Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Well, turns out I was wrong about the snow day situation, because my kids just got one for some reason. Cancelling remote learning due to bad weather is the most 2020 thing I've seen yet.
WTF? Why? Curious to know what was the logic in that decision? I guess I should prepare myself for the same kind of stupidity.
Your guess is as good as mine. We only got about 3 inches (TWSS), but it was raining all day yesterday, so I gotta imagine the roads are terrible. Though, still not sure how that impacts school from the kitchen table, but I don't get paid to make these decisions.
The only thing I can think of is since they go to a constellation school, they always use the main city's school district as their guide for when to cancel, because I think they use the same bussing. So since the city's schools aren't totally remote, they cancelled, so ours cancelled.
But oddly enough, the city we live in did not close schools today. Those kids must be pissed.
Now I'm pissed again.
Okay, stay with me here.  It's about money.  School districts get money from the Feds based on Average Daily Membership.  It is not in the school district's interest to allow the Average Daily Membership to be diluted by teaching to reduced numbers of students.  So...snow day.

I learned this long ago when I was a young system analyst for a very large school district, which due to failure of an essential but archaic computer was unable to report any ADM numbers, let alone remotely accurate numbers.  So, a coworker and I were called to the boss's office, had the situation explained to us, and were cryptically instructed to "fix it" anyway we could.  Produce the numbers and keep our mouths shut.  So, after splitting a pitcher of beer for dinner at the bar up the street, we returned to the office and over the next eleven hours we "fixed" the numbers.  Technically, it was a federal crime.  Federal statutes of limitation have long since expired, but I still won't tell you when or where this happened.
I'd write a letter to my state rep, but they're too busy trying to impeach our governor now.
So we have Republicans trying to impeach Republicans now?  What's the charge, not being a good enough Trumper?

[...]

Yes, yes we do. And pretty much. He's trying to do what he can to stop the #FakeRona, and they're none too pleased about it.

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
without giving it away, bring up the subject with your kid and see what camp he and his friends are in. X or PS?

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
I will ask my son to weigh in on a preference for system.  It somewhat depends on what games he likes.(Halo for example is XBox, a lot of exclusives for PlayStation). I would advise against getting an older system unless you are comfortable in getting the new system next year.  Again, I will ask the expert and get back to you.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
without giving it away, bring up the subject with your kid and see what camp he and his friends are in. X or PS?
and for yourself, research what system streams and deletes Porn better. 😂
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Walking time! A blast from the past.

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
without giving it away, bring up the subject with your kid and see what camp he and his friends are in. X or PS?
and for yourself, research what system streams and deletes Porn better. 😂
LALTS

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
without giving it away, bring up the subject with your kid and see what camp he and his friends are in. X or PS?
They are definitely in the PS camp. But that doesn't mean Santa agrees.

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
without giving it away, bring up the subject with your kid and see what camp he and his friends are in. X or PS?
and for yourself, research what system streams and deletes Porn better. 😂
People use these gaming systems for porn? I guess I'm more naïve than I thought.

Walking time! A blast from the past.
Wow, haven't seen one of those in a looooong time. Enjoy.

Ok, how about this for a change of subject?... I am considering buying my sons a gaming system for Christmas. My wife is completely against it and that is making me want to do it even more.

What is better, Xbox or PlayStation? And since the latter has a brand new, impossible to get version out now, is it worth buying the previous version?

What say the jury?
I will ask my son to weigh in on a preference for system.  It somewhat depends on what games he likes.(Halo for example is XBox, a lot of exclusives for PlayStation). I would advise against getting an older system unless you are comfortable in getting the new system next year.  Again, I will ask the expert and get back to you.
I think my boys are interested in the Spiderman games which are exclusive to PS. The issue there is that the new PS5 is impossible to get.

Walking time! A blast from the past.
Wow, haven't seen one of those in a looooong time. Enjoy.
Those were a jam staple back in the day.

Hazzuh!

I think that was my last meeting for the day. I'm hoping for a nap now. Let's see if I can make it a reality.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5