CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 5/9/2017  (Read 8187 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 5/9/2017
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »

forgot I'm speaking tonight to celebrate 33 years without an adult beverage. sheesh, where does the time go?
I would think the time would drag slower without any adult beverages. But congrats to you, that's quite the accomplishment.
I thought that too in the beginning, but as you see, I make pretty good use of my time.
That you do ???  But great job sticking with it 33 years Dean, quite an admirable accomplishment.
thanks Dave.

Threebean

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »

"In 1961, in a speech to the National Association of Broadcasters, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Newton N. Minow decried the majority of television programming as a "vast wasteland."

Fun mid-afternoon lull fact, Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of Gilligan's Island, did not like Mr Minow at all and named the castaways' wrecked ship after him, the SS Minnow.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »

"In 1961, in a speech to the National Association of Broadcasters, Federal Communications Commission Chairman Newton N. Minow decried the majority of television programming as a "vast wasteland."

Fun mid-afternoon lull fact, Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of Gilligan's Island, did not like Mr Minow at all and named the castaways' wrecked ship after him, the SS Minnow.
Of course, Mr. Schwartz's body of work essentially proved Minow's point.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »

LaRanja Toro lit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »

SHEESH!!

Threebean

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

How dare you!  Blasphemer! 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »

Sorry, I can take his shows only in micro-doses.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »

I have been to Gilligans Island so GFY

Threebean

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2017, 06:44:24 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »

I have been to Gilligans Island so GFY
I didn't insult the island, so GFY too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]