CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 04, 2023, 12:00:11 AM

Title: 5/4/2023
Post by: CigarBanter on May 04, 2023, 12:00:11 AM
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 12:03:06 AM
On with the new day.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 12:32:46 AM
Today is Thursday, May 4, the 124th day of 2023.
There are 241 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.

SFE_05041970
You can find more historic Examiner pages going back to 1865 at www.newspapers.com

On this date:

In 1776, Rhode Island declared its freedom from England, two months before the Declaration of Independence was adopted.

In 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago, a labor demonstration for an 8-hour work day turned into a deadly riot when a bomb exploded.

In 1904, the United States took over construction of the Panama Canal from the French.

In 1932, mobster Al Capone, convicted of income-tax evasion, entered the federal penitentiary in Atlanta. (Capone was later transferred to Alcatraz Island.)

In 1942, the Battle of the Coral Sea, the first naval clash fought entirely with carrier aircraft, began in the Pacific during World War II. (The outcome was considered a tactical victory for Japan, but ultimately a strategic one for the Allies.)

In 1945, during World War II, German forces in the Netherlands, Denmark and northwest Germany agreed to surrender.

In 1961, the first group of “Freedom Riders” left Washington, D.C., to challenge racial segregation on interstate buses and in bus terminals.

In 1998, Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski was given four life sentences plus 30 years by a federal judge in Sacramento, under a plea agreement that spared him the death penalty.

In 2001, Bonny Lee Bakley, wife of actor Robert Blake, was shot to death as she sat in a car near a restaurant in Los Angeles. (Blake, accused of Bakley’s murder, was acquitted in a criminal trial but found liable by a civil jury and ordered to pay damages.)

In 2006, a federal judge sentenced Zacarias Moussaoui to life in prison for his role in the 9/11 attacks, telling the convicted terrorist, “You will die with a whimper.”

In 2011, President Barack Obama said he had decided not to release death photos of Osama bin Laden because their graphic nature could incite violence and create national security risks. Officials told The Associated Press that the Navy SEALs who’d stormed bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan shot and killed him after they saw him appear to lunge for a weapon.

In 2020, New York state reported more than 1,700 previously undisclosed coronavirus deaths at nursing homes and adult care facilities. Struggling fashion brand J.Crew became the first major retailer to file for bankruptcy protection since the start of the pandemic. Former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula died at 90; he’d won more games than any other NFL coach.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 12:33:36 AM
Ten years ago: National Rifle Association leaders told members during a meeting in Houston that the fight against gun control legislation was far from over, and vowed that none in the organization would ever have to surrender their weapons. A limousine taking nine women to a bachelorette party erupted in flames on the San Mateo Bridge, killing five of the passengers, including the bride-to-be. Orb powered to a 2½-length victory on a sloppy track to win the Kentucky Derby. Floyd Mayweather came back from a year’s absence to win a unanimous 12-round decision over Robert Guerrero in their welterweight title fight in Las Vegas.

Five years ago: President Donald Trump suggested that his newly-hired attorney Rudy Giuliani needed to “get his facts straight” about the hush money paid to porn actress Stormy Daniels just before the 2016 election; Giuliani had earlier said that Trump knew about the payment to Daniels made by his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and that Trump had paid Cohen back. The Connecticut Supreme Court overturned the murder conviction of Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel in the 1975 bludgeoning death of a girl in Greenwich, finding that Skakel’s trial attorney had failed to present evidence of an alibi. (The U.S. Supreme Court later left in place the Connecticut high court ruling.) Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols got his 3,000th hit, reaching the mark with a broken-bat single against the Seattle Mariners.

One year ago: Complaining that the West was “stuffing Ukraine with weapons,” Russia pounded railroad stations and other supply-line points across the country, as the European Union moved to further punish Moscow for the war by proposing a ban on oil imports, a crucial source of revenue. Heavy fighting also raged at the Azovstal steel mill in Mariupol. Donald Trump Jr., oldest son of former President Donald Trump, met with the congressional committee investigating the 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Comedian Dave Chappelle was tackled during a performance at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. Security guards chased and overpowered the attacker.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 12:36:42 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the Jackson musical family, is 93.
Jazz musician Ron Carter is 86.
Pulitzer Prize-winning political commentator George Will is 82.
Pop singer Peggy Santiglia Davison (The Angels) is 79.
Actor Richard Jenkins is 76.
Country singer Stella Parton is 74.
Actor-turned-clergyman Hilly Hicks is 73.
Singer Jackie Jackson (The Jacksons) is 72.
Singer-actor Pia Zadora is 71.
R&B singer Oleta Adams is 70.
Violinist Soozie Tyrell (Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band) is 66.
Country singer Randy Travis is 64.
Actor Mary McDonough is 62.
Comedian Ana Gasteyer is 56.
Actor Will Arnett is 53.
Rock musician Mike Dirnt (Green Day) is 51.
Contemporary Christian singer Chris Tomlin is 51.
TV personality and fashion designer Kimora Lee Simmons is 48.
Sports reporter Erin Andrews is 45.
Singer Lance Bass (‘N Sync) is 44.
Actor Ruth Negga is 42.
Rapper/singer Jidenna is 38.
Actor Alexander Gould is 29.
Country singer RaeLynn is 29.
Actor Amara Miller is 23.
Actor Brooklynn Prince (Film: “The Florida Project”) is 13.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 12:37:45 AM
Todays Over/Under is 5
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 05:25:33 AM
On with the new day.
I love La Galera and that one I'm sure fit the bill.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 05:26:27 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:01:43 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:02:15 AM
On with the new day.
Your new squeeze sure has you staying up past your bedtime these days.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:03:11 AM
Todays Over/Under is 5
Spot on, 5.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:03:44 AM
Morning, everyone else. Happy Little Friday.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:23:56 AM
Joe:

Diesel Uncut Toro - 10/32.50
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:24:41 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Hoyo de Monterrey Governors (Toro) - 5/24.99

Door #2 - Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1 - 10/44.99

Door #3 - Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniv. Champagne (Toro) - 5/29.99
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 06:56:25 AM
On with the new day.
I love La Galera and that one I'm sure fit the bill.
I was trying to make out what it was. I zoomed in and then did a little internet research at 2:30am to find it was La Galera imperial Jade. I'm quite curious about it.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 06:57:08 AM
Morning, everyone else. Happy Little Friday.
Back at you.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 06:57:27 AM
Todays Over/Under is 5
Nine today.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 06:59:08 AM
Baseball again tonight against the team that beat us 11-3 on Tuesday.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 07:00:14 AM
Baseball again tonight against the team that beat us 11-3 on Tuesday.
Maybe they used up all their runs in that outing.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 07:00:41 AM
We seem to play each team twice, one home and another away. But they always schedule them the same week.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 07:01:26 AM
Baseball again tonight against the team that beat us 11-3 on Tuesday.
Maybe they used up all their runs in that outing.
I doubt it but hopefully we'll do a little better at home.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 07:11:46 AM
Baseball again tonight against the team that beat us 11-3 on Tuesday.
Maybe they used up all their runs in that outing.
I doubt it but hopefully we'll do a little better at home.
Fingers crossed!
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 07:20:03 AM
It just started raining pretty hard again so maybe in the end it will be cancelled. Although the makeup games are always at an inconvenient day/time so I'm hoping not.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 07:32:06 AM
It just started raining pretty hard again so maybe in the end it will be cancelled. Although the makeup games are always at an inconvenient day/time so I'm hoping not.
Finally stopped here. A little bit still in the forecast for later today, but then we should be clear for a few days.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 08:01:44 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 08:48:29 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 09:03:09 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Well done. I was thinking of something similar to post but was too slow.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 09:14:01 AM
Wordle 684 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 09:44:10 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Well done. I was thinking of something similar to post but was too slow.
Great minds and whatnot.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 10:02:23 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Well done. I was thinking of something similar to post but was too slow.
Great minds and whatnot.
Mostly whatnot.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 10:15:40 AM
On with the new day.
I love La Galera and that one I'm sure fit the bill.
I was trying to make out what it was. I zoomed in and then did a little internet research at 2:30am to find it was La Galera imperial Jade. I'm quite curious about it.
Nice cigar.  A bit subtle, but very enjoyable.  Both sweet and spicy, Just enough pepper to notice with subtle creaminess as well.  One that you need to pay attention to or you would miss a lot.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 10:16:50 AM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Well done. I was thinking of something similar to post but was too slow.
Great minds and whatnot.
Mostly whatnot... :P
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 10:21:56 AM
Page 3
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 11:23:59 AM
Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.
53rd anniversary today and I'm forced to remember that I was on campus for the 30th anniversary. Which really makes the joints feel extra creaky.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 01:09:47 PM
I guess I have to go bang on pipes and give people hope
If anyone can do it, it's you.  :D

Morning, PipeBangingRick.
I'm banging away.
Good morning Dave and Tony
Same thing a porn star says when he shows up to work.
Too funny
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 01:10:34 PM

Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.
53rd anniversary today and I'm forced to remember that I was on campus for the 30th anniversary. Which really makes the joints feel extra creaky.

Also makes you feel extra old.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 01:25:45 PM

Today’s Highlight in History:

On May 4, 1970, Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire during an anti-war protest at Kent State University, killing four students and wounding nine others.
53rd anniversary today and I'm forced to remember that I was on campus for the 30th anniversary. Which really makes the joints feel extra creaky.

Also makes you feel extra old.
That's what I was going for, yes.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 01:57:46 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 02:02:27 PM
...and tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 02:06:26 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 02:08:40 PM
Lovely sunny afternoon.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 02:10:17 PM
...and tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.
And at midnight on May the Fourth turning into Cinco de Mayo, he shows up to drop tacos down your chimney.

(https://www.theshirtlist.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Obi-Juan-Funny-Mexican-Sombrero-Cinco-de-Mayo.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 02:10:29 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 02:11:13 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
I think I said that to my wife the other day.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 02:18:39 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 02:40:43 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
I think I said that to my wife the other day.
And how did that work out for you?
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2023, 03:09:25 PM
Afternoon, muchachos. Work's killing me today.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2023, 03:10:03 PM
Wordle 684 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: razgueado on May 04, 2023, 03:12:06 PM
Todays Over/Under is 5
Ten.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 04:14:37 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
I think I said that to my wife the other day.
And how did that work out for you?
It's nothing she didn't already know.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 05:31:51 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
I think I said that to my wife the other day.
And how did that work out for you?
It's nothing she didn't already know.
That Clemson Dave has to do everything?
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 05:33:44 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:13:18 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
Also grilled out for dinner, but did not enjoy a cigar during.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 06:13:42 PM
Surprised nobody has posted this yet...
We were waiting for you to return.
So I do have to do everything around here.... :-\
I think I said that to my wife the other day.
And how did that work out for you?
It's nothing she didn't already know.
That Clemson Dave has to do everything?
That's between him and his new lady friend.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 04, 2023, 06:31:38 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
With or without tube?
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 07:00:13 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
With or without tube?
No tube no coffin but what made it special is it was a gift from my coworker
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 07:05:18 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
With or without tube?
No tube no coffin but what made it special is it was a gift from my coworker
No tube is fine if they're free.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: bluecollar on May 04, 2023, 07:55:56 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
With or without tube?
No tube no coffin but what made it special is it was a gift from my coworker
No tube is fine if they're free.
I work with a really cool fellow Engineer. We share cigars and have a lot in common. I turned him on to some of my favorite cigars. I can't help but think I encouraged his recent buying spree's
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: LuvTooGolf on May 04, 2023, 09:59:56 PM
Cooking dinner on the grill while enjoying a Divinia(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230504/83be563e53f06e84e82cc66275e4d388.jpg)
With or without tube?
No tube no coffin but what made it special is it was a gift from my coworker
No tube is fine if they're free.
I work with a really cool fellow Engineer. We share cigars and have a lot in common. I turned him on to some of my favorite cigars. I can't help but think I encouraged his recent buying spree's
Nothing wrong with enabling.
Title: Re: 5/4/2023
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 04, 2023, 10:42:33 PM
Baseball again tonight against the team that beat us 11-3 on Tuesday.
Raining hard now but we were able to get our game in. We lost to them again. This time, 12-2. We starting doing horribly in the top of the fourth. Until then we kept it close, 3-2. By the way, we only played 5.