Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:15 AM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:36 AM »

Page 4!

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....
They didn't ask for any proof for mine, but they did them through Cleveland Clinic, so I'm guessing they already had their info on file somewhere.

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2021, 11:08:43 AM »

Travellin Dave: Guitar gear won.  Here's my birthday present to myself.  I got this stuff way below market value.  Picking it up at 10am.

That's a Synergy Syn-2 Modular preamp on top.  It has two modules loaded - a Fryette Deliverance and a Friedman Dirty Shirley.   These are essentially versions of hot-rodded Marshall amps.

On the bottom is a Mesa/Boogie Simul-Class 2:90.  It's a hellacious amount of vacuum tube amplifier power - like, capable of sound pressure levels that would kill small children and household pets.  It's nominally 90 watts per side or 180 watts bridged mono.  But that's nominally.  It's 1% Total Harmonic Distortion at 90 watts.  But if you know anything about guitar players, we LIKE distortion. We like it a LAWT. So in a guitar rig, right about the time this thing starts to really sing it's blowing through about 200 watts per side and people 2 miles away are calling the cops.  They don't make these anymore because not even rock star guitarists need that kind of power.

I need this kinda power like I need a third testicle, but the way this deal breaks down I got it for about $400, which is a third of what they cost new and half of current market value.  This will be the second I've owned; way back around the turn of the century I sold the first one I owned to the CTO of Harley Davidson.  I'll probably tune it to drive the home theater rig.  Plenty of clean headroom for that.
Happy Birthday indeed.  Now I have to go check Urban Dictionary for "Friedman Dirty Shirley"
No idea where Dave Friedman came up with the name, but the amplifier is essentially a copy of the amp Eric Clapton used to record the famous "Beano" album with John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers.

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....
They didn't ask for any proof for mine, but they did them through Cleveland Clinic, so I'm guessing they already had their info on file somewhere.
I'm sure 9/10 they wouldn't ask for ID anyway. But I'll be the 1/10.

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2021, 11:10:29 AM »

Ah, now I *do* know where Friedman got the name.  It's a drink.

A Dirty Shirley is a Shirley Temple, but with Vodka.

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »

Ah, now I *do* know where Friedman got the name.  It's a drink.

A Dirty Shirley is a Shirley Temple, but with Vodka.
I come here every day to learn.

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....
They didn't ask for any proof for mine, but they did them through Cleveland Clinic, so I'm guessing they already had their info on file somewhere.
I'm sure 9/10 they wouldn't ask for ID anyway. But I'll be the 1/10.
Oh, no question.

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »

[...]

Enjoy that equipment!  How hard is it to keep a stock of replacement tubes for those things?  I guess there are specialty manufactures for those (for top dollar), like most other  things.

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2021, 12:59:47 PM »

Hey Tony, some new Bishops Blend released for you.
https://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/featured-cigars/products/black-label-trading-company-bishops-blend?mc_cid=f05bb79cf6&mc_eid=c1bd1ef3de

Was this one of the ones you had over the weekend?

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2021, 01:02:29 PM »

[...]

How long has it been since vacuum tubes were used?  40-50 years?

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2021, 01:03:34 PM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....
They didn't ask for any proof for mine, but they did them through Cleveland Clinic, so I'm guessing they already had their info on file somewhere.
I'm sure 9/10 they wouldn't ask for ID anyway. But I'll be the 1/10.
Oh, no question.
...but only if you didn't have it.

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »

Moderna is now going to be seeking approval to vaccinate 12- to 17-year-olds.
I need 11 year olds to be approved for vaccination.

Edit: Too easily could be taken out of context the way I previously worded it.
Indeed.
Do they check ID?  Just say she's 12.
They do check ID. Because by height and weight my sons would be fine. When I brought my 15 year-old they asked for ID. I asked, what if I didn't have a passport for her and they replied that they would require a birth certificate.
Interesting....
They didn't ask for any proof for mine, but they did them through Cleveland Clinic, so I'm guessing they already had their info on file somewhere.
I'm sure 9/10 they wouldn't ask for ID anyway. But I'll be the 1/10.
Oh, no question.
...but only if you didn't have it.
Which he doesn't, since she's only 11. ;)

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2021, 01:20:43 PM »

Hey Tony, some new Bishops Blend released for you.
https://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/featured-cigars/products/black-label-trading-company-bishops-blend?mc_cid=f05bb79cf6&mc_eid=c1bd1ef3de

Was this one of the ones you had over the weekend?
Sure looks like it. How would I know?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5