CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 11/18/2020  (Read 3578 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 11/18/2020
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2020, 11:46:10 AM »

Some of you guys that work from home are very fortunate. Cuomo is going to come down with the hammer today on NY.  Many people will be out of work again. The data is just not there to constitute what is a "super spreader". Luckily I'm considered essential.
Since when do we need data or evidence?
Yeah really

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »

Some of you guys that work from home are very fortunate. Cuomo is going to come down with the hammer today on NY.  Many people will be out of work again. The data is just not there to constitute what is a "super spreader". Luckily I'm considered essential.
Same here Rick, essential. I worked the entire time and I'm very concerned for this country's future. We were not built on unemployment and working from home, as much as many people have become comfortable with both. We need to get back to work, be careful and get through this. There's a 99.5% mortality rate and we're making like it's the zombie apocalypse. Our country will have a really long time to recover from this as we pay people to not work
I assume you meant a .5% mortality rate, but it's actually 2.2%. Doesn't sound like much difference, but it is when you consider the amount of cases involved. And while we cannot survive this way forever, opening up completely means that 2.2% will translate across the entire population, not the small percentage we've seen so far. And that will mean far more deaths.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2020, 11:52:29 AM »

Same here Rick, essential. I worked the entire time and I'm very concerned for this country's future. We were not built on unemployment and working from home, as much as many people have become comfortable with both. We need to get back to work, be careful and get through this. There's a 99.5% mortality rate and we're making like it's the zombie apocalypse. Our country will have a really long time to recover from this as we pay people to not work
I assume you meant a .5% mortality rate, but it's actually 2.2%. Doesn't sound like much difference, but it is when you consider the amount of cases involved. And while we cannot survive this way forever, opening up completely means that 2.2% will translate across the entire population, not the small percentage we've seen so far. And that will mean far more deaths.
The simple fact is if everyone listened to the science and took simple preventative measures instead of complaining about their "freedoms", not only would far fewer deaths have likely occurred, we probably wouldn't be talking about all these new lockdown measures we're seeing now.

sfish

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2020, 11:59:28 AM »

Also, my company at least seems very comfortable being able to work from home, as more than 90% of us are doing so and we haven't skipped a beat.
That's fine for your company but it's the rest of the country I'm concerned about. You can find different %'s depending on sources and demographics. I happen to work for a company that hasn't laid anybody off but that doesn't mean the country is healthy just because I haven't skipped a beat. Small businesses are decimated, only big business allowed to remain open, why?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:52 PM »

Also, my company at least seems very comfortable being able to work from home, as more than 90% of us are doing so and we haven't skipped a beat.
That's fine for your company but it's the rest of the country I'm concerned about. You can find different %'s depending on sources and demographics. I happen to work for a company that hasn't laid anybody off but that doesn't mean the country is healthy just because I haven't skipped a beat. Small businesses are decimated, only big business allowed to remain open, why?
True enough, and why I actually deleted my comment after posting it, because my and your experiences are obviously not the norm.

sfish

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2020, 12:37:21 PM »

True enough, and why I actually deleted my comment after posting it, because my and your experiences are obviously not the norm.
They're very different and we're both fortunate, my wife is employed by the company that my employer serves, so we both rely upon one company for employment. I can't imagine that company is not being hurt severely long term by a lack of production. Meanwhile, construction on this site is off the charts. It was one of the only places that never shut down. Biden's plan is to raise corporate taxes substantially, he will penalize greatly the companies that kept NJ construction going during the pandemic, that scares me

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »

They're very different and we're both fortunate, my wife is employed by the company that my employer serves, so we both rely upon one company for employment. I can't imagine that company is not being hurt severely long term by a lack of production. Meanwhile, construction on this site is off the charts. It was one of the only places that never shut down. Biden's plan is to raise corporate taxes substantially, he will penalize greatly the companies that kept NJ construction going during the pandemic, that scares me
Well, all we can do now is sit back, wait and see, because regardless of the Drumpf/Guiliani delusions, it's happening.

sfish

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2020, 01:28:56 PM »

Well, all we can do now is sit back, wait and see, because regardless of the Drumpf/Guiliani delusions, it's happening.
It's happening with lies, smoke and mirrors. We'll see how much can be proven, otherwise we'll get the weakest leader we've seen since Carter

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2020, 01:29:43 PM »

Speaking of happening, this is for dinner tonight:

http://www.condadotacos.com/

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2020, 01:30:34 PM »

It's happening with lies, smoke and mirrors. We'll see how much can be proven, otherwise we'll get the weakest leader we've seen since Carter
So far, the answer is nothing can be proven. I think there's a reason for that, but you're not gonna want to hear it. ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »

Holiday treats from Cigar Federation

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2020, 01:46:21 PM »

Today is Wednesday, Nov. 18, the 323rd day of 2020.
In 1928, Walt Disney’s first sound-synchronized animated cartoon, “Steamboat Willie” starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York.
I still have my pin from when we were there 2 years ago on his 90th birthday. Seems like nearly a lifetime ago.
Planning on heading back to WDWs 60th next October.
Taking the grandkids with you?
Nope took them last year.  Kids were fine, DIL was a pain in the ass.  Will take daughter and son #2 this time.

sfish

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »

So far, the answer is nothing can be proven. I think there's a reason for that, but you're not gonna want to hear it. ;)
Always trying to tell others what you think they know or want, sounds like an approach shared by those claiming victory prematurely

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2020, 01:48:51 PM »

Quick survey.  Which do you choose, a steak or this:
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/inno/stories/profiles/2020/11/17/animal-free-meat-startup.html
Personally, I'd rather a hunk of meat but I'm not opposed to having options. Truth be told, haven't tried any of the plant based "meats" yet and the frankenstein shit scares me a bit.
I've tried the burger Cheesecake Factory sells. Not sure which brand it is, but I was surprised at how closely it resembled meat.
Didn't realize Cheesecake Factory had an offering. The funny thing about those plant based substitutes is that they're supposed to be less healthy for you than what they're imitating.
Yea, was curious when the BK one came out and they were marketing it heavy.  Within like 20 calories of the regular Whopper. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »

Today is Wednesday, Nov. 18, the 323rd day of 2020.
In 1928, Walt Disney’s first sound-synchronized animated cartoon, “Steamboat Willie” starring Mickey Mouse, premiered in New York.
I still have my pin from when we were there 2 years ago on his 90th birthday. Seems like nearly a lifetime ago.
Planning on heading back to WDWs 60th next October.
Taking the grandkids with you?
Nope took them last year.  Kids were fine, DIL was a pain in the ass.  Will take daughter and son #2 this time.
Give her a break, taking kids to Disney World is far more stressful than it probably should be.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7