
Rock singer-musician Miki Berenyi (ber-EN'-ee) is 52.
Actor Michael Bergin is 50.
Rapper-actress-talk show host Queen Latifah is 49.
Former White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus (ryns PREE'-bus) is 47.
Actor-comedian Dane Cook is 47.
Country singer Philip Sweet (Little Big Town) is 45.
Rock musician Stuart Zender is 45.
Singers Evan and Jaron Lowenstein are 45.
Actress-singer-dancer Sutton Foster is 44.
Singer Devin Lima (LFO) is 42.
Rock singer Adam Levine (Maroon 5) is 40.
Rock musician Daren Taylor (Airborne Toxic Event) is 39.
Olympic gold medal figure skater Alexei Yagudin is 39.
Actor Adam Pally is 37.
Actor Cornelius Smith Jr. is 37.
Actor Duane Henry (TV: "NCIS") is 34.
Actress Lily Collins is 30.
Actress-dancer Julia Goldani Telles is 24.
Actress Ciara Bravo is 22.
Actor Blake Garrett Rosenthal is 15.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:43:14 AM
Thought for Today: "It's easy to be independent when you've got money. But to be independent when you haven't got a thing — that's the Lord's test." — Mahalia Jackson, American gospel singer (1911-1972).
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 07:48:21 AM
Still no pictures from the Party Bus Tony!
They're coming. Sheesh. I only took pictures of the cigars I smoked, not the partying.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 07:51:11 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Rick.
it's MONDAY!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 07:53:25 AM
Steve Saka begrudgingly bends to SCDave's will...

https://halfwheel.com/muestra-de-saka-nlmtha-ships/296956
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 07:57:18 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 07:59:31 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and GhettoSmokerTony.  Just 41 deg here, but high in upper 60's and sunny.  We're finally entering the sweet spot of our weather, which lasts about 6 weeks, two months if we're lucky.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:02:58 AM
Morning PussyChasinDean.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:04:22 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
Nope, NIT.  About where they belong.
ND took two of three from us this weekend.  Must be because of St. Paddys….
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 08:06:32 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, Rick, and GhettoSmokerTony.  Just 41 deg here, but high in upper 60's and sunny.  We're finally entering the sweet spot of our weather, which lasts about 6 weeks, two months if we're lucky.
good morning Mark.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:08:12 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:08:32 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
Nope, NIT.  About where they belong.
ND took two of three from us this weekend.  Must be because of St. Paddys….
Too little, too late for the ND Men.  I never paid much attention to the NIT, seems like the participation trophy of tournaments.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 08:09:00 AM
going to be a mostly do nothing day. vet appointment for baby kitty at 1pm. that's the extent of my day.
Cusano maduro and coffee here.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:09:15 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:09:47 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
Nope, NIT.  About where they belong.
ND took two of three from us this weekend.  Must be because of St. Paddys….
Too little, too late for the ND Men.  I never paid much attention to the NIT, seems like the participation trophy of tournaments.
Yea, pretty much.  Used to be THE tournament.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 08:10:08 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
awwww, I just love women that plays with balls.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:10:35 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:11:57 AM
Morning Mr. Bean
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 08:13:25 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
Women’s selections are tonight.

The tournament selection show is set for Monday, March 18. That is when the field of 64 and individual seeds are revealed. After the regular season, 32 teams will qualify with automatic bids through conference tournaments. The remaining 32 teams will be selected as at-larges.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:14:10 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
I do not think this is the official bracket, just this guy's forecast.  https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019 (https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 08:15:09 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
I do not think this is the official bracket, just this guy's forecast.  https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019 (https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019)
Correct
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:20:16 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
I do not think this is the official bracket, just this guy's forecast.  https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019 (https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019)
Could be right.  Guess that's why I couldn't find any mention on the Clemson sites.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:20:48 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
I do not think this is the official bracket, just this guy's forecast.  https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019 (https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019)
Correct
I guess TournamentDave is too busy studying the AlsoRan Tournament bracket to pay attention to the real ones.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:21:57 AM
[...]

Hey, I got your fuggin' birthdays up, so GFY.  I'm busy.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:23:49 AM
Brackets Are Set and March Madness Kicks Off Tuesday🏀

Printable Bracket:

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/basketball-men/d1/2019
Hmm, no Clemson.  Guess TigerDave and I will have to wait until the women's bracket is issued.
You're late to the party Dean.  Womens bracket is released earlier than men.  ND is #1 seed in Chicago Region (playing in South Bend [how about that]), Clemson is #9 in the Greensboro region (although start their play in Waco)
I couldn't find the women's bracket.  Post a link.
YES SIR!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology
I do not think this is the official bracket, just this guy's forecast.  https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019 (https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/basketball-women/d1/2019)
Could be right.
Could be?  You mean I'm Fk'nA right, don't you?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 08:23:51 AM
Well, now that we got THAT settled.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 08:24:53 AM
[...]

No “could be” to it.🙄
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 08:33:18 AM
going to be a mostly do nothing day. vet appointment for baby kitty at 1pm. that's the extent of my day.
Cusano maduro and coffee here.
Buy them up if you like them. No longer in production
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 08:36:30 AM
going to be a mostly do nothing day. vet appointment for baby kitty at 1pm. that's the extent of my day.
Cusano maduro and coffee here.
Buy them up if you like them. No longer in production
Shame too, their 59 Rare Cameroon or whatever it was called was quite nice.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 08:47:02 AM
going to be a mostly do nothing day. vet appointment for baby kitty at 1pm. that's the extent of my day.
Cusano maduro and coffee here.
Buy them up if you like them. No longer in production
really? my local ABC store still has them cheap.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 08:57:12 AM
going to be a mostly do nothing day. vet appointment for baby kitty at 1pm. that's the extent of my day.
Cusano maduro and coffee here.
Buy them up if you like them. No longer in production
really? my local ABC store still has them cheap.
Can't find the quote but Davidoff discontinued
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:00:54 AM
[...]

yea, yea, that.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:02:38 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:04:23 AM
Surprised Bean is back so early after his SBSW weekend...
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 09:05:29 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Maria Mancini h2000 for me
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:07:09 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 09:09:58 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 09:12:04 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
what, what?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 09:21:13 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
I had to google it. too damn many screwy cigar names I can't keep up.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:30:31 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything CouldBeDave says today .
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:30:32 AM
Think it's a CI exclusive, so you wouldn't have any interest. Probably Booth clearing out some leftover tobacco.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:31:53 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:34:21 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 18, 2019, 09:36:15 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything CouldBeDave says today .
He purposely did that room 101 would have solved it
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 09:38:02 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 09:49:15 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
Should I change your username to Tim Apple?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:50:38 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
You don't have to look to Trump for that example.  Wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, Dean's cats, etc.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 09:52:59 AM
dental work continues next week.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 09:54:20 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
You don't have to look to Trump for that example.  Wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, Dean's cats, etc.
I'm sure we could teach the Prez a thing or two. I could invite him to join the banter. 😣
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 09:55:55 AM
I'm sure Trump could come up with some great avi's.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:56:52 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 10:02:46 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
Should I change your username to Tim Apple?
HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE SAID HIS NAME WRONG?!?!?!?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 10:03:29 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
Gonna start to get expensive if they have to replace the "organic" mattresses every time a drunk pisses themselves on it.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 10:16:29 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
fukking snowflakes.
what's wrong with sleeping at your desk at work?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 18, 2019, 10:17:10 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
Should I change your username to Tim Apple?
HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE SAID HIS NAME WRONG?!?!?!?
I said, "Tim Cook from Apple". Please listen more closely next time.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 10:25:31 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
You don't have to look to Trump for that example.  Wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, Dean's cats, etc.
All true.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 10:27:14 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
You don't have to look to Trump for that example.  Wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, Dean's cats, etc.
I'm sure we could teach the Prez a thing or two. I could invite him to join the banter. 😣
Somehow I dont think he would fit in well.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 10:28:55 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
fukking snowflakes.
what's wrong with sleeping at your desk at work?
Always worked fine for me.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 10:30:19 AM
Enjoying a Breakfast in Portugal on this brisk morning.
Good morning cigar... a little pricey for what is essentially a Room 101 2nd.
Lol, I thought maybe I'd missed a post about you going on vacation.
No, he's just all over the mental map.  Probably best to google anything he says today .
I Googled trying to help you out and what did it get me...GFY deux.
Taking  my cue from the Prez...never admit I'm wrong, and blame somebody else if something is wrong.
Should I change your username to Tim Apple?
HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE SAID HIS NAME WRONG?!?!?!?
I said, "Tim Cook from Apple". Please listen more closely next time.
Sorry, must've been #fakenews where I heard it. That's my bad.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 10:31:20 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
fukking snowflakes.
what's wrong with sleeping at your desk at work?
Probably the answer depends on how long you want to be employed there.  ;)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 11:02:49 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
fukking snowflakes.
what's wrong with sleeping at your desk at work?
Probably the answer depends on how long you want to be employed there.  ;)
No longer have that problem.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 11:04:55 AM
Recall on the nap-at-work front, I give this place a month before they start having deadbeat/drunk/sex issues.
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html (https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/03/13/texas-first-nap-bar-opens-in-rice-village.html)
fukking snowflakes.
what's wrong with sleeping at your desk at work?
Probably the answer depends on how long you want to be employed there.  ;)
No longer have that problem.
same here.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 11:50:34 AM
Lunchtime without Flip lull?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 12:12:08 PM
vet time.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 01:17:45 PM
vet time.
So if it comes down to a choice between your teeth or your cats, which wins?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 01:18:30 PM
Lunchtime without Flip lull?
Really.  Campbell's chicken noodle soup at my desk for me.  Surely Flip can top that today.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 01:21:50 PM
Since CouldBeDave is apparently napping at his desk, I'll post today's SBC offer.

Monday Special!

Starting now until midnight we have one special on three categories! Plus we still have March Madness Week 3 going!

Categories:
Cornelius & Anthony
Crowned Heads
Crux

CODE: MONDAY =  18% off with 5% reward points on categories above
or
CODE: MONDAY100 =  26% off with 5% reward points on categories above on orders $100+
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 01:52:50 PM
Since CouldBeDave is apparently napping at his desk, I'll post today's SBC offer.

Monday Special!

Starting now until midnight we have one special on three categories! Plus we still have March Madness Week 3 going!

Categories:
Cornelius & Anthony
Crowned Heads
Crux

CODE: MONDAY =  18% off with 5% reward points on categories above
or
CODE: MONDAY100 =  26% off with 5% reward points on categories above on orders $100+
Sheesh, hadn't received it before I headed out for some errands.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 18, 2019, 02:22:53 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 02:24:49 PM
Over at Atlantic....

EPC Core, 50% off
https://atlanticcigar.com/search.php?search_query=EPC+core

Don Reynaldo also in stock ($109/box of 10 for VIP)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 02:25:30 PM
Later LTG lull...
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 02:42:25 PM
Over at Atlantic....

EPC Core, 50% off
https://atlanticcigar.com/search.php?search_query=EPC+core

Don Reynaldo also in stock ($109/box of 10 for VIP)
You tempted by that Don Reynaldo offer?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 02:54:30 PM
vet time.
So if it comes down to a choice between your teeth or your cats, which wins?
that's a tough one, but I have to say teeth, only because I want them to look good for my daughter's wedding.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 02:56:47 PM
601 Red Toro Lit, pretty nice out.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 02:58:52 PM
Warden agreed to make this spring cleaning week, I have been busy as a 🐝

Last chore for today completed, mopping the kitchen and bathrooms.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 03:07:09 PM
SXSW was a big success, oh wait a minute- not much success with 9 shot and only 1 dead.  Sheesh!

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin police worked around the clock this weekend after a violent spree of shootings that left eight hurt and at least one dead.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 03:10:22 PM
Daniel Westfall, 49, was arrested early Saturday morning at his home on Ridge Manor Boulevard in Dade City.

Deputies say he returned home intoxicated around 2 a.m. Saturday after being at a friend's house and urinated in the middle of the floor. When a woman who was in the room woke up and asked what he was doing, an arrest report says Westfall started arguing with her and said, "shut the f*** up you f****** b****."

The woman told deputies Westfall "bulldozed me and put me in a headlock," which constricted her airflow, when she asked him to stop yelling and let her go back to sleep. According to the arrest report, the woman tried to push him off, but Westfall bit down on her left index finger and wouldn't let go.

Deputies say after crying to Westfall several times to let her finger and neck go, the woman grabbed his testicles out of fear. Westfall then let her go and the woman was able to call law enforcement.

When deputies got to the scene they noticed abrasions around the victim's neck and a wound on her finger. They noted in the arrest report Westfall smelled strongly of alcohol and was unstable when standing up.

Westfall was arrested for battery and domestic battery and was taken to the Hernando County Jail.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 04:09:06 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 05:09:11 PM
Over at Atlantic....

EPC Core, 50% off
https://atlanticcigar.com/search.php?search_query=EPC+core

Don Reynaldo also in stock ($109/box of 10 for VIP)
You tempted by that Don Reynaldo offer?
It should be here tomorrow.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 05:11:50 PM
My work is done for the day, time for an EPC La Historia and a malt beverage TBD.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 05:14:13 PM
My work is done for the day, time for an EPC La Historia and a malt beverage TBD.
Your roof finished yet?
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 06:32:00 PM
No Tugboat today but a V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 06:38:19 PM
Oliva O maduro and coffee.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 06:39:15 PM
No Tugboat today buta V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
neat.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 06:39:43 PM
No Tugboat today buta V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
neat.
Evening Dean’O
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 07:04:15 PM
No Tugboat today buta V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
neat.
Evening Dean’O
evening Dave.
been true to my word, laid low other than taking the kitten to the vet. he only cost me $20.
may do laundry before bed though.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 07:07:34 PM
No Tugboat today buta V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
neat.
Evening Dean’O
evening Dave.
been true to my word, laid low other than taking the kitten to the vet. he only cost me $20.
may do laundry before bed though.
Spring cleaning here this week.

Pot stickers for dinner
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 18, 2019, 07:13:13 PM
No Tugboat today buta V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
neat.
Evening Dean’O
evening Dave.
been true to my word, laid low other than taking the kitten to the vet. he only cost me $20.
may do laundry before bed though.
Spring cleaning here this week.

Pot stickers for dinner
I did a couple of small burgers.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 07:28:36 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Women's NCAA Tournament bracket is available to the public after ESPNU mistakenly aired match-ups during its 3 p.m. programming, giving away the entire field.

The selection show was supposed to unveil the women's bracket at 6 p.m. Monday on ESPN.

Because of the slip up, Karen Aston's Texas team knows its fate as a No. 7 seed in the Portland Region. Texas will face No. 10 seed Indiana Friday in Eugene, Oregon.

The winner will face the winner of No. 2 Oregon and No. 15 Portland State Sunday.

As expected, Baylor is the No. 1 seed in the Greensboro Region. Baylor will host No. 16 Abilene Christian in Waco Saturday.

Texas A&M is the No. 4 seed in the Chicago Region. The Aggies will host No. 13 Wright State Friday in College Station.

Baylor, Notre Dame, Louisville and Mississippi State are the No. 1 seeds.

ESPN released a statement on the bracket blunder:

“In working with the NCAA to prepare for tonight’s Women’s Selection Special we received the bracket, similar to years past. In the midst of our preparation, the bracket was mistakenly posted on ESPNU. We deeply regret the error and extend our apology to the NCAA and the women’s basketball community. We will conduct a thorough review of our process to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future. We will now broadcast the full bracket at 5 p.m. ET on ESPN2, and the regularly-scheduled show on ESPN at 7 p.m.”
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:01:53 PM
Over at Atlantic....

EPC Core, 50% off
https://atlanticcigar.com/search.php?search_query=EPC+core

Don Reynaldo also in stock ($109/box of 10 for VIP)
You tempted by that Don Reynaldo offer?
It should be here tomorrow.
Outstanding!  I expected nothing less.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:02:48 PM
My work is done for the day, time for an EPC La Historia and a malt beverage TBD.
Back from dinner and drinks (more drinks than dinner) with the warden, Lirio Rojo as desert.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:03:22 PM
No Tugboat today but a V-22 Osprey Assault Plane flying around overhead.
Assault plane?  Those should be banned!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 08:05:27 PM
[...]

So PrematureDave wasn't the only one to jump the gun.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 18, 2019, 08:42:51 PM
[...]

Except PrematureDave was trying to sell you fake news.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 08:55:30 PM
My work is done for the day, time for an EPC La Historia and a malt beverage TBD.
Your roof finished yet?
Roof was done in one day.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:22:28 PM
@Dean. Holt's has a nice deal on your Oliva O's.
https://www.holts.com/specials/premium-price-buster.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/premium-price-buster.html)
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:22:52 PM
[...]

TWSS
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:23:27 PM
[...]

Indeed.  That rascal!
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 09:24:56 PM
[...]

But it was pretty close...
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 18, 2019, 09:29:23 PM
[...]

TNWSS.
Title: Re: 3/18/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 18, 2019, 11:35:50 PM
[...]

That's only because she didn't make the bracket.