CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 9/29/2020  (Read 3663 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/29/2020
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2020, 03:34:44 PM »

@Bean....anybody else have the sniffles on that ND team so they can cancel the next football game?
Speaking of, bunch of positive tests for the Titans, so we may have our first NFL cancellation coming up this weekend.
NFL says game will be played.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »

What a day. What a week. And it is only Tuesday. Sheesh.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »

@Bean....anybody else have the sniffles on that ND team so they can cancel the next football game?
Who knows.  The place has been run by pansy-asses for many years now.  How else do you have women in the Irish Guard?  SMH.
Likely had no choice.  With the decline of music programs in the public school system, the colleges take whatever players they can find.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2020, 04:24:55 PM »

what a year and it’s still 2020

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2020, 04:59:44 PM »

But it's National Coffee Day.  Dean and I should be humming right along...
Funny thing is that I didn't drink my first cup of coffee until sometime late in the afternoon.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »

I just found out that there is a Donald J. Trump State Park in NY....it somehow seems appropriate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/i-visited-donald-trump-s-state-park-and-it-s-not-a-park/ar-BB19xBUz?ocid=msedgntp
That's very interesting.

...Almost caught up.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2020, 05:10:48 PM »

Valid point. Although I thought it was now 5781?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2020, 05:11:38 PM »

And now, I am current. Might even flip the site because I think we're about done.

Threebean

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »

Who knows.  The place has been run by pansy-asses for many years now.  How else do you have women in the Irish Guard?  SMH.
Likely had no choice.  With the decline of music programs in the public school system, the colleges take whatever players they can find.
Uh, no.  The Irish Guard is not the same as the Fighting Irish Band. 

"University administrators announced last spring they were making some changes to the Guard.  They struck down the requirement that members stand at least 6 feet, 2 inches tall.  They also altered the Guard's tryout process, which previously was open to all students. Under the new rules, the unit consists of Notre Dame Marching Band members with one or more years of experience as a musician or manager.

Dye told the Tribune in May that waiving the height requirement could open up more opportunities for women to serve on the Guard."

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2020, 06:03:25 PM »

"University administrators announced last spring they were making some changes to the Guard.  They struck down the requirement that members stand at least 6 feet, 2 inches tall.  They also altered the Guard's tryout process, which previously was open to all students. Under the new rules, the unit consists of Notre Dame Marching Band members with one or more years of experience as a musician or manager.

Dye told the Tribune in May that waiving the height requirement could open up more opportunities for women to serve on the Guard."

Yes, not the same, but still under the management of the band director.

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »

Yes, who is under the management of the admin.  The current university president is leading the charge to dismantle all tradition no matter how innocuous because he is so f'kn woke.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »

And now, I am current. Might even flip the site because I think we're about done.
Put the ball in play

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2020, 07:23:00 PM »

Put the ball in play
Watching Cole do his magic.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2020, 08:13:30 PM »

I thought it was 5780?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2020, 08:15:49 PM »

Yes, who is under the management of the admin.  The current university president is leading the charge to dismantle all tradition no matter how innocuous because he is so f'kn woke.
Had a black leprechaun last year, only a matter of time before we have a female one as well.  She'll have to keep her beard however.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6