CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 12/7/2014  (Read 13841 times)

Threebean

Re: 12/7/2014
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »

I never mentioned I stopped at 2 B&M's here a couple of times. didn't terribly mind the elevated prices but both places are cold, the people anyway. they just sit and smoke. tried striking up conversations a few times but I felt I had been shunned. thing is they are in two different towns but I swear the same people are in both places. one employee knows nothing about cigars or even cares.
I was in a place last week and the lady running it had no idea what she was talking about.  Most of what they had was ordered from CI; diesels, 5Vegas and such.  The place wasn't even properly humidified.  Ya gotta wonder how those places survive.  But there are others, especially in Florida, so you'll find something.
Dean, how far are you from Tampa?  TH is a first class operation. 
quite a ways Mark, but I have their website bookmarked. I have a stop planned. so much to see in Florida, so little time.
I hear you, FL is a big state.  I was in Tampa about a year ago on business and stopped into TH, bought a few sticks, and really liked the place in general.  Nice large smoking lounge and friendly folks.

dwgbryant

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »

I never mentioned I stopped at 2 B&M's here a couple of times. didn't terribly mind the elevated prices but both places are cold, the people anyway. they just sit and smoke. tried striking up conversations a few times but I felt I had been shunned. thing is they are in two different towns but I swear the same people are in both places. one employee knows nothing about cigars or even cares.
I was in a place last week and the lady running it had no idea what she was talking about.  Most of what they had was ordered from CI; diesels, 5Vegas and such.  The place wasn't even properly humidified.  Ya gotta wonder how those places survive.  But there are others, especially in Florida, so you'll find something.
quite a ways Mark, but I have their website bookmarked. I have a stop planned. so much to see in Florida, so little time.
I hear you, FL is a big state.  I was in Tampa about a year ago on business and stopped into TH, bought a few sticks, and really liked the place in general.  Nice large smoking lounge and friendly folks.
google maps says a little over an hour and a half. with the snowbirds more like three hours.
:)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »

Stopped by there once.  Thought it was nice.  Big lounge, nice bar, barista.  Then went to the CI Hamburg store.  About four times the size.  No barista though.  Howdy Bean.  Howdy Dean.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »

google maps says a little over an hour and a half. with the snowbirds more like three hours.
It's kinda tucked into to Tampa in otherwise it ain't just off a exit.

dwgbryant

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »

howdy back Mike...

Threebean

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »

True that.  And a lot of freeway construction in the area at the time.  Would have been tough to find without GPS.  Howdy Mike.

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 03:46:13 PM »

Stopped by there once.  Thought it was nice.  Big lounge, nice bar, barista.  Then went to the CI Hamburg store.  About four times the size.  No barista though.  Howdy Bean.  Howdy Dean.
I'll have a chance to make that pilgrimage in 2015 due to work north of Philly coming up.  And CF as well if I play my cards right.  Woohoo! 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »

True that.  And a lot of freeway construction in the area at the time.  Would have been tough to find without GPS.  Howdy Mike.
Lots of stop lights that is for sure.  Warden was giving me the stinkeye by the time we got there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »

Good Afternoon Folks!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

dwgbryant

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »

Threebean

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

Good Afternoon Folks!
Hi and bye, Dave.  Done at the orifice and heading home. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »

Good Afternoon Folks!
It's Mark's orifices fault.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »

Good Afternoon Folks!
It's Mark's orifices fault.
Nah, just typical Sunday banter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]